HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Sep 4, 2013, 9:22 PM
Community Guy

Green Drinks - 1st Wed of every month

(http://www.thelocalgood.ca/wp-conten...een-drinks.jpg)

Green Drinks Edmonton is is a simple, unstructured event that brings together environmentally-minded Edmontonians in a relaxed, agenda-free evening of networking and great conversation.
Whether you work in the environmental field or are just breaking in, it’s a chance to mingle with a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia, government and business, share information and make friends. Although Green Drinks Edmonton is an organic, casual event, many people have found employment, developed new ideas, made business connections, and had moments of serendipity!

http://www.thelocalgood.ca

Greetings,

Tickets are now on sale for our season launch of Green Drinks!

This month it's all about the upcoming Edmonton municipal election.

Meet the candidates. Learn about exciting election initiatives. Meet people in your ward. Play our election drinking game!

When: October 2nd, 7pm
Where: Yellowhead Brewery
Cost: $10 in advance. $15 at the door.
To Discuss: #greendrinksyeg

Tickets here:

http://greendrinksyegvote.eventbrite...m_medium=email

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:00 AM

Talk about drinking the Kool-aid.

<ba-dum.... tishhhhh>

Old Posted Sep 5, 2013, 4:05 AM
Community Guy

Don't knock it till you drank it

Old Posted Sep 27, 2013, 4:29 PM
Community Guy

Only a few days away, hope to see a bunch of you ward 6'ers there.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2013, 9:53 PM
Community Guy

Reminder!

Old Posted Nov 4, 2013, 5:07 PM
Community Guy

GET TIX: https://greendrinksnotinyeg.eventbrite.ca/

Edmonton is a pretty fantastic city. World class, you might say.

But, maybe there's something missing?

Green Drinks: #NotInYEG is all about the great ideas, exciting intiatives, wild projects that exist elsewhere but are not in Edmonton . . . yet.

Don't worry, we're not sending anyone away with homework. This evening is all about connecting with the community, allowing these ideas to be hashed out, to be shared. Let's talk about the Edmonton we want to see.

Have you seen something in other cities that you wish we had here?
Have you had an idea for years of something Edmonton really needs?
Looking to get involved locally but haven't found a project that really grabs you?

You'll walk away feeling inspired and maybe, you'll want to make something.

Tickets: $10 in advance. $15 at the door.

Join the conversation: #GreenDrinksYEG #notinyeg

http://www.thelocalgood.ca/whats-mis...-drinks-event/

Old Posted Feb 3, 2014, 3:24 PM
Community Guy

2. This month's theme is Alternative Energy and Sustainable Housing. Learn about practical, realistic options for making your home or business more sustainable (and learn why it's something you want to do!)

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dr...rnative+Energy

Old Posted Feb 26, 2014, 9:37 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted May 6, 2014, 8:56 PM
Community Guy

REMINDER - This is tomorrow!

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dri...ts-11187420877

Green Drinks: Good Business 

On May 7th, we'll be exploring the role that 'good businesses' can have in making Edmonton a more sustainable and vibrant place to live and work.

You'll get to meet and connect with some of Edmonton's leading figures & thinkers in 'good business' in town and learn what strange and interesting items you didn't realize you could find from a local business. Each attendee will receive a Unique YEG Shopping List to complete to meet local business, interact with new connections and learn more about what local business can over and how you can support local!

Old Posted May 8, 2014, 1:21 AM

Wish I saw this sooner! Energy efficiency happens to be a huge part of my career experience.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 2:58 PM
Community Guy

http://greendrinksyeg.com/

Upcoming Green Drinks events:

October 1st, 2014 – Green Jobs.

Tickets

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dr...ets-9378570557

FB event

https://www.facebook.com/events/269171736606860/

Old Posted Oct 14, 2014, 2:17 PM
Community Guy

Green Drinks: Campus Meets Community
The Local Good
Wednesday, 22 October 2014 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (MDT)
Dewey's (North Powerplant - just NW of LRT station)
Edmonton, AB

FREE Tickets

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dr...ts-13470293009

FB

https://www.facebook.com/events/931529730210487/

Green Drinks Edmonton is a simple, unstructured event that brings together environmentally-minded Edmontonians in a relaxed, agenda-free evening of networking and great conversation. Hosted by the Local Good and Sustain SU, and sponsored by the Office of Sustainability, the SAW2014 edition of Green Drinks is all about Campus Meets Community!

Whether you are studying in an environmental field, or are just interested in sustainability, Green Drinks is a chance to mingle with a lively mixture of people from NGOs, academia, government and business, share information, make friends, and find mentors and collaborators. Although Green Drinks Edmonton is an organic, casual event, many people have found employment, developed new ideas, made business connections, and had moments of serendipity! Bring your friends and ideas – everyone is welcome!

Cheers

Ian

Old Posted Jan 20, 2015, 7:32 PM
Community Guy

REMINDER:

http://www.thelocalgood.ca/green-drinks-edmonton/

Upcoming Green Drinks events:

February 4, 2015, 7pm @ yellowhead- Local Resilience.

tickets

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dr...ts-15013483734

FB event

https://www.facebook.com/events/547752352025469/

Old Posted Feb 18, 2015, 10:22 PM
Community Guy

When: Wed. March 4, 7-10 pm
Where: Yellowhead Brewery, 10229 105 St. NW, Edmonton
Cost: $10 in advance, $15 at the door.
Tickets: eventbrite.ca

By far our most popular Green Drinks theme: Local Food.
This year we take this to the root of the topic; Gardening!

It doesn't get much more local. Join us to discuss how to localize your food at the core level; in your home. From seeds to permaculture to community gardens, this night is your chance to meet some amazing folks with a passion for dirt and green thumbs!

Green Drinks Edmonton is is a simple monthly event that brings together environmentally-minded Edmontonians in a relaxed, agenda-free evening of networking and great conversation.

Get your tickets fast! This one will sell out!

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dri...ts-15704455449

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 4:15 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Mar 11, 2015, 7:02 PM
Community Guy

Hello Friends,

The Local Good invites you to attend the next Green Drinks event: Greening Your Closet, on Wednesday, April 1 at Yellowhead Brewery from 7 to 10 pm!

With spring around the corner; we thought we would lend a helping hand to truly get that closet in shape! We'll be diving into how to green your clothing, minimize stuff and maximize your enjoyment, and choose products that a better for you and the environment. Plus, you get to do this over drinks, with Edmonton's finest. Join us at this exciting spring Green Drinks and discover how to take spring cleaning to the next (and much more sustainable) level!

When: Wed. April 1, 7-10 pm

Where: Yellowhead Brewery, 10229 105 St. NW, Edmonton

Cost: $10 in advance, $15 at the door.

Tickets: eventbrite.ca

Green Drinks Edmonton is is a simple monthly event that brings together environmentally-minded Edmontonians in a relaxed, agenda-free evening of networking and great conversation.

Tickets here:

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dri...m_medium=email

Old Posted May 4, 2015, 4:36 PM
Community Guy

7 Reasons not to miss Green Drinks: Hidden Gems - May 6 - 7pm - Yellowhead Brewery

1. Not one, but TWO incredibly passionate individuals share their journey into the heart of Edmonton

Shayne Woodsmith and Gillian Thomson have found Edmonton to hold many unique people and places; they host Faces of Edmonton and The Noteworthy, respectively! Our two speakers have been exploring Edmonton through interviews, discovering beautiful stories and intriguing hidden gems. Join us to hear them share their stories and our stories.

2. Discover a secret and not-so-secret garden!

Hopefully you have made the trek to see the University of Alberta's Devonian Garden which boasts a stunning 240-acre cultivated garden, plant collections, indoor showhouses, and extensive nature trail system. But, have you heard of the Secret Garden in #yeg?

3. Above and beyond our attending guests; other local businesses have donated door prizes
Extra goodies from Mother Earth Essentials (lotion), Knifewear (two tickets to a knife class) & Red Sparrow Gallery ($100 off a $350+ custom piece). Every time, the team at The Local Good "complains" about how we can't enter in for the door prizes, but this one really hurts. You're welcome, friends!

4. Curious about some of #yeg's inventions?

Look no further! Due to an assignment at the University of Alberta and a clever idea; Rhynopack was born. Need we say more?

5. Go Green this summer; EBC's got your back

There is a community for everyone in our fair city; the Edmonton Bicycle Commuters and our beautiful bicycle community goes over and above! Check them out for a handy space for a tune up, a biking buddy or a whole tour, or a refurbished bike.

