HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 6:49 PM

Fantastic to see another mixed-use development moving forward at Vine / Willoughby in Hollywood (site of the former carwash):

https://urbanize.la/post/mixed-use-d...ed-vine-street

I think it's realistic to assume that Vine Street will have an uninterrupted street wall from Melrose to Yucca in the future (with a few hold outs) if the apartment transformation of Hollywood continues.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2018, 7:46 PM

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1010...7i16384!8i8192

Eastown 2 in Hollywood is making a impact here.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2018, 12:35 AM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA21st View Post
I thought I read somewhere Wilshire/La Jolla tower was u/c now?

Somewhat unrelated, bu there's decent amout of new housing going up around Van Nuys/Sherman Way on different projects.
I passed by there and it does look like something is going on, though I couldn’t tell if any actual construction had begun.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 2:58 AM

Has there been any news lately on the redevelopment of the Warner Pacific Theater on Hollywood Blvd?

What a diamond in the rough it is! It would go such a long way to reactivating that stretch of Hollywood Blvd if it were restored to its former glory and the street side given some TLC.

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 10:06 PM

City of Pasadena Planning Commission will today review changes requested by the project applicant of the two parcel Colorado/Hill hotel development near PCC regarding setbacks and building height.

http://www.pasadenanow.com/main/plan...dable-housing/

*Send PM for updates/edits/corrections*

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 6:47 PM

This would be something to see, posted yesterday on Curbed:

35-story tower at the Shoreline Gateway project is due to break ground in 60 days, earning the title of Long Beach’s tallest building, says Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia. But the high-rise won’t hold that title for long.

Garcia unveiled on Tuesday plans for a new development in the city’s downtown that would include a 40-story tower—tall enough to unseat the Shoreline Gateway as the city’s highest, when complete.

https://la.curbed.com/2018/8/29/1779...wer-40-stories

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 7:06 PM

Thumbs up

^^^ Well I'll be damned

Old Posted Sep 1, 2018, 7:59 PM

The area around La Brea and Willoughby is going through quite the transformation with new residences and office buildings. I love this area.

CIM's 8 story Sirius XM building under construction on left along with upgrade to existing buildings for creative office/industrial. On Right behind green fencing is the torn up lot of CIM's recently broke ground new 8 story 926 Sycamore office building

The never occupied addition to the decades abandoned industrial building at La Brea on border with Weho. I feel this time it will finally be occupied when this last redo is complete. Further in picture is the 7 story CIM apartment building on the former Mole Richardson art deco building

The 3rd iteration of the abandoned industrial building on La Brea. Does CIM own this piece now???

All of this La Brea activity makes me want a rail line up and down La Brea!!!!

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 4:42 PM

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 6:14 PM
Inveterate Angeleno

^ I like that pedestrian-exclusive paseo. It will provide for better pedestrian circulation and reduce noise for those residences facing the tracks.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2018, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
^ I like that pedestrian-exclusive paseo. It will provide for better pedestrian circulation and reduce noise for those residences facing the tracks.
Should greatly improve circulation from and access to the station too

The problem is there is not much from the Pico side other than the self storage eye sore and homeless encampment under 405. Not much chance of improvement until the self storage building is redeveloped.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 4:01 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ The other side of Pico (north side) has some retail to walk to - the standard LA, auto-oriented variety - that is ripe for redevelopment, but still worth walking to in the near term. My only hope is that The Wine House is not caught up in the redevelopment of the area. That's one of my favorite wine/booze stores in all of LA. Which is important.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 5:15 PM

Good progress at the Century Plaza site, looks like the second tower foundation is poured and they are almost at street level on the first tower-

https://twitter.com/WebcorBuilders

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 6:26 PM

^ Nice. These are going to have a big impact on the skyline of CC when viewed from the W to SW. Now we just need a developer to pull the trigger on the empty lot smack dab in the middle of CC... that space is even more valuable now with the subway extension coming. It really should be a showpiece architecturally in that spot.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:15 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ That is currently in the works. Two Johnson-Fain-designed residential towers. Permits have been applied to build the first tower already.

https://urbanize.la/post/high-rise-c...d-century-city
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:23 PM
Ascension

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:25 PM

^ That video is incredible. I've seen it before, and anyone who's remotely a fan of LA history should absolutely watch it.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 3:35 PM
Ascension

I have a great fondness for Century City. It's never going to be 'urban' in the traditional sense. But I appreciate it for what it is: a mid 20th experiment on modernism. Century City is woefully underappreciated. Also once the Century hotel towers are finished, Century City will have a uniquely symmetrical cluster of buildings. The Century Plaza Hotel and 2000 Ave of the Stars mirror each other in terms of scale and size, and the towers will mirror the Century Plaza Towers across the street. Interesting stuff.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJXN View Post
I have a great fondness for Century City. It's never going to be 'urban' in the traditional sense. But I appreciate it for what it is: a mid 20th experiment on modernism. Century City is woefully underappreciated. Also once the Century hotel towers are finished, Century City will have a uniquely symmetrical cluster of buildings. The Century Plaza Hotel and 2000 Ave of the Stars mirror each other in terms of scale and size, and the towers will mirror the Century Plaza Towers across the street. Interesting stuff.
Exactly... it will be a nice symmetry.

Also keep in mind the empty lot on the northeast corner is also slated for a twin towers treatment. So we may eventually have 3 sets of twins at intersection of Constellation and Avenue of the Stars.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 12:35 AM
REAL Kiwi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
^ That video is incredible. I've seen it before, and anyone who's remotely a fan of LA history should absolutely watch it.
Very cool...I really enjoy LA history. My in laws grew up in Pasadena and talk about what it was like back in the street care era.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations