HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newnan_Eric View Post
I can't beleive that such prime locations are being left to rot.
They're not as prime as you think. Midtown was a bad neighborhood not too long ago and has no shortage of underdeveloped land today. It will probably be 20-30 years before all those lots are redeveloped.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2014, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
So I asked the people at Starbucks when they were moving to the Viewpoint retail. The lady had no idea so I'm guessing it's not an imminent move.
They have filed all the permits needed to start construction on Seventh and it is working its way through the process. It may not be imminent but it is very likely not too far in the future from happening.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6544912
Novare eyes key Midtown corner for new tower http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...new-tower.html
Quote:
One of Atlanta's most prolific high-rise residential developers wants to build its latest tower on a prime corner in the red-hot Midtown market.

Novare intends to buy a nearly 1.5 acre site at West Peachtree and 14th streets near One Atlantic Center. The property today houses low-rise buildings with tenants such as Einstien Bros Bagel and Zipcar.

Novare could acquire the land and raze the building by the end of the year.
It plans to build a residential tower in its place.

The article goes on to mention that this is rumored to be the "next generation" of Skyhouse. I take that to mean that they have made a few minor tweaks that they can repeat all over the country (not that there is anything wrong with that). So I'm guessing that we can look forward to another hideous deck fronting W Peachtree with the tower fronting 14th.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I was looking at the Midtown Alliance development opportunities map and noticed one project that is new (to me at least). The other half of the block with the University House is listed as a proposed development for a "Residential high-rise, 400 market-rate apartments".

http://www.midtownatl.com/_files/doc...nteractive.pdf
It's probably Novares Development.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2014, 11:19 PM

Civic Center could be sold as early as this summer

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/atlanta...tlink_homepage

Quote:
Pending approval from the Atlanta City Council, Atlanta officials could sell the Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center as early as this summer, interim Chief Operating Officer Michael Geisler said Tuesday.

As first reported by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Monday, Councilman Kwanza Hall introduced legislation that paves the way for the city to sell the aging performing arts center to a developer.

Under the proposal, Invest Atlanta, the city’s economic development arm, would oversee a bid process and request proposals from developers to revitalize the site. The legislation could come before the council for a full vote in coming weeks.

While city officials are open to any number of development possibilities, they’re asking a potential buyer to incorporate enhancements to Renaissance Park, a city property adjacent to the Civic Center’s 16-acres, as part of a proposal.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2014, 9:24 PM

Sembler plans retail project near East Atlanta Village

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/real_talk/2014/04/sembler-plans-retail-project-near-east-atlanta.html

Quote:
The Sembler Co. is planning a retail project near East Atlanta Village.

The Florida company that’s developed Atlanta shopping centers such as Town Brookhaven has under contract several parcels at Moreland, Glenwood and Portland avenues near Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand.

Sembler is planning roughly 20,000 square feet of retail space, according to J.P. Guzzardo, vice president of development and manager of the build-to-suit department for Sembler.

The project could include a pharmacy such as Walgreen’s. Guzzardo said he could not reveal tenants until leases were signed.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2014, 8:37 PM

This one sounds more like a rumor but who knows? I assume they are talking about the property next to 400, near the new MARTA bridge?

Quote:
Regent Partners is eyeing the possibility of spec on a Buckhead tower it's calling Capital City Plaza II. Next to Parkway Properties' Capital City Plaza that recently landed the HQ for PulteGroup, it could exceed 500k SF, says Regent's David [Allman] (right, chatting with Parkway Properties' John Barton). When we asked if Regent was definitely going spec, David just responded, “We'll see.”

More...http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-rea...of-the-market/

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 5:34 PM

Georgia World Congress Center Authority’s proposed new high-end convention hotel

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...-proposed.html

Quote:
More details are emerging about the Georgia World Congress Center Authority’s proposed new high-end convention hotel.
The proposal calls for an 800- to 1,000-room high-rise, four-star hotel on Northside Drive, adjacent to the center’s Building C. The project would get underway following demolition of the Georgia Dome. Its estimated completion date is 2019.
The hotel is needed to not only meet rising demand, but it would also help Atlanta capture shows that might otherwise pass it by, according to a demand analysis study by PKF Hospitality Research LLC.
The study says construction of an 800-room hotel would induce an additional 116,000 trade show and convention attendees in a typical year for the GWCC. It would also increase GWCC revenues by $2.974 million annually.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
i posted this on another forum, but if this plan does not include a reconnection to vine city (which was torn apart from downtown with the construction of the GA dome, and is set to be even further torn apart with the rerouting of northside drive), it should be shot down from the get-go. it's totally unacceptable to not only keep, but actually *increase* the size of the 'mega block' that shuts off downtown from the west side of atlanta.

it would be no huge deal to run a street along the south side of that building, none at all. they could even put retail along the street. but no... we gotta keep the poor/black/drug-addicted/latino people away from our convention center.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 12:20 PM

Okay, are those 2 different renderings because they don't look the same to me or it just from the view it is.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
Okay, are those 2 different renderings because they don't look the same to me or it just from the view it is.
It's definitely weird. The shapes match so I think it's the same design but I can't wrap my head around how it actually "works." If this is real it'll be interesting to see more angles of it.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 6:30 PM

i appreciate that they took the time to render our ubiquitous high voltage power lines.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
i appreciate that they took the time to render our ubiquitous high voltage power lines.
haha... i thought that was what that was, too— but it's actually the "towers" in the international plaza:

and guys, why do we keep talking about those skyscrapers that are clearly going to be built in chicago??

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
and guys, why do we keep talking about those skyscrapers that are clearly going to be built in chicago??
Who's talking about skyscrapers in Chicago

Old Posted Apr 30, 2014, 5:41 PM

PCM Market Hall now under construction

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Who's talking about skyscrapers in Chicago
the big "A" shaped building that goes over a freeway that people are talking about above. it's a plan for chicago, not here.

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
the big "A" shaped building that goes over a freeway that people are talking about above. it's a plan for chicago, not here.
Umm, are you talking about this thread?

If so, that was just an example of an idea.

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 12:16 PM

Super skyscraper special on PBS tonite at 8

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred E Neuman View Post
Super skyscraper special on PBS tonite at 8
For ATLANTA?

Old Posted May 1, 2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
For ATLANTA?
Superscrapers from around the planet... Probably no Atl.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta