HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 10:33 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post

San Antonio ISD:

https://www.saisd.net/admin/finance/...206-19-17.xlsx

(FYI: this link is a forced download .xls spreadsheet)

It doesn't have a specific category for Athletics, but I'm going to assume that athletics is some portion of the "co-curricular/extracurricular activities" line-item.

That would put the maximum athletics expenditures at $11,095,884 out of $594,638,217, a 1.87% share. The reality is probably that only a portion of that line-item is athletics related. Even if half that amount is athletics, that would still be .93% (still much higher than Austin's ISD).
That's exactly what I'm finding. Houston, Katy, Fort Worth...they all lump Athletics in with extracurricular activities (which also includes Fine Arts).

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 10:36 PM
7th Gen Central Texan

I was going off the eyeball test. I follow HS sports pretty closely. I help run a forum for 6A Texas Football. I have an idea what districts pay their coaches, what districts have amazing facilities, etc. Austin lags behind badly.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzppjb View Post
That's exactly what I'm finding. Houston, Katy, Fort Worth...they all lump Athletics in with extracurricular activities (which also includes Fine Arts).
My numbers for athletics came from page 413 of the FY 17 AISD budget, as did the rest of the stats I quoted (minus the national report card, as it came from both the AISD budget and the national report card). The AISD has athletics broken out as its own line item.
https://www.austinisd.org/budget

Last edited by eskimo33; Aug 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM. Reason: Updated page number from 406 to 413

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin