HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
I get a chuckle out of the super-precise population predictions ie "5.3 million!" or the "urban area will swallow such and such satellite towns"

I do look forward to the idea of Vancouver doing what it's been doing since the 90's and maybe adding a couple million without adding a single square km to built area.
There's no way, demand and supply interactions will force increased density. Vancouver isn't shutting itself out to immigration, it likely will remain one of the top destinations for people around the world until they find out the cost.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2020, 9:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
I get a chuckle out of the super-precise population predictions ie "5.3 million!" or the "urban area will swallow such and such satellite towns"

I do look forward to the idea of Vancouver doing what it's been doing since the 90's and maybe adding a couple million without adding a single square km to built area.
At the last development meeting I was at there was overwhelming support for knocking down things, making things smaller and more spread apart, and creating that local village feel

Old Posted Jan 10, 2020, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssiguy View Post
I don't know if you are serious yet uniformed or being sarcastic?
What part did u disagree with?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 6:19 PM

50 is too low to think of much change to Canada. When we reach 100 million and up then i'll add my two cents

Old Posted Jan 19, 2020, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I'm kind of curious on how a few corridors would look, if the estimated population in certain metros come to be in 2050.
As it stands now, Montreal to Gatineau, and by extension Ottawa, already has just South of 6 million people, and it's a fairly empty corridor..At least along the 40..In 2050, and a Montreal at 6 million we'll say, and an Ottawa-Gatineau at 2.25 million like some have predicted on here, will we see some sort of continuity between the two metros which will now have today's GTA levels of population?. Another corridor, would be London- Windsor, although that corridor would still be need a lot more growth. Finally Edmonton to Calgary?.
With a growing Red Deere in the middle, and with Calgary at 2.5-3.0 million and Edmonton at 2.25 like some have predicted, what would that corridor look like?..Even Montreal- QC, which I suspect will take off more then Gat-Montreal?
Like Montreal - Ottawa, the Saskatoon - Regina corridor will mostly just consist of the cities themselves with the towns between the two growing mostly by default, servicing the population that travels between the two, or strategic location by being between the two cities ie, Global Transportation Hub Northwest of Regina, plans for commercial retail mall near Dundurn south of Saskatoon etc etc

Where as the smaller towns in Saskatchewan will likely continue to lose population, only the larger hub towns/cities will continue to grow. Right now half the population of Saskatchewan lives in either Regina or Saskatoon but by 2050 it'll likely surpass 3/4 of province will live in the two cities as baby boomers proportion of population starts to decline drastically. Average age of Saskatchewan rural population is far higher than Saskatoon & Regina which are some of the youngest average age CMAs in the country.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2020, 1:16 AM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post

I once had someone here ask me if Lake Superior was the ocean, if there are sharks in it, and can you catch lobster there.
And if you squint really hard you can see France.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada