HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics

View Poll Results: Should the B.C. government explore amalgamating Metro Vancouver's municipalities?
Yes 82 71.30%
No 33 28.70%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 7:34 PM
See ya down under, mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-paladin View Post
I'm not sure about West Van, but the two North Vans really should be able to work it out.
I'd argue the District and West Van have more in common with each other than the District and City. Upper Capilano and Upper Lynn Valley are pretty much indistinguishable from the British Properties at this point. Deep Cove is more like West Van than Lonsdale too. It's more of a upper/lower slope demographics split than east/west.

But of course WVers don't want to be associated with "those types" who have houses valued at under $2,000,000.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2014, 7:43 PM
A hole being Doug

I don't see a city council voting to halve their numbers.

Reducing overhead is the primary gain from amalgamation, and if that is not prominently on the table then everyone will just focus on what they might lose.

FWIW, Ottawa and Toronto had recent mega amalgamations that hasn't delivered anything yet. Vancouver has had at least one set of amalgamations in the past, I think soon after world war 2.

The best thing would be cooperating today without any formalities and threats attached to it. There is nothing but ego to stop it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Politics