HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
As an aside; it would seem to me if an interchange were ever put up at Lag and Reenders, that Olive Garden and part of Storageville who would be demolished.
A diamond that has Lag raised over Reenders would seem to be more likely. This would have less impact on the buildings at this intersection.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 1:40 AM

Quote:
http://www.winnipeg.ca/CLKDMIS/ViewD...onId=&InitUrl=

Public Hearing 1

Shops of Kildonan Mile is up for a zoning amendment for a max height increase to 35' from 25'. Shindico says a grocery store with mezzanine is planned for the site. Doesn't specifically mention who, but shows Whole Foods and another store as examples. So looks like it hasn't stalled out completely as of yet.

As an aside; it would seem to me if an interchange were ever put up at Lag and Reenders, that Olive Garden and part of Storageville who would be demolished.

I look at the plans on Page 12, Figure 4. The plans have it as a Home Depot. There is already a store at Crossroads Station.
Do a quick estimate the new store will have a size of (115m x 90m) vs (120m x 85m). The new store will be slightly large (10350 vs 10200). However the new store will have a larger Garden Centre.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2014, 2:13 AM

That's an old plan. It got kiboshed back in the 90's.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 3:31 AM

Well Future Shop Is Added Geek Squad at Polo Park Location Sound Interesting

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 1:18 PM

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 2:42 PM

Finally Is True Urban Outfitters & Anthropologie Is Coming To Winnipeg Yahoo!
Also The Disney Store Is Making Return To Winnipeg Yeah! Pandora Store Is Open Second Location in Winnipeg Also Nine West Thomas Sabo and Journey’s Making Winnipeg Debut Awesome!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 2:49 PM

Just an observation. Did my weekly grocery shop at Sobey's on Kenaston this past weekend. I noticed a huge difference in quality and even selection of produce from the Sobey's on Reenders, where I usually shop.

At Kenaston, all the fruit was mouldy and rotten. Especially the berries. The mould was crazy and in ever single package. They had zero selection on a lot of items. Overall just seemed like a totally different store than the one on Reenders. Of course there is mouldy fruit coming through once in a while there too, mostly on the berry front. But I was surprised at the difference from location to location. When in reality they're supposed to be the same.

So I could see how some people say Safeway is way better, others say Sobey's, etc. I had never seen such a disparity between locations. Makes me appreciate my good shopping at Reenders even more!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 2:53 PM

The Polo Park Zeller's reno will have 22 shops with six opening after the holiday season.

Announced are: Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Nine West, Thomas Sabo, Fossil, Journey’s, Disney and Pandora. This leaves 14 more stores to be announced.

source: Winnipeg Free Press

The Portage Ave Superstore is also undergoing a significant renovation. It appears they will add a door directly off the parking lot to the pharmacy area. It will be interesting to see if this ends up being the first instance of a Shopper's Drug Mart inside a Real Canadian Superstore which would seem to be the direction both brands are heading.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Just an observation. Did my weekly grocery shop at Sobey's on Kenaston this past weekend. I noticed a huge difference in quality and even selection of produce from the Sobey's on Reenders, where I usually shop.

At Kenaston, all the fruit was mouldy and rotten. Especially the berries. The mould was crazy and in ever single package. They had zero selection on a lot of items. Overall just seemed like a totally different store than the one on Reenders. Of course there is mouldy fruit coming through once in a while there too, mostly on the berry front. But I was surprised at the difference from location to location. When in reality they're supposed to be the same.

So I could see how some people say Safeway is way better, others say Sobey's, etc. I had never seen such a disparity between locations. Makes me appreciate my good shopping at Reenders even more!
Depends on the department Manager and I guess the store manager on how much product shrink they want to have charged to the store or dept. If its kept on display one more day it may sell.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 5:53 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

when lego guna open sigh

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 7:13 PM

Also Watch It Is Coming To Polo Park http://watchit.ca/

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 7:20 PM

Subaru dealership being built on Regent.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2014, 7:38 PM

I think Frontier Subaru is moving from Pembina to Regent, next door to Frontier Toyota.

Old Posted Jul 20, 2014, 9:22 PM

For those wondering H&M is taking over the space previously occupied by Dynamite & Garage, plus a large space behind them which I believe used to be a part of Safeway before.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjose32 View Post
For those wondering H&M is taking over the space previously occupied by Dynamite & Garage, plus a large space behind them which I believe used to be a part of Safeway before.
I thought the majority of the Safeway space became Forever 21. H&M seems to have come from a number of main floor retailers including Dynamite & Garage, the Polo Park Dental Centre (used to be near the customer service desk) and some other previously back-room storage spaces/not customer accessible areas.

Lindt is also planning to open 12 additional stores in Canada over the next two years with locations from coast to coast. Their preferred co-tenants are many of the shops with single locations in Winnipeg at the Polo Park mall. Add this to the list of likely candidates coming to the Zeller's renovation. It is possible they might back fill into an existing space for someone like Mexx if they relocate to the expansion.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 2:56 AM

Quote:
I think Frontier Subaru is moving from Pembina to Regent, next door to Frontier Toyota.
Down Regent today and the Subaru sign is up on the lot

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 5:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryB View Post
I thought the majority of the Safeway space became Forever 21. H&M seems to have come from a number of main floor retailers including Dynamite & Garage, the Polo Park Dental Centre (used to be near the customer service desk) and some other previously back-room storage spaces/not customer accessible areas.

Lindt is also planning to open 12 additional stores in Canada over the next two years with locations from coast to coast. Their preferred co-tenants are many of the shops with single locations in Winnipeg at the Polo Park mall. Add this to the list of likely candidates coming to the Zeller's renovation. It is possible they might back fill into an existing space for someone like Mexx if they relocate to the expansion.
Lindt has a location at 1570 Kenaston. (@ Lindenwood Dr)

Video from their opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0HcwSdiv4

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor204 View Post
Lindt has a location at 1570 Kenaston. (@ Lindenwood Dr)

Video from their opening:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn0HcwSdiv4
Havent seen that name but another one to add to the list that I might end up working on sooner than later is Bench, also Swarovski which I mentioned before along with Teavana.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 2:23 PM

A list of planned Microsoft stores opening this year has appeared online and Winnipeg is not on the list. Looks like they will not be in the Polo Park wave of stores in fall.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 3:26 PM
What could go wrong?

Saje Natural Wellness will be going in lower level near H&M at Polo Park. I don't know what that is but....
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan