HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 1:56 PM
Community Guy

Tour of Alberta draws strong line up yet as race heads for the hills

Tour of Alberta draws strong line up yet as race heads for the hills

Victoria's Hesjedal considering entering because he believes he can win the cycling road race

BY JOHN MACKINNON, EDMONTON JOURNAL

EDMONTON - Organizers of the Tour of Alberta believe this year’s edition of the six-day cycling road race will have the strongest lineup of teams “pound for pound” in the three-year history of the event.

The tricky part in professional cycling is nailing down the athletes who will headline the event, which comprises 16 teams of eight riders, expanded from 15 teams the last two years. The roster won’t be finalized until 12-14 days before the Sept. 2-7 race.

That said, there are hopeful signs Victoria’s Ryder Hesjedal, who competes for Team Cannondale-Garmin and won the 2012 Giro d’Italia, may return to the Alberta race for the first time since its inception in 2013.

“We’ve talked to Ryder already and he’s much better than 50-50,” said Steve Brunner, president of KOM Sports Marketing, a consultant to the Tour of Alberta. “He wants to see how he (feels) after the Tour de France, but his plan was not only to come, but because of the high mountains, he believes that he could contend and win the race.”

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...576/story.html

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 3:38 PM

Got rooms booked at Myette and Jasper for those 2 stages. Plus most of the people I ride with will be riding up to Marmot the day of that stage.

I will also be in GP for the Start so that should be good to see.

I just won't be in town for the final day. Be doing my own ride from Van to Whistler then.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 5:20 PM

Where are the stages this year?

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 7:31 PM

First 2 stages are in Grande Prairie.
Stage 3 is Grande Cache to Jasper NP and finishing up at Meyette Hot Springs. Stage 4 is in the Town of Jasper and loops on 93 and 93a finishing up at Marmot Basin.
Stage 5 is Edson to Spruce grove and has 50kms of gravel seconds.
Last stage is in Edmonton on the same course as last year.It is being tied into the ITU Trathalon weekend.
http://tourofalberta.ca/

Old Posted Jul 22, 2015, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
First 2 stages are in Grande Prairie.
Stage 3 is Grande Cache to Jasper NP and finishing up at Meyette Hot Springs. Stage 4 is in the Town of Jasper and loops on 93 and 93a finishing up at Marmot Basin.
Stage 5 is Edson to Spruce grove and has 50kms of gravel seconds.
Last stage is in Edmonton on the same course as last year.It is being tied into the ITU Trathalon weekend.
http://tourofalberta.ca/
From Last Year
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia