HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 5:37 PM

^Rodin Museum

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsule F View Post
I see nothing wrong with lamenting the trashy stores on Chestnut. I don't think that makes anyone pretentious.

I can acknowledge their right to be there while still lamenting them. Retail as a whole is in a very precarious place. I am somewhat worried about the future of retail climates in cities. Best case scenario is a reversion back to mom and pop, because retail landlords won't have any high paying anchors remaining.

I feel like its going to get a lot worse before it gets better (brick & mortar retail), for all parts of the country.
Thanks. Although the main thrust of my post was that block's numerous vacancies, I don't really either. Some people here just want to be angry and attack people for being "bougie." I don't have any interest in going round the merry-go-round on that ad nauseum on these boards. Life's too short.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
^Rodin Museum
Thats the one. Thank you!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsule F View Post
I see nothing wrong with lamenting the trashy stores on Chestnut. I don't think that makes anyone pretentious.

I can acknowledge their right to be there while still lamenting them. Retail as a whole is in a very precarious place. I am somewhat worried about the future of retail climates in cities. Best case scenario is a reversion back to mom and pop, because retail landlords won't have any high paying anchors remaining.

I feel like its going to get a lot worse before it gets better (brick & mortar retail), for all parts of the country.
Lamenting what exactly though? What are you lamenting? I've walked down Chestnut plenty of times and never noticed the 1500 block being worse than the 1600 block or the 1700 block, and so on. Maybe I am just not paying attention to something that you are (for example, the vacancies). But if it is just the people that shop there that you are lamenting, then I just don't get it. I really hope we can preserve Center City as a retail destination for all types and classes of people. I started this debate (one I previously have had on here with 1487 and others) and that's my entire comment.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 9:05 PM
Fishtown & Country

From 7/22
Girard and Palmer Sts in Fishtown

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 12:16 AM

nvm

Last edited by Urbanthusiat; Jul 26, 2019 at 12:33 AM.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 3:11 AM

Checking what remains of the webcams on the Fashion District rebuild, and it seems they have been removing the remains of the old Gallery sign at 10th st this week.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 3:37 AM
build awesome buildings

haven’t seen it mentioned here, but there is seemingly something going on at the festival pier site. lots of trucks/equipment and it appears some prep work may have started. i didn’t get a great view as i was driving by, but something definitely seems to be afoot.

anyone want to talk retail?!

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
haven’t seen it mentioned here, but there is seemingly something going on at the festival pier site. lots of trucks/equipment and it appears some prep work may have started. i didn’t get a great view as i was driving by, but something definitely seems to be afoot.

anyone want to talk retail?!
I have seen it too for about a month. Looks like they are putting some barriers in place to prevent debris from floating down the river. They pulled a demo permit in January, but I haven't seen anything new constructions permits issued to date.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 4:50 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

New Stuff:

6036 Market: 13 units

3450 J St: Conversion to 39 units

6649 Ridge: 4 stories, 79 units

1338 N 15th: 4 stories, 16 units

2421 Mascher: 18 units

525 N 41st: 30 units

817 N 3rd: 6 stories, 48 units

4050 Ludlow: 6 stories, 37 units

Going to the ZBA soon:

1501 N 33rd 17 units

3528 Mount Vernon 18 units

178 W Huntingdon 57 units

2922 Dickinson conversion to 20 units

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 6:09 PM

I drove up Ridge Ave for the first time in months recently and there is quite a bit of activity just north of manayunk, townhome developments and multifamily. Its pretty crazy to see so much new stuff going up in that area.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Checking what remains of the webcams on the Fashion District rebuild, and it seems they have been removing the remains of the old Gallery sign at 10th st this week.
They have A LOT left to do in 54 days. I'm assuming they're focusing on interior work now but the exterior hasn't progressed in a few months. No store signage, no lighted billboards, nothing has been painted. We'll see...

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
They have A LOT left to do in 54 days. I'm assuming they're focusing on interior work now but the exterior hasn't progressed in a few months. No store signage, no lighted billboards, nothing has been painted. We'll see...
I walked past there last week and had similar thoughts. Surprised none of the signs are up yet. I saw some folks working on the project doing some kind of walk-through reviewing the landscaping near the curb.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeza View Post
I walked past there last week and had similar thoughts. Surprised none of the signs are up yet. I saw some folks working on the project doing some kind of walk-through reviewing the landscaping near the curb.
The Ulta space looks fairly close. That's about the only space I've been able to peek in (I walk past there everyday). But, yes, I don't think there is a chance in hell they get the outside of that place done. There is WAY too much to do. And seemingly, areas that have been done for months have had NO activity whatsoever (the 11th street entrance, 12th street entrance etc).

I say they push it back.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 3:52 PM

Also, the opening date doesn’t mean that it will be finished. It just means that you get to go inside.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
Also, the opening date doesn’t mean that it will be finished. It just means that you get to go inside.
Good point. According to an article a few months back, it sounds like AMC and Round One will be opening in November. A philly.com article around the same time says about 65% of the tenants will be open Sept. 19th.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the long run - as we've been waiting on this thing for well over 10 years now - but it's a little bit of a bummer to have a kind of half-assed grand opening where, fair or unfair, a lot of people will make up their minds one way or another about this project.

https://philly.curbed.com/2019/5/8/1...shion-district

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
Good point. According to an article a few months back, it sounds like AMC and Round One will be opening in November. A philly.com article around the same time says about 65% of the tenants will be open Sept. 19th.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the long run - as we've been waiting on this thing for well over 10 years now - but it's a little bit of a bummer to have a kind of half-assed grand opening where, fair or unfair, a lot of people will make up their minds one way or another about this project.

https://philly.curbed.com/2019/5/8/1...shion-district
I would hope the exterior signage is 100% at the grand opening- the digital signs are a major component of what we are expecting to see on the bland exterior.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 5:51 PM

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 6:04 PM

Fashion District Stores: PREIT Announces Latest Tenants Ahead of September Opening

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2019/...-philadelphia/

Seems like standard mall fare to me

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 6:21 PM

^ Yawn. Might as well still call it the Gallery. City Winery is about the only attraction for me. La Madeleine is a nice chain. I think this would be their first outpost in these parts.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development