HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 9:29 PM

Wait, so is the little park between Logan Square and the Free Library actually open? Cause I was joking the other day about how it was going to be finished in some distant time.

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
FYI Philliesfan that framing on broad near Allegheny has been like that for like 5 years, stalled project.
Bummer. That stretch of North Broad (Lehigh to Allegheny) is just asking for revitalization. The proposal at Broad and Indiana will help, but that area has so much unrealized potential to remain in the current state.

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted May 20, 2017, 10:38 PM

The half capping drives me nuts.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 12:29 AM

Watt Khmer Palelai

Was walking around Bartram's Garden today and saw the Buddhist Temple. I wish I could have walked around it, but there were fences everywhere.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post
[IMG]
This is a great little space....for the homeless. Who's going to bypass Logan Square and Sister Cities Park (or that shitty green space to the left in the picture) to come here? The city is going to have to do something to activate this space. I'd suggest a beer garden with some food trucks during the warm months.

In general the Parkway needs more active uses and less empty space.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
This is a great little space....for the homeless. Who's going to bypass Logan Square and Sister Cities Park (or that shitty green space to the left in the picture) to come here? The city is going to have to do something to activate this space. I'd suggest a beer garden with some food trucks during the warm months.

The Barnes was a step in the right direction...
The baseball parks are not.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 2:41 AM

Forgot to post this yesterday (5/20), but 2108-10 Walnut is starting to rise!

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
The Barnes was a step in the right direction...
The baseball parks are not.
The baseball parks were not a "step" in any direction. They've been there for generations. They're one of the most activated well-used amenities on the parkway.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post

Definitely agree the Parkway needs more active users. Not sure we need food trucks everywhere. I think a simple cafe that serves alcohol would do the trick. As well as simply continued development on the parkway's edges. As someone who lives a block from there when I live in Philly, I definitely am happy about this. Walking across the Parkway at 20th street while it was a mess for so long was a real blight on the streetscape.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 12:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKatzPhillytoParis View Post
Definitely agree the Parkway needs more active users. Not sure we need food trucks everywhere. I think a simple cafe that serves alcohol would do the trick. As well as simply continued development on the parkway's edges. As someone who lives a block from there when I live in Philly, I definitely am happy about this. Walking across the Parkway at 20th street while it was a mess for so long was a real blight on the streetscape.
The 676 project will leave the area looking much better than it did before. I'm not sure what people on here are complaining about honestly. We shouldn't have open plazas or benches because of the homeless? Really?

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 1:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
The 676 project will leave the area looking much better than it did before. I'm not sure what people on here are complaining about honestly. We shouldn't have open plazas or benches because of the homeless? Really?
When there not enough people to utilize every plaza, then yes, they become barren windswept spaces that attract the homeless.

And the reason I suggested food trucks is b/c there is already Cafe Cret a block away. Food trucks would be different. And a beer garden. Something to activate that space.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 2:43 PM
Philly Pholly

The pic reminds me of Pennsylvania Avenue in DC. It was just a matter of cleaning up the neighborhood and one of the city's most iconic locations. The Parkway now has a formal landscaped entrance and a better pedestrian connection to Logan Square. It redefines the area as a pedestrian friendly zone. It's a part of a bigger picture and they did a fine job. It's a fair response to the development that is coming this way.
These are basically passive spaces where many people will be passing by everyday. They need no other purpose other than just being.
Philadelphia is a very dense congested city and needs all the people spaces it can get.
Yeah, the missing caps are annoying but I will always hope they see the wisdom the capping of 676, someday.
https://www.facebook.com/cap676/

Last edited by SEFTA; May 22, 2017 at 3:03 PM.

Old Posted May 22, 2017, 8:26 PM

Conversion in Point Breeze. Burn it down!
https://www.philadelinquency.com/201...me-apartments/

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 2:11 AM

Timeline: 10 Schuylkill River Trail projects in the pipeline

Read more here:
https://philly.curbed.com/2016/1/21/...jects-timeline

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 2:23 AM

401 Race - luxury apartments/retail - 4 floors
Update from Building Philly

https://www.facebook.com/BuildingPhilly/

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 7:13 PM

Just received word that Pyramid Lofts, located at 3101 Glenwood Avenue in Brewerytown, is 50% pre-leased! This project is not finished yet, which speaks to not only the strength of the market in Brewerytown, but another real estate factor that I've noticed: the relative scarcity of loft-style units in the city.

Also, if anyone is interested, Pyramid Lofts will be holding an open house on Thursday, June 8th from 5:30-8:30 PM.

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 9:28 AM

Hale Building update:

The false facade has been removed revealing original window frames that had been buried for decades. Also some graffiti appears to have been removed....

Hale Building May 23, 2017 by tehshadowbat, on Flickr

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the photos Shadowbat! Incredible. It’s hard to believe that covering intricate stonework with a flat false façade was ever considered a design improvement.

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 3:47 PM

Take down a couple of whales and everyone loses their mind. But, take down this sweet ass money clip and no one bats an eye.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9506...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted May 24, 2017, 4:27 PM

Philly police HQ to move to former Inquirer/Daily News building

Philly police HQ to move to former Inquirer/Daily News building:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pe...-20170524.html

This means they are abandoning plans to use the former Provident Mutual Life building at 46th & Market which has been undergoing renovations for the past several years.
To me this is an outrage and a betrayal of all the tax paying citizens of the city.
They cannot on the one hand cry poor and raise taxes (soda, property etc) and then on the other hand walk away from a $250M renovation just because the police can’t find their way on the El from 46th St to the courthouse downtown. Obviously the Inquirer building will require tens of millions of dollars of work to transform it into the new roundhouse so not only will they have squandered $250M of tax payer money renovating a building that is going to be severely underused they now plan to throw good money after bad and spend more of the tax payers hard earned dollars.

Last edited by Noam215; May 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development