HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 12:22 AM

Nice! Good choice. Those are all great hotels.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 2:07 PM

^Glad about the Family Court, great spot and building for a luxe hotel.

Francisville/Ridge Ave, Fairmount developments
Stamm Development seems to be the leader developer here, found these updates on their IG page:

Ridge Avenue near Broad

The Cornerstone:

The Porter:

The Fairmount Greenery:

A lot more here- Brewerytown projects as well:
https://www.instagram.com/stammdevelopmentgroup/?hl=en

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 3:08 PM

Incredible updates! Thanks Jawn.

Edit: Wow, those guys rule the 1500 block of Ridge.

Last edited by PHL10; May 1, 2019 at 3:26 PM.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 3:22 PM
Future World Dictator

Also re: Francisville, the developer/owner of that giant empty lot along 19th Street put up a chain fence around it the other day. I would hope this means it will actually be developed soon, but I think they just did it to stop people from parking there (which feels like kind of a jerk move unless they are planning to imminently develop it lol, but it's their lot so they can do what they want I suppose...).

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrobk View Post
Also re: Francisville, the developer/owner of that giant empty lot along 19th Street put up a chain fence around it the other day. I would hope this means it will actually be developed soon, but I think they just did it to stop people from parking there (which feels like kind of a jerk move unless they are planning to imminently develop it lol, but it's their lot so they can do what they want I suppose...).
I wasn't sure which lot so I looked at it in street view. in some shots, it looks like the grass parking at the Mann there were so many cars parked there. I'm not sure what the liabilities are to have a few dozen cars parked on your property but whatever the motive, it doesn't seem like a jerk move to me.

[

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 4:07 PM

Those are great looking and dense projects. I'm so glad PHA had to get involved on Ridge in Sharswood to surely stunt organic development haha

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 5:31 PM

Apartments, coffee shop coming to former ICE offices in Callowhill

https://philly.curbed.com/2019/5/1/1...whill-renovate

Quote:
The quickly changing Callowhill neighborhood is about to see a new addition: 95 apartments in a former immigration building.

The adaptive reuse project at 1600 Callowhill wrapped up in January and is slated for a grand opening next week. Designed by BLT Architects, the newly renovated space is bringing 2000 square feet for ground floor retail—which will be occupied by a Bison Cafe—and apartments ranging from studios to two-bedrooms. There’s also a fitness center, parking for a third of the tenants, and a roof deck with views of Center City.

It’s the latest of many uses for the 1908-built structure, which was once home to a car company as well as the Middishade Clothing Factory, according to Naked City. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in the 1990s.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 8:40 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boku View Post
Apartments, coffee shop coming to former ICE offices in Callowhill

https://philly.curbed.com/2019/5/1/1...whill-renovate
From a previous facebook discussion:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phil...2%3A%22R%22%7D

It wanted to be a Baldwin [Locomotive]-related building, in its intended owner's role as a supplier to Baldwin, but apparently Baldwin was already planning to decamp to Eddystone at the time it was completed.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Phil...3720184916622/

From the National Register nomination: "…was designed by Watson and Huckel in 1908 for C.C. Knight and Co., iron and steel merchants and tool manufacturers to serve the adjacent Baldwin Locomotive Works. But while this building was under construction, Baldwin was preparing to move to Eddystone, Pa."

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 11:11 PM

141 Unit Modular Construction Building Rising in West Philly

Quote:
A 141 unit mixed-use building is rising in West Philadelphia at 4125 Chestnut St. The modular construction building is replacing an old car wash. The parcel was sold in April of 2018 for $9.9 million. A previous proposal at the location called for a 17-story, 240 unit building.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 11:18 PM
Fishtown & Country

Fishtown, Wed., 5/1
Girard and Palmer sts. This was a giant pit for a long time. The steel seemed to spring up practically overnight.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 11:21 PM
Fishtown & Country

More Fishtown- 5/1-
Columbia, near Girard-

On Girard -

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I wasn't sure which lot so I looked at it in street view. in some shots, it looks like the grass parking at the Mann there were so many cars parked there. I'm not sure what the liabilities are to have a few dozen cars parked on your property but whatever the motive, it doesn't seem like a jerk move to me.

[
Forget about liability. Let the public use your land long enough and you may lose your rights to that property. There is a reason people go through the trouble of putting down those "space behind plaque not dedicated" plaques.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Forget about liability. Let the public use your land long enough and you may lose your rights to that property. There is a reason people go through the trouble of putting down those "space behind plaque not dedicated" plaques.
Thanks for that, a flashback to 1L property is exactly what I needed this morning.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkway View Post
Thanks for that, a flashback to 1L property is exactly what I needed this morning.
Continuous, Hostile, Open, . . . .

Ahhh, those were the days.

Anyone in this "community" (hint, hint) remember the significance of WANTLINC?

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 4:58 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

New stuff:

1503-07 N Front: 4 stories, 7 units

5420 Ridge: 34 units

2202-34 Haines: 4 stories, 50 units

1709-11 S 4th: 10 units

1421 E Columbia: 14 units

4233 Chestnut: 7 stories 278 units!

303 S 51st: 30 units

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 10:37 PM

Walnut Street Theatre announces a major expansion, set to start in 2020

Quote:
The Walnut Street Theatre announced Saturday evening that fund-raising is now underway for a substantial new wing of the building. Plans would expand the 210-year-old theater’s footprint partway into the parking lot next door and add a 400-seat theater in the round.

The three-story, 35,000-square-foot addition would break ground in May 2020 and be completed in 2022.

In addition to the new theater in the round, which will be on the second floor, the expansion will accommodate a redesigned and expanded first-floor lobby area and on-site lobby restaurant, third-floor rehearsal halls, and a dedicated space for education programs. The addition will build out east, into part of the parking lot; parking will still be available in the remainder of the lot.
Read more at Philly.com

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 2:37 PM

280 Unit Mixed-Use Development Proposed for Lehigh Ave. in Kensington

Quote:
The development will be presented at the Somerset Neighbors For Better Living community meeting on May 6th and then will head to the Zoning Board of Adjustment (ZBA) on June 12th. If approved by the ZBA, this project will also have to appear before the Civic Design Review (CDR) for non-binding feedback.
More details about the proposal here

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 3:26 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post

Walnut Street Theatre announces a major expansion, set to start in 2020

Read more at Philly.com
Seeing the two girls taking the random selfie on the second floor makes this one of the more accurate renderings I have seen.

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 3:41 PM

Not sure if this was posted but I just got back to Philadelphia from school and yesterday I was taking the train from Norristown to the city. The large old paper mill that was supposed to be developed by Emmitt Smith was under partial demolition. If I get the chance I will try to take pictures. Is this part of the development plan

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 7:55 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimshady View Post
Not sure if this was posted but I just got back to Philadelphia from school and yesterday I was taking the train from Norristown to the city. The large old paper mill that was supposed to be developed by Emmitt Smith was under partial demolition. If I get the chance I will try to take pictures. Is this part of the development plan
As I recall, demo of some portions of the sprawling complex was part of the plan, although I have no specifics.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development