HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 9:58 PM

Old Posted Mar 21, 2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScottsOffice View Post
Doesn't look terrible. Interested to see how this'll turn out.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScottsOffice View Post
I can't place this render in the context of the actually space on 19th street. Doesn't jibe. Will need to see more detailed renderings, but this seems too big unless they are knocking down the nail place, psychic store, and cleaners as part of the project.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 2:55 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
I can't place this render in the context of the actually space on 19th street. Doesn't jibe. Will need to see more detailed renderings, but this seems too big unless they are knocking down the nail place, psychic store, and cleaners as part of the project.
I thought they had acquired some of the adjacent properties, or at least were trying. But maybe not. So far the only zoning for lot consolidation is 29 & 31 S. 19th, which would be the demolished thrift shop and the demolished Hertz respectively. Of course the biggest part of the L-shaped lot fronts on Ludlow (where the former Hertz also extended).

http://li.phila.gov/#details?entity=...s.+19th+street

OWNER
SOUTH 19TH STREET LP

MAILING ADDRESS
31 S 19TH ST
19103 - 3718
PERMIT DETAILS
Permit Number
Application Type
ZONING PERMIT
Permit Type
ZON-RELOCATION OF LOT LINES
Date Issued
Tue Sep 20 2016
Work Description
FOR THE LOT ADJUSTMENT TO CREATE ONE(1) PARCEL ( PARCEL # A) FROM TWO(2) OPA ACCOUNTS ( 29 S 19TH ST AND 31 S 19TH ST). SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN IN THE APPLICATION.
Status
COMPLETED

Last edited by Jayfar; Mar 22, 2018 at 3:05 AM.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Knowing how Clarke operates, the subtext here is pretty obvious: Temple hasn't bribed him enough yet.
Is Clarke the type of politician who gives in to bribes? (Insert joke here) If so, that could easily make or break the stadium project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScottsOffice
https://commercialobserver.com/2018/03/meridian-arranges-54m-in-construction-financing-for-philly-micro-hotel/
Huh. It never crossed my mind that we could end up with one of those. I thought they only had those in Japan. (Provided they are what I think they are)

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:17 AM

Yes, that makes more sense. I think the pictured entrance in that render must be the parking lot that now abuts Ludlow directly. Absent demolition of those neighboring properties, those renders can't be of 19th street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
I thought they had acquired some of the adjacent properties, or at least were trying. But maybe not. So far the only zoning for lot consolidation is 29 & 31 S. 19th, which would be the demolished thrift shop and the demolished Hertz respectively. Of course the biggest part of the L-shaped lot fronts on Ludlow (where the former Hertz also extended).

http://li.phila.gov/#details?entity=...s.+19th+street

OWNER
SOUTH 19TH STREET LP

MAILING ADDRESS
31 S 19TH ST
19103 - 3718
PERMIT DETAILS
Permit Number
Application Type
ZONING PERMIT
Permit Type
ZON-RELOCATION OF LOT LINES
Date Issued
Tue Sep 20 2016
Work Description
FOR THE LOT ADJUSTMENT TO CREATE ONE(1) PARCEL ( PARCEL # A) FROM TWO(2) OPA ACCOUNTS ( 29 S 19TH ST AND 31 S 19TH ST). SIZE AND LOCATION AS SHOWN IN THE APPLICATION.
Status
COMPLETED

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
Is Clarke the type of politician who gives in to bribes? (Insert joke here) If so, that could easily make or break the stadium project.

Huh. It never crossed my mind that we could end up with one of those. I thought they only had those in Japan. (Provided they are what I think they are)
What do you think they are?...I sense they are not that... This chain already has locations in New York and DC, by the way.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Saturn64 View Post
They are not the Japanese Pods, ie sleeping capsuls.. the linked article mentions that the rooms in the DC POD average 150 sq ft. Small, but not that small

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Can these be uglier?
SAME. Wow, I feel like a NIMBY, I'm like, no. Try harder.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 5:53 AM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Yes, that makes more sense. I think the pictured entrance in that render must be the parking lot that now abuts Ludlow directly. Absent demolition of those neighboring properties, those renders can't be of 19th street.
I found a 2016 PhillyMag article by Sandy Smith.
Quote:
Property spoke with owners and staff in businesses on either side of the cleared lot to see what could be gleaned about its likely fate.

What we learned from Tung To, who owns ToBox Shoes, which rents space at 25 S. 19th Street, was this: Parkway had apparently tried to acquire all of the properties on South 19th between Ludlow Street and the driveway it owned. However, the owners of 23-25 and 27 S. 19th weren’t interested.

Chau Tran, owner of both Nails by Chau and the building that houses it at 27 S. 19th, explained that she wasn’t interested in selling to Parkway at any price: “I need the space for my business,” she said. “If I sell it, I have no place to go. Rents are very high.” She did go on to say that she had been willing to work out some sort of air rights deal the way a similarly situated cousin of hers in Canada did: “They could use my sky if they wanted to do that,” she said. “They would have to pay me for relocating” while construction took place, then when it was complete, they would simply restore use of the bottom three floors and basement on the lot to her.

[snip]

A spokesperson for Parkway Corporation declined to confirm or deny the rumor, saying the company was not ready to comment on the site. The spokesperson did, however, state that Parkway was no longer interested in acquiring the properties at 23-27 S. 19th.
Read more at https://www.phillymag.com/property/2...G4L7RJ4EXCx.99

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 1:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
They are not the Japanese Pods, ie sleeping capsuls.. the linked article mentions that the rooms in the DC POD average 150 sq ft. Small, but not that small
https://twitter.com/seinfeldism1/sta...03814604660736

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 5:00 PM

2333 Fairmount Ave. - next to Bishop's Collar (from yesterday's snow storm):

I think the building will look like this -- if nothing has changed:

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...dsome-building

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 6:34 PM

^^^Wow, very handsome building, that's great infill.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 7:45 PM

26th & Poplar - coming soon:

"The Fairmount Estates" - 23 houses with elevators! and underground parking...

Much more info here:
http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...ct-26th-poplar

No idea how much these will be selling for.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 1:51 PM

^^^Those will replace this beauty:
https://goo.gl/maps/ide9Mo6KQVL2

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the architecture, but certainly infinitely preferable to that weedy lot!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 2:48 PM

Quote:
I don't see any proof that this property still cannot be used as a grassy lot. I say the city council strike this down.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Ya know....Where's the historical commission when you need them. Hate to see such iconic Philly properties like this go away.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:21 PM

Inga had a nice write up in the paper yesterday about St. Laurentis in Fishtown. The project (conversion of the church into about 20-something apartments) is being held up because of parking concerns. If the lawsuit drags on, the buyer may walk away and the church (still the owner) may re-attempt to demolish it. The attorney - Hal Schirmer - implied that if the church were to end up being demolished, it's okay because by right, the property is zoned for just a couple of townhomes, which is preferable to the number of apartments being proposed.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Inga had a nice write up in the paper yesterday about St. Laurentis in Fishtown. The project (conversion of the church into about 20-something apartments) is being held up because of parking concerns. If the lawsuit drags on, the buyer may walk away and the church (still the owner) may re-attempt to demolish it. The attorney - Hal Schirmer - implied that if the church were to end up being demolished, it's okay because by right, the property is zoned for just a couple of townhomes, which is preferable to the number of apartments being proposed.
Such a disgrace. That structure has been standing for 150 years and could stand for another 150 years but let's demolish it so my parking is potentially easier for the next 10 years. Selfish losers.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development