HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 5:03 AM

wahsington park?

my family is looking to move intown and we are looking at washington park, directly next to the park. we headed over there last night and it seemed relatively safe. i have walked through the area during the day and felt safe. this seems unusual considering its proximity to 'the bluff' and simpson street, but with the beltline coming in, it seems like it may be a good idea. anyone here live in washington park?

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
my family is looking to move intown and we are looking at washington park, directly next to the park. we headed over there last night and it seemed relatively safe. i have walked through the area during the day and felt safe. this seems unusual considering its proximity to 'the bluff' and simpson street, but with the beltline coming in, it seems like it may be a good idea. anyone here live in washington park?
I've done some Trees Atlanta volunteer stuff at that park and talked to a lot of the locals. Super-nice folks. Still short on things you can walk to but lots of nice houses. Adair Park has potential too

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 5:41 PM

Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 8:49 PM

I know several people who live there and like it. It has good MARTA access, proximity to the BeltLine, the park, and the new Walmart - which sells groceries.

I considered moving there early last year, but chose West End after weighing the pros and cons of Washington Park, West End, Adair Park, Grant Park, and Old Fourth Ward. For me, West End won out because it has the historic character, great prices, excellent MARTA bus and rail access, a strong neighborhood association, and decent existing retail services that I can walk to (hardware, CVS, vegan restaurants, three grocery stores). I also think that West End has the best urban "bones" of any of these neighborhoods.

In any case, Washington Park has some great homes too. And if park space is important to you (I personally couldn't care less about having a park nearby), you can't beat it.

"Atlanta - it's getting there."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta