HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jun 18, 2015, 10:09 PM
Proud Homer!

Regional chamber head says St. Louis needs 'swagger'

Regional chamber head says St. Louis needs 'swagger'
2 hours ago • By Jack Witthaus

Video Link

ST. LOUIS • When it comes to promoting the region, the head of the St. Louis Regional Chamber reached for the Urban Dictionary to define "swagger."

At a St. Louis Civic Pride event Thursday unveiling commercials touting the area, Joe Reagan said "swagger" was "how one presents him or herself to the world." Reagan, president and CEO of the St. Louis Regional Chamber, said this confidence should be used when telling others the story of St. Louis.

The St. Louis Civic Pride Foundation rolled out two commercials involving local celebrities to promote the region.

The commercials are slated to air for several weeks each year free of charge in the St. Louis regional market on a number of platforms.

The cost of the campaign, $80,000, was covered by a variety of sponsors.

The commercials' celebrities include Bob Costas, Miss Robbie, Joe Buck and Phyllis Smith. Celebrities are featured in well-known spots around St. Louis promoting various aspects of the region.

Read More

Old Posted Jul 29, 2015, 2:04 AM

I agree 110% that STL needs to get its "swagger" back. We used to be an absolute powerhouse and the 4th largest city in the U.S. Now i don't think we will ever reclaim that last part but we have alot of the necessary people, universities, infrastructure, history, and ability to become a great city again.

St. Louis is cool but even I, a native, didn't realize this till i turned 21. We need to do a better job of informing other people and increasing tourism. Also attracting large employers to the downtown area is crucial to the future success of the city and region.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest