HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 8:35 AM
heavy user of walkability

the hotel at the airport is becoming ever more visible from the train

Old Posted Aug 8, 2018, 8:53 AM

went out to take a look at Masonic St's makeover again this last weekend. from looking at the project schematics, I think I had expected a larger impact on the sidewalk areas. still, though, I like how orderly the street feels. typical views...

not quite everything is done yet. think this will be a bus stop with more green bike lane painted behind it

approaching Geary at the north end of the project area, you can see not all the median pavers have gone in yet

bonus! new development in the Target parking lot

across from Target on the NW end of the project, there is a little 'left-over' area created by Masonic's jog to the east before it crosses Geary. that area has had some green and some pattern added to it. looking north

and back south

but, there are some garages attached to the houses along that stretch, so access has to be maintained. this is the car path, looking north

and south

bus stop in progress next to the plaza

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 8:21 AM

I was able to visit the Salesforce Transit Center a day before the grand opening. I made a quick video of it if anyone is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36hKteyxBSY

Video Link

(idk the code to enable youtube videos)

Last edited by gillynova; Aug 11, 2018 at 5:24 PM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 4:42 PM

Wow Masonic looks really good! Hopefully it will help "calm" traffic; I know I used to fly down that street back in the day when I lived at Central and Fulton!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2018, 6:24 AM

Dogpatch/NE Potrero Hill edition...

the Tennessee St gauntlet, beginning at its northern end at Mariposa

a block south (at 18th), the UCSF Psychiatry Center

looking over the fence

curious about the red crane in the background, quick detour angling a block southeast to Third St and 19th, and a peek over the fence of 2177 Third

and a glance down Third into Mission Bay

returning to our original route, 777 Tennessee (at 19th)

continuing south, 901 Tennessee (at 20th)

looking through demolished site of 950 Tennessee, with 901 in distance

there is no 21st St in Dogpatch, so making the next right, at 22nd, we find this at the end of the street, 1395 22nd

returning back north, the southernmost portion of the Avalon project at 22nd and Indiana has about wrapped up

and the Indiana side of the UCSF housing keeps rising

that just about gets us back to Mariposa, so if we turn left (west) walking over the train tracks and below the freeway, a few blocks later we run into 1601 Mariposa

the 18th St side

18th St end of the mid-block passage

looking north down Carolina, where we see a crane...

... for 1301 16th St, Alta Potrero Hill

with a peek down 16th at the site of Chase Center at the end of the street

and a glance at 75 Arkansas St a block down, whose looks remind one more than a bit of the little project where we started

(88 Arkansas across the street is still just a tidy excavation, same as at last check-in. this was the latest I could find about that one)

Last edited by timbad; Aug 13, 2018 at 6:40 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 2:08 AM

Walking tour of the Salesforce Transit Center for those who are interested. It's just me walking 1 whole lap + walking downstairs with a stabilized camera.

Video Link

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 5:29 PM

Most of this isn't new news but it's a nice summary:

Quote:
Five new towers could be built along one booming SF block
Roland Li Aug. 14, 2018 Updated: Aug. 14, 2018 12:36 p.m.

. . . The development wave is now spreading south. Five towers are approved or proposed on the 500 block of Howard Street, just a block from the newly opened Salesforce Transit Center. They would bring a density unheard of in the area until recent years.

The latest proposal, filed last week, calls for a 350-foot-tall building at 543 Howard St. and an adjacent parking lot at 48-50 Tehama St. The project would include 49,500 square feet of office space and six full-floor housing units, each around 5,000 square feet. An existing four-story office building that’s leased to Galvanize, a co-working space, would be preserved, with the tower stretching over it . . . .

The other four tower plans include:

•540 Howard St., a 44-story project with housing and offices proposed in May.

•The Renzo Piano-designed 555 Howard St. with condos and a hotel, already approved.

•A residential tower at 524 Howard St. approved in November 2016, but put on hold by developer Crescent Heights.

•And the largest of the batch, 542-550 Howard St., which would be the city’s fourth-tallest tower at 800 feet, with 170 housing units, a 210-room hotel and 251,000 square feet of office space; the plan is undergoing city reviews . . . .

Robbins proposed just under 50,000 square feet of office space at 543 Howard St. because of the city’s Proposition M, a 1986 law that limits the amount of office space approved each year. Projects below 50,000 square feet receive a square-foot allocation that’s separate from larger projects. There’s much less competition for smaller projects to receive approval, according to city data.

Robbins said his goal is to maximize the density of his proposed tower by adding housing on top, while still preserving the existing 1924 structure at 543 Howard St. . . . .

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business...photo-16012685

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Food truck bonanza proposed for old temporary Transbay Terminal
By Adam Brinklow Aug 16, 2018, 11:15am PDT

Parklab, the SF-based park development company behind events like SoMa’s StrEat Food fest, have big plans for the former temporary Transbay Terminal, including event space and scads of food trucks, to the annoyance of some neighbors in the nearby, ultra-swanky Infinity condos . . . .

On August 1, Parklab developer Seth Hamalian sent a letter to the San Francisco Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure that proposed turning the site into an events space, which would include fleets of food trucks slinging eats . . . .

Events may include: classes and workshops, food festivals, game days, movie nights, picnics, outdoor recreation, team-building events, exercise classes, birthday parties, family events, movie nights, pumpkin patch, art and craft events, and concerts.

. . . .
https://sf.curbed.com/2018/8/16/1770...rminal-parklab

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Aug 25, 2018 at 5:16 AM. Reason: Edited for anonymity

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 2:19 AM
Surrounded by Nature

We don’t need another “event space”, instead supporting the multi billion $ one we already have. Look at the photos gillynova posted in the transit center thread today as a good example of that.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 2:22 AM

^^The argument is if nothing is happening there is will become an eyesore, probably attracting homeless campers, car sleepers and the usual suspects. It could be used as a straightforward parking lot, of course. But to just leave it empty probably does invite trouble.

Naturally, I'd like to see the ultimate development--housing and park--move forward expeditiously.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2018, 9:27 PM

200 Van Ness - August 8, 2018

On August 8th only the walls of the two buildings being torn down were standing. This is the site of the new building (11 stories) for the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. It will house students, faculty & those rent control tenants displaced by the school. A cafe & performance spaces will be included.

url=https://flic.kr/p/2a9gRKj][/url]200 Van Ness Demolition - San Francisco

200 Van Ness Demolition - San Francisco

200 Van Ness Demolition - San Francisco

Old Posted Aug 18, 2018, 10:10 PM

1532 Harrison 08/18/2018 (tonight it will be 08/18/18 08:18 pm)

I was by today. This is an impressive site on a very big part of the block at Harrison & 12th. This site is across the street from the Eagle Bar. I like this one very much.

The bird's eye picture is from the Build Inc. web site. Here is the link to Build Inc. web page for more pictures. http://1532harrison.com/

1532 Harrison @ 12th Street

1532 Harrison @ 12th Street

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 7:47 AM

Jerry: I went by to see what was up at Trinity Plaza Phase 4 the other day but really couldn't see through the fence and into the hole. It looked pretty deep though. Since you have a much better view down into it, any chance for some shots?

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 4:12 PM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
Jerry: I went by to see what was up at Trinity Plaza Phase 4 the other day but really couldn't see through the fence and into the hole. It looked pretty deep though. Since you have a much better view down into it, any chance for some shots?
Please add them to the project’s thread though, not here. http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...129548&page=58

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 5:51 PM

thanks for the reminder about the Harrison project, Jerry!

as the Central SOMA Plan makes it way through getting its final approvals.... this is from last week, just showing progress (or, status) on the Fourth-and-Brannan station platform of the non-subway portion of the Central Subway

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 7:20 PM

what used to be the Three Cores, now three of the newcomers to the 'East Cut', um, 'neighborhood'?

(500 Folsom, 400 Folsom, and Park Tower. I guess you can also glimpse 100 Folsom tucked back there too)

Old Posted Aug 19, 2018, 8:53 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
thanks for the reminder about the Harrison project, Jerry!

as the Central SOMA Plan makes it way through getting its final approvals.... this is from last week, just showing progress (or, status) on the Fourth-and-Brannan station platform of the non-subway portion of the Central Subway

Skimmed through the Central SOMA Plan. It is great, and thankfully seems to pass soon here. Most pleased with the design integrity they have committed to new developments.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2018, 5:29 AM

another one I'd forgotten about... the gas station on the NE corner of 9th and Howard has been razed, in prep for this, I think. tho I hope the design has somehow been updated.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2018, 2:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
another one I'd forgotten about... the gas station on the NE corner of 9th and Howard has been razed, in prep for
I have been joking for some time that SoMa gas stations are becoming an endangered species.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfishhead View Post
I have been joking for some time that SoMa gas stations are becoming an endangered species.
It's no joke. I am wondering whether the Planning Dept. will let them all go forcing city residents to waste gas driving to the suburbs to fill up or, short of that, siot in environmentally unfriendly gas lines at the few remaining stations.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations