HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 6:42 AM

Viewpoint retail upgrade & 8 story condo @ 7th & Peachtree

I feel a little bit silly starting a new thread, but I haven't heard anything regarding either of these. From what I understand, the condo project will begin after the Viewpoint Retail upgrade is complete and Starbucks has moved into the adjacent space. Has the grocery store on 6th made any progress? It just seems like it's been a while since I've heard anything on this project; just hoping it's not dead.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 2:29 PM

Not sure I've heard much of anything regarding the tenants of this new buildout/reclad effort... Other than the grocery store and the temporary Starbucks, have there been any other official announcements? Rest assured, even if the grocer tenant in this project falls through, the project across the street at 811 is supposed to have an urban market of some kind.. At least one of them will surely happen.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 3:20 PM

The rendering of the 7th street condo showed Starbucks and BB&T, if I recall. I think the 6th street Grocery Store slipped past me... any details on that?

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
I feel a little bit silly starting a new thread, but I haven't heard anything regarding either of these. From what I understand, the condo project will begin after the Viewpoint Retail upgrade is complete and Starbucks has moved into the adjacent space. Has the grocery store on 6th made any progress? It just seems like it's been a while since I've heard anything on this project; just hoping it's not dead.
Its not dead all. They are pre-selling the condos and I saw on the website that 3 units have been sold thus far. It was mentioned in the project thread that they have filed demo permits as well.

As for the grocer, I don't think there is enough space for even a Sprouts or TJ's in that space so unless its a Savi or something similar, I doubt a grocer will be going there.

Thus far the site plan shows BB&T, World of Beer, Art of Touch Massage and Sprint as tenants in Viewpoint.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 9:10 PM
Kev K

The build-out of the adjacent space to Starbucks does not seem to be for retail or food & bev. The stark-white walls and small rooms seem to be for a clinic/dentist or small office-space. http://imgur.com/a/DrMoA

*Edit - it looks like that space is for BB&T - http://properties.theshoppingcenterg...teplan/955.pdf And with this, most banks have their Peachtree - Midtown locations in place (Wells Fargo, BOA, Delta Community Bank, PNC, Georgia's Own, Suntrust??) No more of that "boring" retail moving forward.

On a related note, Skyhouse South has (2) of (6) spaces taken. Space B has a small gym & Space D has been unavailable for a while now. http://s.lnimg.com/attachments/D/1/A...D4B769DE80.pdf

Last edited by RATBOYKEV; May 27, 2014 at 9:36 PM.

Old Posted May 28, 2014, 1:08 AM

Quote:
I asked the Starbucks gal a few weeks ago when they were moving and she said June, but it's already been pushed back a number of times. But it does sound like pretty soon.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2014, 4:03 PM

Biznow reports that 5 of the units at Seventh are under contract and that the project plans to deliver next fall. That sounds like a groundbreaking sometime later this year.

http://www.bisnow.com/commercial-rea...oom-community/

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
I asked the Starbucks gal a few weeks ago when they were moving and she said June, but it's already been pushed back a number of times. But it does sound like pretty soon.
I went down this morning and asked again. The lady said she heard they were moving in Feb but also heard September. So either way it's going to be a little while before anything happens.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2014, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
I went down this morning and asked again. The lady said she heard they were moving in Feb but also heard September. So either way it's going to be a little while before anything happens.
I went to the Open House today to try to find when the construction is supposed to start. I didn't really find out for sure, because they didn't really want to answer that it seems, but they are filing some permits this Friday and the loan for construction closes at the end of August. The sales seem to be going well ... I think they have 5 under contract and 2 about to go under contract? So they've already "sold" (I guess?) 33% of the units.

HOA fees are $0.53 / sq ft. That seems absolutely insane to me. The smallest floor plan is about 1,800 sq ft so it is about $1,000 /mo to live there, minimum. They also will not be having a 24/7 concierge, which is surprising because I don't know of any other building in midtown that doesn't have one. The reason was that it would be too expensive. I'm GUESSING that the high HOA fees and stuff like an extended hours concierge will exist until they build their financial reserves.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 1:01 AM

They are Starting

The Original Starbucks where the condo is being built is now closed - they are in the process of moving temporarily to Viewpoint (opening 1/5/2015). I suspect demolition will follow shortly after that - and the building of the new condo will start.

Also Viewpoint retail has upgraded. World of Beer is open. An exercise studio has opened. BB&T has opened. There is a build out happening for another restaurant where Sprint and a Kitchen Cabinet retailer once were.

Ace Hardware is scheduled to open on 1/20/2015.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin22 View Post
The Original Starbucks where the condo is being built is now closed - they are in the process of moving temporarily to Viewpoint (opening 1/5/2015). I suspect demolition will follow shortly after that - and the building of the new condo will start.

Also Viewpoint retail has upgraded. World of Beer is open. An exercise studio has opened. BB&T has opened. There is a build out happening for another restaurant where Sprint and a Kitchen Cabinet retailer once were.

Ace Hardware is scheduled to open on 1/20/2015.

It will be great to see this one move forward and I think it will be a huge improvement for that block.

The leasing plan at Viewpoint, shows that the former Sprint space will be an Asian noodle restaurant called Bantu and Jeanette Bakery is going in the small space on the other side of World of Beer.

At Skyhouse south, RReal Taco restaurant is slated for the space closest to Peachtree leaving only the two smallest spaces empty.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 8:08 AM

so it looks like the starbucks is finally moving, but what about that planned grocery store that's supposed to front 6th? they've got little cutout spaces in the wall, but it's been like that for almost a year now.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 2:23 PM

Quote:
so it looks like the starbucks is finally moving, but what about that planned grocery store that's supposed to front 6th? they've got little cutout spaces in the wall, but it's been like that for almost a year now.
As I've said before, that space is around 3,000 SF which is about the size of a convenience store. It could not be even a Trader Joe's unless the space is expanded.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 3:14 PM

From what I understand, the Starbucks and perhaps other retail will be moving into the shopping center once the new building is done (the Starbucks relocation is just temporary). That will leave sufficient space in Viewpoint for a grocery store (there is space on the side of the building inside near the Starbucks shopping center. I think they are still in negotiations.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
As I've said before, that space is around 3,000 SF which is about the size of a convenience store. It could not be even a Trader Joe's unless the space is expanded.
sorry for the ambiguity; whether it will be a grocery store or a convenience store, i'm just trying to figure out if it is still planned to be an active retail space (and if so, why haven't they put in windows and doors?) and second, if there are any retailers who have expressed interest in the space.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 4:59 PM

Quote:
sorry for the ambiguity; whether it will be a grocery store or a convenience store, i'm just trying to figure out if it is still planned to be an active retail space (and if so, why haven't they put in windows and doors?) and second, if there are any retailers who have expressed interest in the space.
They are definitely trying to lease the space but I have no idea about interest. I would think that they it will only be finished once it gets leased. Its kind of a weird space the way its set back from the street and I'm not surprised that it hasn't been leased yet.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2014, 7:00 PM

They marked up the concrete block side of the old Sprint retail location. I heard a new restaurant is going in there, but looks like they will be starting on the renovations to the facade on that side soon based on the marking they put on the wall.

Old Posted May 30, 2016, 11:08 PM

I have to say that with the Viewpoint renovation, completion of the Seventh Midtown and new tenants that have opened or planning to open this has become one of the better blocks in Midtown. The gap between Seventh and Viewpoint isn't really that noticeable on Peachtree. Even the Quik Trip is turning out to be an attractive addition to the street level.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta