HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
AQ Rittenhouse update from Naked Philly

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...hestnut-street
yeah its looked like that for a while now. I think those beams have been there 2 weeks or more.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 9:17 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

7/22/14

Sugarhouse Expansion-related

East Laurel St. looking west from Frankford Ave

East Laurel St. looking east from Front

Front and Ellen St looking east. There seem to be new foundations next to the billboard

New Market and West Laurel

Front and Fairmount

Future home of One Water Street

Front and Quarry St

Front and Church

American Revolution Center

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post
Various photos.
It's crazy how many random homes are being built around Front Street in that miscellaneous part of Northern Liberties. Those green-wrapped homes, you see those on the El between Spring Garden and Girard. That's some healthy infill.

And speaking of Old City, I saw this the other day walking to the Harbor Park. Seems like it's this lot at the corner of Hancock and Walnut.

Also about old city! Anyone know how long the buildings going up on the lot in front of the red building here been under construction? I see them from the El and PATCO, and they seem like they've been going up forever.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
yeah its looked like that for a while now. I think those beams have been there 2 weeks or more.
Can AQ Rittenhouse get its own thread? It's predicted to be 12 floors which I believe to be the minimum number.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 5:33 PM

Maybe the answer is already on here somewhere else, but does anyone know why City Hall doesn't show up on the Philadelphia skyscraper diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=326)?

It's on the timeline diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...hname=timeline), so clearly the problem isn't that nobody's ever drawn it, but for some reason it's missing from the general diagram, even though it's the ninth tallest building in the city (for now anyway... it'll be 11th after CITC and FMC are done).

I feel like I can't have been the first one to notice this, so maybe there's a reason, it just seems weird that it's missing, especially since it was Philly's de facto height limit for such a long time.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 5:51 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopoqod View Post

It's on the timeline diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...hname=timeline), so clearly the problem isn't that nobody's ever drawn it, but for some reason it's missing from the general diagram, even though it's the ninth tallest building in the city (for now anyway... it'll be 11th after CITC and FMC are done)
And will be bumped down to 13th once SLS and W are done

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 7:52 PM

PS. Thanks for the awesome waterfront updates Aaamazarite! Wow the waterfront is booming. It's really gonna be a great place in a couple of years if this pace continues.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
PS. Thanks for the awesome waterfront updates Aaamazarite! Wow the waterfront is booming. It's really gonna be a great place in a couple of years if this pace continues.
The waterfronts of BOTH rivers.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 3:02 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Found a rendering of PREIT's planned rehab of the beat-up old building at the nw corner of 15th/Walnut

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Could a Huge Catering Facility Be Coming to The Met?
Thursday, July 24, 2014, by James Jennings

There are some interesting developments going on at the Metropolitan Opera House on North Broad Street. You know it simply as The Met. Chris Cordaro of EB Realty Management Corporation tells us that they are currently in negotiations to convert the lower level of the building into a large catering facility. "We're in discussions now about the size," said Cordaro when contacted by phone. Although nothing is solid quite yet, he noted that it could be up to 20,000 square feet in size. EB Realty — you know, Eric Blumenfeld's company — owns the property along with Holy Ghost Headquarters Church. Cordaro also mentioned that Holy Ghost, led by Reverend Mark A. Hatcher, will also have a separate space for services. What's more, Cordaro explained that they're looking to add a bakery, a restaurant, some office space and a grand banquet area in addition to the planned event space, which is still being developed.

Remember how we brought you the news they were busy blasting the graffiti off of The Divine Lorraine? Well, it looks like The Met has gotten a scrub down on the Broad Street and Poplar Street sides of the building, both had large tags as recently as October of last year. Cordaro mentioned there is no set timeline for the project but they were "very pleased" with the renderings supplied by Stokes Architecture.
Full article, with working links and stuff: http://philly.curbed.com/archives/20...to-the-met.php

Holy Ghost is also, in fact, a decent indie band.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 10:14 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Some Chestnut East progress posted on Philadelphia Speaks

Old Posted Today, 10:33 AM

Dilworth Plaza update

[/IMG][IMG]IMG_0835 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0844 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0841 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0843 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]IMG_0836 by TallCoolOne2014, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Today, 1:11 PM

Wow, Dilworth Plaza is starting to look really nice! Thanks for posting these!

Old Posted Today, 4:10 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Originally Posted by bopoqod View Post
Maybe the answer is already on here somewhere else, but does anyone know why City Hall doesn't show up on the Philadelphia skyscraper diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=326)?

It's on the timeline diagram (http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?...hname=timeline), so clearly the problem isn't that nobody's ever drawn it, but for some reason it's missing from the general diagram, even though it's the ninth tallest building in the city (for now anyway... it'll be 11th after CITC and FMC are done).

I feel like I can't have been the first one to notice this, so maybe there's a reason, it just seems weird that it's missing, especially since it was Philly's de facto height limit for such a long time.
I've noticed this too and it drives me nuts. A few years back it was there, and the diagram was great. IDK who did the diagram, or why it's not listed any longer. Maybe it was accidentally erased, or the website db was updated and broke the query that would pull it up?

I wish I knew. One thing is for certain that I personally, am not talented enough to make a new one. I wish I was, because I'd bang out a ton of diagrams if I could.

Old Posted Today, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoluble View Post
Wow, Dilworth Plaza is starting to look really nice! Thanks for posting these!
No problem, I'm waiting for the grassy areas to go in - to bring some color to the area --green! The new trees are nice. The grass will do it. But I imagine grass is the last thing to be added.

Old Posted Today, 4:46 PM

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development