HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Aug 29, 2015, 6:23 PM

I wish I knew how to post pictures. There was two fish caught in northern Alberta that shared the same head!! Simpsons kinda stuff but in real life!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 4:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawagord View Post
Another addition to BC's pristine marine environment.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/met...264/story.html

A barge carrying wrecked cars tipped into the Gorge waterway near Jutland Road this afternoon, spilling around one hundred vehicles into the water.

Karri Rolofs was riding her bike over the Selkirk trestle when she saw the barge start to tip. As she surveyed the aftermath, Rolofs was worried about the oil contaminating the waterway.

“You can see the boom isn't containing it,” she said. “The oil is seeping into the rest of the harbour and there's lots of seals in the waterway.”

The smell of oil is thick in the air.
You clearly d not know how they recycle cars.

First, all plastics, fabrics and other non metals are removed.
Then, the engine, transmission and other large heavy components are removed.
Then the gas tanks are removed.
Then the car is crushed.

Nothing on those crushed cars contains oil or petroleum products.

What little may exist is no worse than the oil dripping from vehicles going over the Blue Bridge. It is akin to throwing a pop can into the Gorge.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
"BC's pristine marine environment"? You mean the pristine one that Victoria dumps raw sewage into?
No, that area is called BC's pisstine environment.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 5:22 PM

Hey let's talk about the new Sync rude explosion in Alberta. And did that pipeline spill get cleaned up yet??

Old Posted Aug 30, 2015, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer_spe View Post
You clearly d not know how they recycle cars.

First, all plastics, fabrics and other non metals are removed.
Then, the engine, transmission and other large heavy components are removed.
Then the gas tanks are removed.
Then the car is crushed.

Nothing on those crushed cars contains oil or petroleum products.

What little may exist is no worse than the oil dripping from vehicles going over the Blue Bridge. It is akin to throwing a pop can into the Gorge.
Apparently it did not occur to you that this is an eye witness quote from the article and not my comment. Or that the oil may have been from the barge? Good to know that 100 cars ~ 1 pop can in BC!

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 2:31 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Apparently it did not occur to you that this is an eye witness quote from the article and not my comment. Or that the oil may have been from the barge? Good to know that 100 cars ~ 1 pop can in BC!
My point was really that those cars are not that harmful. Now, the fact that they have gone into the silt, where all the past pollution lingers is a bigger problem.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 2:48 AM

Location: Another great post taking place from the best place on earth!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacier View Post
No, that area is called BC's pisstine environment.
Wow you sound like SSI guy. I do recall a time on another site that you actually liked British Columbia? Since you are from Ontario like SSI guy but from Kitchener-Waterloo instead of London where he is from. I think it might be a good idea to show you some pictures of the pristine okanagan valley but I am certain you have more than me to show?
I certainly do not agree with the Victoria area dumping raw sewage into the Pacific Ocean. However, it is not worse than the pollution in the great lakes! Nor does it compare to Alberta's environmental experiments?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetmountainland View Post
Wow you sound like SSI guy. I do recall a time on another site that you actually liked British Columbia? Since you are from Ontario like SSI guy but from Kitchener-Waterloo instead of London where he is from. I think it might be a good idea to show you some pictures of the pristine okanagan valley but I am certain you have more than me to show?
I certainly do not agree with the Victoria area dumping raw sewage into the Pacific Ocean. However, it is not worse than the pollution in the great lakes! Nor does it compare to Alberta's environmental experiments?
Victoria still dumps sewage into the ocean. Halifax stopped a few years ago.

The cities and towns along the Great Lakes haven't done so for well over 2 decades.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Since you are the thread starter of this thread B.C. pristine environment thread I was expecting some images.

I know that many on this site like Klazu are very good at showing great images of B.C. perhaps if you ask him he will be able to show you some great environmentally friendly images of British Columbia!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Victoria still dumps sewage into the ocean. Halifax stopped a few years ago.

The cities and towns along the Great Lakes haven't done so for well over 2 decades.
I was indicating that the Pacific ocean is quite huge! As bad an environmental problem it is not as bad as both the Great lakes and Alberta's environmental history. I was not agreeing with it but it is far less a problem then some areas!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I was indicating that the Pacific ocean is quite huge! As bad an environmental problem it is not as bad as both the Great lakes and Alberta's environmental history. I was not agreeing with it but it is far less a problem then some areas!
And that sadly is the problem in BC The do not see the damage they are doing . Either it is hidden by the ocean, or by the mountains.

It was a sad sight to see that they still clear cut. I even had pictures to prove it.
Just go north of Jordan River and you will see a sad sight. Miles, after miles of no trees.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 4:05 AM

Quote:
And that sadly is the problem in BC The do not see the damage they are doing . Either it is hidden by the ocean, or by the mountains.

It was a sad sight to see that they still clear cut. I even had pictures to prove it.
Just go north of Jordan River and you will see a sad sight. Miles, after miles of no trees.
Well prove it do not tell me you have pictures to prove it! One thing more usless than a nuns tit is someone whom says something without proof! I have friends that logged as well as heli logged I know almost every area of the province. But I also know the big picture! We have an economy we have natural resources, we have faults but no worse than any other place or jurisdiction. What is your point on this thread?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 4:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Well prove it do not tell me you have pictures to prove it! One thing more usless than a nuns tit is someone whom says something without proof! I have friends that logged as well as heli logged I know almost every area of the province. But I also know the big picture! We have an economy we have natural resources, we have faults but no worse than any other place or jurisdiction. What is your point on this thread?
https://www.facebook.com/micheal.art...4255286&type=3

There is the link to my pictures I put of Facebook.

Being a resource province is not a excuse for the destruction.

I currently live in Sudbury, and 20 years ago, this place look like the moon. Now it looks better. They have begun to clean up the mess that they created.

In northern ON, they log. They log like there is no tomorrow. But, they are logging on crown land. Land that is crowned by the government. The government does not allow them to just clear the forest. They must do chunks.

BC destroyed their land a long time ago. Now if they would only start healing it.
Build sewage plants.
Restrict logging operations
Require stronger mining laws.
Allow rivers to flow enough that fish don't die.

The list can go on and on.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 4:51 AM

Quote:
https://www.facebook.com/micheal.art...4255286&type=3

There is the link to my pictures I put of Facebook.

Being a resource province is not a excuse for the destruction.

I currently live in Sudbury, and 20 years ago, this place look like the moon. Now it looks better. They have begun to clean up the mess that they created.

In northern ON, they log. They log like there is no tomorrow. But, they are logging on crown land. Land that is crowned by the government. The government does not allow them to just clear the forest. They must do chunks.

BC destroyed their land a long time ago. Now if they would only start healing it.
Build sewage plants.
Restrict logging operations
Require stronger mining laws.
Allow rivers to flow enough that fish don't die.

The list can go on and on.
I am sorry dude! I got nothing from your link. The fact you are from Sudbury almost made me pee my pants!

You know the province you are from Ontario has more problems to worry about then British Columbia's environment. Have you been to Adams river? I have? Have you been to Vancouver island?

I think of you as one of those german fellows that my friends whom logged had on their t-shirts far from hugging!

Man you really need to focus on Ontario because we have far less problems than you!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 4:54 AM

I saw Mr.X on tonight I would like for him to make a return?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 3:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I am sorry dude! I got nothing from your link. The fact you are from Sudbury almost made me pee my pants!

You know the province you are from Ontario has more problems to worry about then British Columbia's environment. Have you been to Adams river? I have? Have you been to Vancouver island?

I think of you as one of those german fellows that my friends whom logged had on their t-shirts far from hugging!

Man you really need to focus on Ontario because we have far less problems than you!
I drove by Adams River.

I lived in Victoria for 3 years. I moved back to Ontario a year a go.

Currently, I am not home. When I get home, I will upload the pictures so that it can be viewed.

I am not a tree hugger. I hate it when people think that they are better than they really are.

A pipeline is the least of BC's problems. They already have many other to contend with first.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Since you are the thread starter of this thread B.C. pristine environment thread I was expecting some images.

I know that many on this site like Klazu are very good at showing great images of B.C. perhaps if you ask him he will be able to show you some great environmentally friendly images of British Columbia!
BC is beautiful province, I love it but there are plenty of environmental problems in BC that are flat out ignored by the enviro-nuts that try to portray BC as a virgin pristine wilderness that will be ruined by a 30" oil pipeline. For example the federal government has a list of toxic sites, BC has the most sites of any province.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/fcsi-rscf/c...prov&sort=name

‘I believe in science’ is a statement generally made by people who don’t understand much about it. - Judith Curry, Professor Emeritus GIT

Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 7:40 PM

Quote:
BC is beautiful province, I love it but there are plenty of environmental problems in BC that are flat out ignored by the enviro-nuts that try to portray BC as a virgin pristine wilderness.
This.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 2:22 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 2:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
I am sorry dude! I got nothing from your link.
http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/mi...tml?sort=3&o=8

There. Did that work?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia