HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Oct 13, 2023, 6:10 AM

^^Vancouver, the place with 25% of the metro regions population, and maybe 15% of the regions developable land, builds less housing than the rest of the region with its 75% of the population and 85% of the land? You don't say...

Old Posted Dec 15, 2023, 4:38 AM

Paradox has applied to add an outdoor patio in front of the georgia street entrance for Karma Lounge. Development permit out front of building with some notices inside.

I truly wonder how well this version of the trump hotel is doing given they don't seem to attract business travelers.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2024, 6:05 PM
be nice to the crackheads

Bird's eye of Paradox from yesterday

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 9:43 PM

now if only they would fix the LED lighting down the sides of the building. I wonder if the stratas are debating who is on the hook for that, it has been broken for some time.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKB View Post
Paradox has applied to add an outdoor patio in front of the georgia street entrance for Karma Lounge. Development permit out front of building with some notices inside.

I truly wonder how well this version of the trump hotel is doing given they don't seem to attract business travelers.
Same. I'd be very curious to hear how they're doing granted they are operating as an independent as opposed to a part of one of the big chains.

Be especially curious to see how its doing compared to the Toronto property that has re-branded into the St.Regis part of the Marriott Family that no doubt while would cost much more in licensing, would also make it much easier to market to.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKB View Post

There's also a sign at the Georgia entrance saying that the main entrance to the hotel is off the alley (which is awkward unless arriving by car),
but I saw that at night, so maybe all the partyers at the Karma nightclub make it hard to enter the building from Georgia at night.

I can't remember, but the hotel isn't really all that big anyways, right?
Maybe 10 floors?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2024, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyaki View Post
Same. I'd be very curious to hear how they're doing granted they are operating as an independent as opposed to a part of one of the big chains.

Be especially curious to see how its doing compared to the Toronto property that has re-branded into the St.Regis part of the Marriott Family that no doubt while would cost much more in licensing, would also make it much easier to market to.
Although the Toronto one is a bit older, looking at a few listings for the residences at the Toronto St. Regis, the finishings/build/etc appear to be way higher end than any of the hotel associated residences here. Same can be said for the shangri-la in Toronto and the Ritz Carlton. The Shangri-la i would suggest is the most surprising given the location here and in Toronto are both built by westbank.

I would assume that if they were to take on a St Regis or other big brand hotel, renovations would have been extensive to match the incoming CI, plus the staffing requirements as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
There's also a sign at the Georgia entrance saying that the main entrance to the hotel is off the alley (which is awkward unless arriving by car),
but I saw that at night, so maybe all the partyers at the Karma nightclub make it hard to enter the building from Georgia at night.

I can't remember, but the hotel isn't really all that big anyways, right?
Maybe 10 floors?
Hotel goes to 22 i believe (minus all the floors that end in 4 and 13) plus there is pool/nightclub on 3.

The hotel check in is in the back during all hours, I believe it is discouraged for people to pass thru karma lounge to the LL where the check in is. Given that most arriving are by car and there is no stopping on Georgia 7-7 I guess it does make sense.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver