HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 7, 2014, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
This will be interesting if it happens

http://www.thestarphoenix.com/news/s...008/story.html
We wish him all the best with this endeavour.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 10:22 PM

Just a heads-up here guys:

For you airport/aircraft watchers, the Regina Airport will be very busy with regards to traffic for the North American Indigenous Games. (July 20-27th.)

Inbound traffic should arrive on the 18-19th. Many of the larger aircraft may comprise of: Boeing 757s/767s; maybe even '777s; and/or maybe some larger Airbus types as well. On the 21st, there will be a mass exodus all at once. (Should be good viewing!)

The Main Apron for the '05 Canada Games - alone - was crowded with larger [Canadian-based] CAR Part 705-type aircraft. Next week should be even better!!!

You can bet your asses that I'll fire out a reminder later about this.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkydivePilot View Post

For you airport/aircraft watchers, the Regina Airport will be very busy with regards to traffic for the North American Indigenous Games. (July 20-27th.)

Inbound traffic should arrive on the 18-19th. Many of the larger aircraft may comprise of: Boeing 757s/767s; maybe even '777s; and/or maybe some larger Airbus types as well. On the 21st, there will be a mass exodus all at once. (Should be good viewing!)

The Main Apron for the '05 Canada Games - alone - was crowded with larger [Canadian-based] CAR Part 705-type aircraft. Next week should be even better!!!

Pictures????? Please!!!!!

Old Posted Jul 12, 2014, 2:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Pictures????? Please!!!!!
I'm out on my rotation right now --- I'm relying on you guys. If I am able to provide intel with regards ETAs, I'll apprise you as best I can.

Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 3:42 PM

Quote:

I imagine this will happen at the end of the games as well!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 4:43 PM

Ugh... As much as I love seeing all the planes, that means a good deal of these will be going over my house.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2014, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan0myte View Post
Ugh... As much as I love seeing all the planes, that means a good deal of these will be going over my house.
My parents live on Hill Avenue and when I was a kid, I would run outside when I would hear the big planes coming down Hill Avenue. LOVED IT and STILL DO!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 12:10 AM

When I was younger and we were living in Albert Park near Gordon Rd. and Montague St., I always thought it was great to be living so near a flight take-off/landing corridor. I could see pretty good details of the larger planes that were landing without visual aids, and I always loved the roar of the jet engines when they took-off over our neighbourhood! Maybe my parents thought differently (?!) Eventually, I grew up and would bike to the Flying Club to do some flying lessons, but then life got busy, and I moved out to a different neighbourhood!

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 1:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robag View Post
I imagine this will happen at the end of the games as well!
. . . . In fact, I'd bet that the departures will be pretty well --- immediate. Arrivals normally happen in more of a meander; however, departures would be different: they want to get the hell out at once! Lol!!!

I'll bet that departures will begin shortly after any would-be closing ceremonies throughout the night/into the next day.

Arrivals/departures [as it happens at any airport] can be viewed at: http://flightaware.com/

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 4:04 PM

Cool video of Boeing 787 Dreamliner:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=399861

Old Posted Jul 16, 2014, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Cool video of Boeing 787 Dreamliner:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=399861
Great video! Those turbines have a ton of thrust to push that big plane up at that kind of angle.

I'm glad no one was on board that plane though - they all would have filled all the barf bags by the time it landed.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 5:55 PM

Well, the charter aircraft arriving for the games are from the north. (Air North; Canadian North and First Air thus far.) They are comprised of several different models of '737-type aircraft. They'll arrive throughout the afternoon.

Nothing from the 'States. (Unless they booked tickets well in advance on scheduled flights.)

The airport will be unusually busy for a Saturday.

Great viewing will start at about 1:10 p.m.

Last edited by SkydivePilot; Jul 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM. Reason: Canadian North; . . . . for a Saturday.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 8:02 PM

Quote:
Well, the charter aircraft arriving for the games are from the north. (Air North; Canadian North and First Air thus far.) They are comprised of several different models of '737-type aircraft. They'll arrive throughout the afternoon.

Nothing from the 'States. (Unless they booked tickets well in advance on scheduled flights.)

The airport will be unusually busy for a Saturday.

Great viewing will start at about 1:10 p.m.
I know the team from Wisconsin chartered 5 buses. There was an extra flight from Minneapolis as well today. But expected something from New York, and something from Colorado as well. Plus 500 athletes from Ontario, and almost 400 from Quebec, I expected something a little more interesting.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 8:59 PM

Quote:
I know the team from Wisconsin chartered 5 buses. There was an extra flight from Minneapolis as well today. But expected something from New York, and something from Colorado as well. Plus 500 athletes from Ontario, and almost 400 from Quebec, I expected something a little more interesting.
Geez, for athletes to ride chartered busses from [Milwaukee?] Wisconsin would soooo suck! Well, they must have cheaped-out on the flights then. Lol!

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 9:59 PM
ConstructionPete

YXE Phase II Expansion Photo Update

All Photos' Courtesy of SAA Facebook Page

Last edited by kalin_10; Jul 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Additional Picture

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 4:35 AM

YXE will be a real looker when she's finished!!!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 3:21 AM

Quote:
YXE will be a real looker when she's finished!!!
Far more beautiful than the current look of the Regina International...

Photo Credit: Me
http://i61.tinypic.com/11vgsx1.jpg

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 10:26 PM
ConstructionPete

YXE Passenger Numbers Continue Upward Trend

New statistics are in for Saskatoon International Airport and once again they are very positive. Growth of 9.96% for the month of June over 2013 and a year to date growth rate of 6.7%. The Transborder travel sector continues to be the strongest at a growth rate of 8.8%, due in part to the Westjet’s decision to continue providing Las Vegas service throughout the summer. The Provincial and Domestic markets remain strong at growth rates of 3.3% and 7.2% respectively.

Airline seat capacity has responded to demand with more flights and seats to Las Vegas, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg compared to last summer.

Source: Saskatoon Airport Authority

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
Far more beautiful than the current look of the Regina International...

Photo Credit: Me
http://i61.tinypic.com/11vgsx1.jpg
Can we just forego the pissing match comparing cities? It's really tiresome and childish IMO

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
Can we just forego the pissing match comparing cities? It's really tiresome and childish IMO
Can we also forego the jumping to conclusions about posts? I am from Regina and love Regina and just came back home from Toronto for two weeks and that picture is when we landed. If we can't express our views negative and positive on this forum without calling it a pissing match then this would be a brutal forum. Refreshingly, the main point and realistic assessment currently is that Saskatoons airport is far more beautiful visually right now then Regina's. I have also posted many times that I am very excited and hopeful for what major renovations and expansions are to come.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan