HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkitekte View Post
The entire point of the UofM having it's own stadium is to bring alumni back to campus; having one located anywhere else defeats that purpose and is a waste of money. As it stands now, there's no reason for me to even drive to campus let alone walk around or spend time on campus. Yeah, the UofM would pocket beer and concession sales, but don't begin to think that the City would sell the LBMS after the upgrades that they've done without having it put into the contract that they keep a portion if not all of the revenue from the Liberty Bowl and Southern Heritage Classic.

By seating arrangements what do you mean? Individual chairback seats? The ADA situation has been corrected and the sight lines at the LBMS are actually pretty good. Also, how much revenue do you think the UofM would make to offset its "bad tv payout deal" that would also offset buying the stadium to begin with? I'm not seeing the logic there.

Memphis killed that dream more than Nashville, IMO. One thing I've never understood were Memphians boycotting the Titans after it was announced that they would move to Nashville. Did people not understand that those seasons could and would be looked at as a tryout? Now the league and any other market that in theory would be competing with Memphis for an NFL franchise can point to that season and crush an argument of "can they support a franchise".

Is he going to pay for that 500 million indoor stadium as well?

Realistically I think the Rams are the only team that will potentially relocate...possibly the Chargers, but that all depends on if they can get a new stadium built. One of those two will end up in LA. I just don't see Memphis being able to afford a relocation due to the costs associated with it (mainly building a new stadium), nor actually support an NFL franchise due to multiple reasons.
The UM campus is not that big to begin with. Sure it would be really nice to be like everyone else and have a stadium on campus. But that is not gonna happen anytime soon or in the foreseeable future. Sometimes you can't be like everyone else. Memphis' campus sits surrounded by residential properties. In order to build an OCS they would have to buy up dozens of homes, then build a parking garage which would cost millions. You'r talking millions just for purchase of additional land on top of the cost for an OCS which would be at least $100M plus.

By buying the LBS the UM wouldn't have to depend on the city to put funding into the stadium anymore. The city is broke and has no extra money even to pay its police and fire departments let alone invest millions more into upgrades. The recent upgrades were part of a phase one. Phase two is now on halt because the city can't afford it. Those plans on hold include a new press box and chairbacking portions of the stadium. The renovation plans were once online but now seem to be private, and they featured chairbacks in the lower bowl section and the rest bleachers, possibly seat rest bleachers that are being installed in older stadiums all over the country now. They're cheaper opposed to chairbacks.

The city has no money, so hanging onto the LBS and being forced to continue to upgrade with tax dollars makes no sense. Yes the city did put money into it. So has the UM. So has FedEx. But it;s other tenants (SHC and LBS Classic) have not put a cent into the upgrades. But if the UM could make them an offer of say, $20-30 million for the stadium, its grounds and Tiger Lane, the city should and probably would strongly consider it. Selling it to the UM would save the city a lot of future investing into the aging stadium. Plus the city desperately needs that extra $20-30 million to keep the city from going bankrupt.

So in the end, the UM would be saving a fortune it already doesn't have to build an OCS by owning, collecting revenue from stadium use, and investing private dollars into upgrades needed to make the stadium attractive. The UM has proven it can raise funding for mid-level upgrades by planning to build indoor practice facility. So they could raise needed funding for upgrades at the LBS such as a new press box and seating improvements. Maybe replace the far end suites tower with a new one closer to the playing field.

Below is a list of revenue streaming that the UM would be able to profit off of annually:

-Beer sales
-Food & Beverage sales
-Rental fees (from SHC and LBS Classic plus any other use of the stadium)
-Merchandise sales

The above can add up to a lot more than people may realize. The reason the MLS is succeeding today is because of having total control and ownership of its facilities. They make more money by ownership where they wouldn't in a rental position.

Looking at the difference between owning a stadium opposed to building a new one on campus.

ON CAMPUS STADIUM
-Cost of land projection: $20-30M
-Cost of stadium construction: $100-110M
-Cost of landscaping & road work: $5-10M
-Cost of a parking garage of 3,000 cars: $20M

Projected total amount: $170M

OWNERSHIP OF LIBERTY BOWL MEMORIAL STADIUM
-Cost of purchase: $20-30M
-Cost of potential renovations: $50M
-Cost of Stadium upkeep: $2-3M every two years

Projected total amount: $83M

The UM can afford and raise capital for the latter but not the former. This is why they need to suggest buying the stadium and then charging whoever wants to use it with what they feel a rental fee should be. It would for once in their school's history give them some power over the city and the SEC.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 3:23 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsvillenative View Post
The UM campus is not that big to begin with. Sure it would be really nice to be like everyone else and have a stadium on campus. But that is not gonna happen anytime soon or in the foreseeable future. Sometimes you can't be like everyone else. Memphis' campus sits surrounded by residential properties. In order to build an OCS they would have to buy up dozens of homes, then build a parking garage which would cost millions. You'r talking millions just for purchase of additional land on top of the cost for an OCS which would be at least $100M plus.
There are a number of possible locations for an on campus stadium. I believe 5 although two of the locations aren't as "good" as the others. Believe me, there's plenty of space. I've seen more than the that report that was released to the public. The UofM actually owns more of the houses between Patterson and Highland that you think. Drive down Midland, Mynders, Norriswood, Watauga, etc. The easiest way to tell are the houses with the same address number plates are university owned that they rent to students or university associated individuals. There's more than you think or would be led to believe.

Quote:
By buying the LBS the UM wouldn't have to depend on the city to put funding into the stadium anymore. The city is broke and has no extra money even to pay its police and fire departments let alone invest millions more into upgrades. The recent upgrades were part of a phase one. Phase two is now on halt because the city can't afford it. Those plans on hold include a new press box and chairbacking portions of the stadium. The renovation plans were once online but now seem to be private, and they featured chairbacks in the lower bowl section and the rest bleachers, possibly seat rest bleachers that are being installed in older stadiums all over the country now. They're cheaper opposed to chairbacks.

The city has no money, so hanging onto the LBS and being forced to continue to upgrade with tax dollars makes no sense. Yes the city did put money into it. So has the UM. So has FedEx. But it;s other tenants (SHC and LBS Classic) have not put a cent into the upgrades. But if the UM could make them an offer of say, $20-30 million for the stadium, its grounds and Tiger Lane, the city should and probably would strongly consider it. Selling it to the UM would save the city a lot of future investing into the aging stadium. Plus the city desperately needs that extra $20-30 million to keep the city from going bankrupt.
The University still gains nothing from this (other than an oversized/under maintained stadium). I'm fully aware of the City's financial troubles. You don't expect your "guest" as in the Liberty Bowl and the SHC to pay the light bill for events that make your city millions of dollars. There's plenty of other cities that would love the 8/9th best SEC team to play for free. The City has continually expected the UofM to take a backseat in many regards. Why would the UofM in turn bail the City out by taking on their financial mess?

Quote:
So in the end, the UM would be saving a fortune it already doesn't have to build an OCS by owning, collecting revenue from stadium use, and investing private dollars into upgrades needed to make the stadium attractive. The UM has proven it can raise funding for mid-level upgrades by planning to build indoor practice facility. So they could raise needed funding for upgrades at the LBS such as a new press box and seating improvements. Maybe replace the far end suites tower with a new one closer to the playing field.

Below is a list of revenue streaming that the UM would be able to profit off of annually:

-Beer sales
-Food & Beverage sales
-Rental fees (from SHC and LBS Classic plus any other use of the stadium)
-Merchandise sales

The above can add up to a lot more than people may realize. The reason the MLS is succeeding today is because of having total control and ownership of its facilities. They make more money by ownership where they wouldn't in a rental position.

Looking at the difference between owning a stadium opposed to building a new one on campus.

ON CAMPUS STADIUM
-Cost of land projection: $20-30M
-Cost of stadium construction: $100-110M
-Cost of landscaping & road work: $5-10M
-Cost of a parking garage of 3,000 cars: $20M

Projected total amount: $170M

OWNERSHIP OF LIBERTY BOWL MEMORIAL STADIUM
-Cost of purchase: $20-30M
-Cost of potential renovations: $50M
-Cost of Stadium upkeep: $2-3M every two years

Projected total amount: $83M

The UM can afford and raise capital for the latter but not the former. This is why they need to suggest buying the stadium and then charging whoever wants to use it with what they feel a rental fee should be. It would for once in their school's history give them some power over the city and the SEC.
Once again you're completely missing the point of why the UofM would build an on campus stadium. You should also research how many schools actually turn a profit on their on campus facilities or athletics in general since you're breaking down the numbers. I also find it interesting that you think the City would sell the LBMS for 20-30 million. They're desperate, but not that desperate. The UofM doesn't need to study the MLS, there's roughly 120 other FBS schools that operate their own on campus stadium. Not having one and having one of the worst funded and supported football programs in FBS isn't a coincidence.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2014, 11:06 PM

A new website went up over the weekend detailing a proposed $150 million redevelopment of the French Fort neighborhood in tandem with TDOT's reconstruction of the I-55 & Crump Boulevard interchange.

http://frenchfort.net/

From the Memphis Daily News:
http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...n-development/

Quote:
French Fort Plan Calls for $150 Million Development
By Bill Dries
Memphis Daily News

What would begin as 67 apartments in the former U.S. Marine Hospital and nurses’ quarters on the northern edge of the French Fort neighborhood would grow in phases to a $150 million development south of E.H. Crump Boulevard, according to a plan unveiled over the weekend.

The development would make the area a denser and more diverse mix of housing alongside hotels and access to the Mississippi River.

The master plan unveiled by City South Ventures would be the biggest development south of Crump in decades, with 15 multifamily or mixed-use multifamily properties in the immediate vicinity of a new Interstate 55 roundabout planned by the Tennessee Department of Transportation.

Lauren T. Crews, managing partner of City South Ventures, described the master plan as “a work in progress” as he spoke to a group of around 200 people Saturday, July 19, on the front lawn of the hospital property.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 2:50 AM

De La Renderings:

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 3:53 AM

I hope that works out, because those renderings are REALLY nice.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 3:19 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Birchett View Post
I hope that works out, because those renderings are REALLY nice.
I thought they actually sold short what could really be done with the French Fort, but I've seen Revit renderings that are a lot worse at getting their job done than these.

Anyways, I'm curious to see where this goes. I really like the idea of bringing a grocery store (which downtown residents would gladly use) as well as the high amount of residential units and the mixed use proposals to support those, but there's a pretty large disconnect between the French Fort and South Main and the rest of downtown. Of course in theory you want to connect the two, but realistically that might be pretty hard, especially with the existence of I-55, Crump blvd, those two junky hotels, etc. Can the French Fort be developed separate from the rest of downtown? Sure, but that's going to be a tall task.

Funding is a completely different story all together. Crews doesn't have the money himself and is relying on TIF and other investors to get the ball rolling, but he's going to have the same problems as before except this time he'll just have more proposals on the table. I still think he should have focused solely on the hospital and then if he could potentially have redeveloped that, move to something else to begin to build the neighborhood.

If anyone is interested, I have pictures of both the hospital and the nurses' house in this thread.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=199497

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 6:49 PM
Rock'N'Roll Warlord

It seems everything is TIF/Tax Break/Tax Credit reliant around here.

That being said, not a terrible plan as far as plans go, although I don't like the idea of a parking lot fronting the river.

Ark, regarding poor connections to South Main and the rest of downtown, I think the idea is the reconstruction of the I-55/Crump interchange will help that, as well as extending the Riverwalk, and other bike/ped improvements surrounding the Harahan project.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomJ View Post
It seems everything is TIF/Tax Break/Tax Credit reliant around here.
I was thinking the same thing while reading the article the other day and then thinking about a few other projects. It works when it works, but it's not a very good sign of a healthy development market. TIF funds should be used for the projects that will directly and immediately affect the public, not every project that's proposed that otherwise would be a dream.

Quote:
That being said, not a terrible plan as far as plans go, although I don't like the idea of a parking lot fronting the river.
I'm guessing the parking is fronting the river to reduce the amount of parking that actually is viewable/accessible to the inner parts of the plan, which is good, IMO, but yeah, resolving that problem by placing the parking on the outside fronting the river isn't very well thought out.

Quote:
Ark, regarding poor connections to South Main and the rest of downtown, I think the idea is the reconstruction of the I-55/Crump interchange will help that, as well as extending the Riverwalk, and other bike/ped improvements surrounding the Harahan project.
True, I was mainly just taking a hit at the massive amount of asphalt that's between downtown and the French Fort/the lack of pedestrian access. I don't know much about the plans for redesigning the I-55/Crump interchange, but that's a tricky spot to create pedestrian traffic/cross the train tracks/reduce the hell that is getting to the French Fort from Crump.

The Harahan project could help the French Fort neighborhood a lot if a project geared toward the general public ever materializes...something that complements the Metal Museum and whatever else is planned for the neighborhood.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2014, 11:34 PM

Chisca Hotel Owners File Construction Loan

The Daily News:
Quote:
The Chisca Hotel ownership group has filed a $17.3 million construction loan to renovate and redevelop the historic South Main Street property.

Main Street Apartment Partners LLC filed the construction leasehold deed of trust, assignment of leases and rents, security agreement and fixture filing July 18 through SunTrust Banks.

Carlisle Corp. president Gene Carlisle signed the trust deed as president of Chisca Manager LLC, the managing member of Main Street Apartment Partners.

Terry Lynch is another partner in the $24 million mixed-use project that will bring 159 apartment units and commercial space to the former hotel.

The Chisca comprises two parcels. The 0 S. Main St. parcel is a 292,138-square-foot hotel built in 1913. Its current appraisal is $588,500, according to the Shelby County Assessor of Property.

The 0 S. Second St. parcel is an accessory improvement that is appraised at $278,400.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 2:37 AM

That one rendering with the red squares...all I thought was Purina.

Bout to finish up my trip to the Houston/Galveston and all it did was solidify that Mud Island is vastly underutilized and the Kemah Boardwalk /Galveston Pleasure Pier are a great starting point to compliment and redo it. Moody Gardens, man that's well done.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 3:47 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Memphian View Post
That one rendering with the red squares...all I thought was Purina.
It does give that vibe.

On the Chisca Hotel, I'm ready to see this project take off. It's all around good for downtown and the connecting piece for South Main and North Main.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 7:45 PM

is mr. carlisle held responsible financially for the backing to the bank, should the project falter or fail, or is his position more to do w/ administrative duties, the go to guy between the various entities and the bank? i assume that he is one of the private investors in the chisca project, in addition to other investments.

i like the inn concept on the top of the bluff, too, i am pretty satisfied w/ the other buildings. i would have kept the feel of the hospital in line w/ the dome and the front entrance. at any rate, i am glad to see plans and seemingly some action w/in a sensible time frame.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2014, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Memphian View Post
Yes, I know that league isn't MLS but the teams in it are affiliated with MLS teams. OKC has an affiliation with Sporting KC. Think of it as the developing Triple A of American soccer.
I always thought that the real way for MLS soccer to take off as a legit league is not to be in cities where there is already a professional team that would conflict with coverage of the soccer program. Just think if the mid-sized cities like Memphis and Birmingham had a pro soccer team. That would be the main show in town and would probably succeed. This is why SEC football is so big. There are not a lot of professional teams in the south. We're bored!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2014, 9:02 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Distillery developer finalizes Downtown warehouse purchase
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/n...warehouse.html

Quote:
D. Canale & Co. has purchased the Downtown Memphis warehouse needed for its $5 million spirits distillery and tasting room Old Dominick.

The company's Dominick Properties LLC bought the 54,297-square-foot warehouse at 301 S. Front St. for $785,000 from 301 South Front Street General Partnership, according to public Shelby County Register of Deeds transaction records.
Quote:
Canale said there's a "possibility" that the firm could development more property in the area following the distillery's opening.

Local brewery expanding, doubling production
http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/n...roduction.html

Quote:
Memphis Made Brewing Co. is expanding its production capability.

The local brewery is adding three new fermenters, doubling its beer production capabilities. Since launching in 2013, Memphis Made has released several different brands, including Southern Julep, Reverberation, Fruit Ninja and its latest pale ale, Bear Cat. Earlier this year, Memphis Made released its first bottled beers, which are available at the Madison Growler and Bottle Shop, located inside the Cash Saver at 1620 Madison Ave. and Whole Foods Market.
Quote:
“We’re following our growth plan, although this expansion has come a little sooner than we thought,” Andy Ashby, co-founder of Memphis Made, said. “The demand for more local beer has been great and we’re working as hard as we can to fill it.”

I honestly would be surprised to see the announcement of another micro brewery in the next 6-12 months.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 11:28 PM

Construction begins on $8M apartment complex near U of M

Memphis Business Journal:
Quote:
A California development company has launched construction of an $8 million, 64-unit apartment complex near the University of Memphis.

Rael Development Corp., following through on plans we reported in October 2013, has hired Montgomery Martin Contractors LLC to build the four-story complex at 3595 Southern Ave., the southeast corner of Southern and Brister.

The Irving, Calif.-based firm recently pulled a $200,000 building permit to pour the complex's foundation on the 1.7-acre site.

The project is slated to open by the end of the year and is the companion to Rael's first development, the 74-unit Gather at Southern, also near campus at Southern and Patterson.

Lawrence Rael, co-managing principal and founder of Rael, told me the he's actively looking for more development opportunities around the U of M.

"We believe there's a demand for quality student housing in the market," he said. "We see the growth at the school, and we believe it's going to grow even more."

Trolleys will return to Downtown Memphis this fall

Quote:
The Memphis Area Transit Authority is on track to restart trolley service on Main Street Downtown over the next three to six months.

Out of its fleet of 15 trolleys, MATA has singled out five in the best condition for an initial round of short-term repairs. The trolleys were taken out of service June 10 over safety concerns related to two fires in a six-month window on the Madison Avenue line.

MATA still hasn't settled on a long-term solution, MATA interim General Manager Tom Fox said at a press conference today. But, he added, getting rid of the trolleys isn't an option.

"It's our full intention to get service back in place," he told me.

After repairing the five Main Street trolleys, MATA repair crews will begin inspecting the next five, then the next five ahead of making a decision on a permanent solution. Options include overhauling the trolleys or buying new or heritage ones – a cost spread of $6 million to $37.5 million, as I reported in June.

One benefit of having the trolleys out of commission: MATA has started repairing the trolley tracks running parallel to the Mississippi River.

"We're trying to do everything we can possibly do while repairing the trolleys for Main," said Alvin Pearson, assistant general manager at MATA.
Not a Big Fan of the design of these apartments but
New phase launches in $93M Cleaborn Homes redevelopment

Quote:
The $93 million public housing redevelopment of Cleaborn Homes for 362 new apartments in Downtown Memphis entered its final stretch this week.

Birmingham, Ala.-based general contractor Capstone Building Corp. pulled 22 permits – a total value of $8.1 million – to launch the final, 67-unit phase of the Hope VI project Cleaborn Pointe at Heritage Landing. The complex is a few blocks southeast of FedExForum across Lauderdale Street from Foote Homes near Vance Avenue.

That fourth phase has a total cost of about $11.8 million, including infrastructure costs, said Jimmie Tucker, whose Self + Tucker Architects is one of the project's architects, the other being LRK.

According to Lawrence Cox, of Capstone, who is managing the project, the units should open around October 2015.

Demolition of the 460-unit Cleaborn Homes began in 2010, as we reported then. The work is part of a larger, 20-year plan, known as the Heritage Trail Community Redevelopment, that also includes Foote Homes – a total of 1,200 new low-income housing units.
Thank God
Contract Signed to Purchase Tennessee Brewery

Memphis Daily News:
Quote:
A contract has been signed with a buyer for the Tennessee Brewery, saving the historic structure from the wrecking ball, according to a representative of the brewery’s ownership.

Rasberry CRE principal James Rasberry told The Daily News his client has agreed to a deal with a buyer he would not disclose, with the terms including a 90-day due diligence period. Rasberry also declined to disclose the purchase price, except to say that the owners had listed the brewery at $1.2 million and that "the offer was very attractive to us.”

A multitude of development groups have floated proposals to revamp the brewery in the past, working through Rasberry, but all of them for a variety of reasons never materialized. This time, Rasberry said the current contract is further than he’s gotten in the process.

“I’ve had contracts before with a lot of wiggle room and that had long due diligence periods for a year or more,” he said. “There’s very little reason for this buyer not to go through with it. This is a very clean deal, and it’s a qualified group we have a comfort level with, because of their capabilities and desires. They were straightforward and good people to work with.”

The deal comes with only weeks to spare before demolition at the brewery had been set to begin. The group that’s made the most progress so far, including restaurateur Taylor Berger at the vanguard, has requested a hearing about its proposal for the brewery in front of the city-county Board of Adjustment next month.

Berger was not immediately available for comment

Old Posted Jul 26, 2014, 12:02 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

That's all good news, especially on the purchase of the brewery (let's hope something is actually done rather than it fall into further disrepair as its done when it has been sold in the past). I'm also pretty excited to see more urban developments around the UofM that will hopefully bring and keep more traditionally aged university students in the neighborhood rather than just during the day when they're on campus. I think with that, we'll eventually see more improvements to the Highland Strip and hopefully the development of the old Highland Church of Christ lot.

As far as the trolleys returning to service, the first 5 are "fixed", but MATA hasn't reached a permanent solution on what to do with them overall??? Is that not a waste of money to repair something to" proper working order", but in reality they don't know how long that's actually going to hold up? If the trolleys are going to continue to be something that's a novelty, then yes, continue to use those 15 and repair them every 5 year or so, but if they actually want to try to advance the Madison line they should look into something that's somewhat practical in today's terms.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2014, 6:00 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Chisca Rebirth
Historic hotel moves to next redevelopment steps

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...hisca-rebirth/

Quote:
As the Carlisle Corp. began to really delve into the guts of the old Chisca Hotel on Main Street, company officials discovered hidden gem after hidden gem.

The crown molding on the ceiling that survived decades of neglect, the glass storefront that runs the length of the property that was obscured for years by wood panels, the terra cotta features ringing the top of the 1913 building all appeared to be salvageable, warming the hearts of the development team.
Quote:
Over the last two weeks, Carlisle Corp. closed on a key financing piece for the project and gave general contractor Montgomery Martin Contractors the green light to begin the bulk of the redevelopment efforts required to turn what was a deteriorating eyesore into a vibrant apartment community with touches of commercial space.

The original team behind the Chisca redevelopment effort approached Carlisle Corp., which has a long and storied history in Downtown development, in April 2013 asking if the company would like to become the driving force behind the project.

“We said we loved the deal and asked how much of it we could have,” said Carlisle with a laugh. “It’s one of those projects we were interested in and we would have a hand in something the city could be proud of.”
Quote:
Carlisle Corp. is undertaking a roughly $28 million historic renovation to transform the old hotel, which sits at the nexus between the booming South Main Historic Arts District neighborhood and the Beale Street Entertainment District, into 161 apartments with retail and restaurant space.

The project will feature a mix of one-bedroom, two-bedroom, two-bedroom loft units and a few two-story townhomes. Prices will start at around $750 for the smaller units and climb to around $2,100 for the townhome units. The apartments will include granite counter and vanity tops and chrome finishes.

On a recent morning crews from Montgomery Martin were busy working on converting the second floor of the building that connects the original 1913 hotel building to a 1961 addition into what will be an open-air community area that will include a sunning pool, farm table, prep sink, fire pit and soft, lush greenery.

This is probably the project that I'm most excited about in Memphis right now. I think upon its completion and once residents and retailers begin to move in it will do a lot for downtown and create an overall more balanced atmosphere around South Main that isn't just a weekend atmosphere.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 1:37 PM

Anything new on the One Beale project? Looking forward to seeing some updated renderings.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 1:48 PM

Airport Authority Seeking More Affordable Air Service

Memphis Daily News:

Quote:
Officials with the Memphis and Shelby County Airport Authority are hitting the road in the hopes of attracting more affordable air service.

As part of its “relentless pursuit to add frequent and affordable air service,” Airport Authority officials will be attending meetings at the upcoming World Routes 2014 forum being held Sept. 20-23.

The event, which takes place in Chicago this year, is expected to draw 3,000 aviation professionals, with representation from 300 airlines, 800 airports and 200 tourism authorities.

The forum allows for numerous pre-arranged meetings between airport executives, airlines, charter operators and other aviation professionals.

“Chairman (Jack) Sammons and I will be meeting with between 10-15 airlines, five airports and several international charter operators,” said Airport Authority president and CEO Scott Brockman in a statement.

During last year’s World Routes forum, Airport Authority officials met with representatives from American Airlines and Philadelphia International Airport. American added three new daily nonstop flights between Memphis and Philadelphia in June.
http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...service/#88916

Old Posted Aug 1, 2014, 2:15 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
Anything new on the One Beale project? Looking forward to seeing some updated renderings.
Not since the article that indicated it was back on the table.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations