HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 5:00 PM

Are there any architects on here?? (HELP)

I need help with a project and it's very important so if there's anybody that is an architect can you help me out please?

Thanks?

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 8:00 PM

I'm now in city planning but Arch was my undergrad. Is this a school project, work issue or are you playing DIY on the domestic front? I suggest you throw out more info in case a non-architect (engineer, contractor...) might also be able to contibute.

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerjacket View Post
I'm now in city planning but Arch was my undergrad. Is this a school project, work issue or are you playing DIY on the domestic front? I suggest you throw out more info in case a non-architect (engineer, contractor...) might also be able to contibute.
Well, it's something like DIY but it's more like an development.I met a few councils,CAP Members and people who work for DRC like almost a year and a half ago and I told them about a project in mind I want to present to them. I told them practically what it was and they'd all sounded interested in the project at the end a few of them gave them their business cards/numbers and they told me to call me when i'm ready present so RIGHT NOW, i'm at my last steps of this project and I need architects.

Old Posted May 30, 2014, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
Well, it's something like DIY but it's more like an development.I met a few councils,CAP Members and people who work for DRC like almost a year and a half ago and I told them about a project in mind I want to present to them. I told them practically what it was and they'd all sounded interested in the project at the end a few of them gave them their business cards/numbers and they told me to call me when i'm ready present so RIGHT NOW, i'm at my last steps of this project and I need architects.
I believe this is the step where you begin to write checks

Old Posted May 30, 2014, 2:52 PM

yeh if you are presenting a proposal to the DRC or CAP people i hope you have funding for said project lined up.. people can draw up cool ideas all day - but unless you are a developer, or working witha developer that has deep pockets....

id certainly be interested in what you have been planning though.. and hey for all i know you are working witha developer.. i mean what do i know? lol

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 7:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
I believe this is the step where you begin to write checks
Thank you! And BIG checks, at that.

This is actually hilarious to me. The story continues to unfold, and I have a feeling the ending will be very interesting....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta