HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 3:53 PM

NOTO nightclub owners plan new floors of offices and dwellings atop dance venue

Quote:
Meritis Group L.L.C. — controlled by dance-music impresario James De Berardine and his mother Micheline — was granted a permit Thursday to build five new floors with homes and offices atop the existing four-story dance club property at 1201 Vine St., according to the Philadelphia Department of Licenses and Inspections.

The permit allows for the resulting nine-story building’s bottom two floors to remain in use as a dance venue, with offices on its third and fourth floors, a “financial services” user on its fifth floor, and 60 residential units on floors six through nine, topped with a roof deck.

The permit designates 18 spots at an adjacent parking lot at 1201 Vine St., acquired by the De Berardines last month, for users of the enlarged NOTO building, according to L&I. The pair had previously discussed building a 16-story apartment tower at the site.
See the entire story at the above link.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
Inga had a nice write up in the paper yesterday about St. Laurentis in Fishtown. The project (conversion of the church into about 20-something apartments) is being held up because of parking concerns. If the lawsuit drags on, the buyer may walk away and the church (still the owner) may re-attempt to demolish it. The attorney - Hal Schirmer - implied that if the church were to end up being demolished, it's okay because by right, the property is zoned for just a couple of townhomes, which is preferable to the number of apartments being proposed.
Classic short sightedness, from another great Philly lawyer, who the article says has worked on other preservation related legal matters, he claims his clients, who no one can identify, would rather tear down a historic church and have 6, probably semi ugly looking townhouses built instead of saving the church, restoring it and have a lot more apartments. All this because a few unidentified people are worried about having a bad parking situation get worse?!
I wonder if the Catholic Church lowed the sale price if then the developer could build less units, you know, find a middle ground. Or the Church could donate the building in exchange for a certain number of affordable units being included in the plans. This parish (neighborhood) was good to the Church for many years; maybe its time for the Church to give something back to the neighborhood.
And where is the City in all this mess? That's right, the 'task force' on Historic Preservation is having a public meeting to talk about 30 nearly meaningless points, a meeting which included 15 minutes for the public to add its comments. Good to know we can count on the City coming through when they're needed. (now a word from 1487!)

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
A more feasible plan though disappointed to see the parking lot remain.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Classic short sightedness, from another great Philly lawyer, who the article says has worked on other preservation related legal matters, he claims his clients, who no one can identify, would rather tear down a historic church and have 6, probably semi ugly looking townhouses built instead of saving the church, restoring it and have a lot more apartments. All this because a few unidentified people are worried about having a bad parking situation get worse?!
Hal is the worst!!! I'm surprised that he seems winning the case as he has dropped the ball on many occasions. If anything I think the demo companies pay him off to get buildings demolished.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Good to know we can count on the City coming through when they're needed. (now a word from 1487!)
Haha, that is total 1487 bait right there!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
Haha, that is total 1487 bait right there!
Yep, the good old days, "you people just don't understand--------"

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 11:40 PM

The task force is strongly opposed to the "Faithful" (faithless) Laurentians. There are limited mechanisms to stop these delusional, selfish, disgusting people. The Defendants to the lawsuit should seek fees, expedited review of the Faithless Laurentians' appeal and dismissal. The appellate court should not entertain this ridiculous bait and switch. This was ostensibly about preservation of the church and now it's about parking. Appellate courts frown on and typically refuse to entertain arguments not made below. So if this group never raised the parking argument below, I hope they get soundly spanked.

Quote:
I wonder if the Catholic Church lowed the sale price if then the developer could build less units, you know, find a middle ground. Or the Church could donate the building in exchange for a certain number of affordable units being included in the plans. This parish (neighborhood) was good to the Church for many years; maybe its time for the Church to give something back to the neighborhood.
And where is the City in all this mess? That's right, the 'task force' on Historic Preservation is having a public meeting to talk about 30 nearly meaningless points, a meeting which included 15 minutes for the public to add its comments. Good to know we can count on the City coming through when they're needed. (now a word from 1487!)

Old Posted Mar 24, 2018, 9:24 PM
Fishtown & Country

Saturday, 2/24

Frankford Ave. in Fishtown -

"Carvana" on Front St. -

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 4:22 PM

Old City updates

The National - 112 N. 2nd Street:
192 apartments - 6 floors

img]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/795/27138152058_db28fdd005_b.jpg[/img]

http://www.bpgroup.net/construction-...-the-national/

218 Arch Street:
10 floors - 116 apartments

http://www.varenhorst.com/work/project/218_arch_street

313-325 Race Street:
Not sure how many units ???

http://www.ebuiltinc.com/projects.html

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
Ya know....Where's the historical commission when you need them. Hate to see such iconic Philly properties like this go away.

Does anyone know what is going in here a few blocks away

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9772...7i13312!8i6656

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 4:31 PM

TallCoolOne, killing it with pic updates. Nice job!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 4:36 PM

One more ...
401 Race Street:
4 floors, 216 units

https://philly.curbed.com/maps/new-p...-race-street-2

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
Does anyone know what is going in here a few blocks away

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.9772...7i13312!8i6656
I think that’s going to be the new hq for the Philadelphia housing authority. They’re moving from center city. It’s a 5 or 6 story building.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 4:50 PM

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 5:01 PM

Thanks for the pics tc1

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 5:38 PM

The building next to Elfreth's Alley is coming up so fast. I wonder how well (or poorly) it'll contrast with the colonial buildings next to it.

Save the SS United States!

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScottsOffice View Post

Ahh, thanks!

Phase 2 and 3 and three need a significant parking lot diet

Oy Vey!

and wow that image, people complain about the commercial townhouses a few blocks away but look at these suburban yard and parking dwellings from the PHA

that needs to stop

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidphilly View Post
Ahh, thanks!

Phase 2 and 3 and three need a significant parking lot diet

Oy Vey!

and wow that image, people complain about the commercial townhouses a few blocks away but look at these suburban yard and parking dwellings from the PHA

that needs to stop
Yea I know what you mean. Regardless of what this does for the neighborhood though I’d expect it has to be better than the Blumberg projects.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 2:38 AM

Anyone know the status of that nice round-ish brick proposal for 9th and Washington? I haven't been to the Italian Market in a while.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 11:36 AM

216 units is really going to liven up that dead zone around 4th and race.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development