6. Surprise! Local Shopping when you least expect it

Edmonton is bursting with creative entrepreneurs and On the Spot Pop Up brings them front and centre. The folks at OtSPU's know the most niche location and the best artisans. Plus, they're bringing a local product goodie bag, so you might walk out of the Yellowhead with some hidden gems.

7. Bored? Perhaps you actually need a board. . .

Table Top Cafe boasts an extensive collection of board games to be enjoyed. An excellent twist to the classic coffee shop; bring a friend or discover one over Risk! They've recently celebrated one year, and with over 400 board games to play, they're playing the long game. You may also start your own board game collection as TTC will bringing Camel Up to give away.

This is our last Green Drinks of the 2014-2015 season, so please come say hello on Wednesday, May 6, before we take a break for the summer. Save money and time and pick up your tickets now on Eventbrite. Then, we'll send you off with great ideas and intriguing locations to spend your summer exploring Edmonton's Hidden Gems.

http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dri...3A+Hidden+Gems

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 8:04 PM
Community Guy

Hello Friends,

Welcome to the New Year! We have exciting plans in store for 2016...

To start, the next Green Drinks event will be on Wednesday, February 3, from 7-10 pm at the Yellowhead Brewery, and the theme will be Winter in YEG!

Continuing the winter theme, we will be kicking off our new #28DaysofYEG campaign in February.

Lastly, for those of you excited about this year's Resilience Festival, we have booked the dates for April 29 to May 1!

And this is only what we have for the first quarter of the year! Whew! Stay in touch for more details to come.

Locally yours,

Ally and The Local Good Team

Tickets

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dr...ts-20444160033

Old Posted Feb 1, 2016, 2:47 PM
Community Guy

Reminder

Old Posted Feb 17, 2016, 7:49 PM
Community Guy

The Local Good welcomes back our spring staple, Green Drinks: Local Food. We've invited friends new and old to the local food scene - you can expect to meet locavores, gardeners, permaculture enthusiasts, cooks, and eaters of all kinds! Our guests are sure to share the tips and tricks to spice up your plate, yard and community. Learn how you may put more local food on your plate this year at Green Drinks - but get your tickets fast as this event will sell out.
UPDATE: FEATURED GUESTS
- The youngest member of the Edmonton Food Council and founder of The Alder Food Security Society, Carley-Jane Stanton is a strong advocate of equitable food systems and believes that by reclaiming our identity as citizens with strength beyond purchasing power, we can revolutionize our food system.
- Kathryn Joel founded Get Cooking in 2011, initially teaching classes from her home kitchen in Riverbend in SW Edmonton. Her belief is that with some basic cooking skills and a good local knowledge of where to source the right ingredients, anyone can bring flavours from around the world into their own kitchens.
- Stephanie Spafford is the president of Sustainable Food Edmonton. As a die hard foodie, gardener, and active community member, Stephanie hopes to bring people closer to their food and their communities.
- Janelle Herbert has lived on Riverbend Gardens land for almost all of her life. The farm is still home to her parents and grandparents and now, her three children. After spending a few years in the city with her husband they moved back to the farm in 2006 to work the land and haven’t looked back.
- Corbin Bouree has worked with SPUD Edmonton for the past five years. With an education in finance and experience in growing an entrepreneurial business and finding new ways to expand local food distribution channels, he is also working with Sustainable Food Edmonton on raising awareness and availability of urban agriculture.
- Kathryn Lennon and Dustin Bajer will be sharing what 2016 holds for the Edmonton Food Council and fresh: Edmonton's Food and Agriculture Strategy.
- Mack Male is a co-founder of What the Truck?!, a celebration of food trucks and food truck culture in Edmonton. With creative chefs, tasty food, vibrant, accessible and pedestrian-friendly events, What the Truck?! is helping to make Edmonton even more awesome.
- Reclaim Urban Farm is a multi-locational urban microfarm located near Whyte Avenue that reclaims back and front yards, empty lots, and gardens in surrounding neighbourhoods, repurposing them to grow food. Recently they started a "vertical garden" in a warehouse to provide fresh local produce year-round. The founders, Ryan Mason and Cathryn Sprague, will be joining us on March 2nd!
WHEN
Wednesday, 2 March 2016 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM (MST) - Add to Calendar
WHERE
Yellowhead Brewery - 10229 105 Street Northwest Edmonton, AB T5J CA - View Map

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/green-dr...ts-21360786688

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton