HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverUnder View Post
Anyone know if the alumni game is televised?
The Alumni game is on Sportsnet 360.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 7:10 PM
the first stamp is free

The game on Sunday is on Sportsnet - but not CBC. Seriously WTF? Imagine a Leafs outdoor game NOT being broadcast coast to coast on CBC.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
The game on Sunday is on Sportsnet - but not CBC. Seriously WTF? Imagine a Leafs outdoor game NOT being broadcast coast to coast on CBC.
It's actually not hard to imagine at all. The Leafs have an outdoor game on Jan 1 isn't scheduled to air on CBC. CBC doesn't hold NHL rights and their sublicensing agreement only pertains to Saturday night and playoff games, so not sure how the game would even air on CBC.

Last edited by cheswick; Oct 21, 2016 at 8:04 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 9:11 PM

Anyone notice how horrible the audio was for the sportsnet broadcast the other day? really not happy about this new deal. I love listening to to crowd at MTS and you can barley hear them even on a goal it's just muffled crowd noise. TSN does it right SN Drives me insane

Last edited by Oilkountry; Oct 26, 2016 at 2:18 PM.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 9:58 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilkountry View Post
Anyone notice how horrible the audio was for the sportsnet broadcast the day? really not happy about this new deal. I love listening to to crowd at MTS and you can barley hear them even on a goal it's just muffled crowd noise. TSN does it right SN Drives me insane
Im glad I'mnot the only one.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2016, 10:27 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Sportsnet has been crappy with their coverage, and I hate them so much.

Seriously, Bell Media couldn't dish out the extra dough to retain the national broadcast rights for the NHL, and yet, they were the better broadcaster.

Instead, you have Rogers coming in with all money in the world, and they have crappy colour commentators, along with absorbing what's left of CBC Sports into the mixture, making it an already fragile shell of its former self.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 4:26 AM

Was in Winnipeg for the Heritage Classic weekend. I thought I had a brilliant plan to educate my son about some of the players he was about to see at the Alumni Game as I knew the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame had a temporary exhibit on 60 years of pro hockey in Winnipeg. I must say the still under construction building looks huge. After wending our way through the surrounding construction we were told by a person at the front desk that the HOF was closed that day. Someone from the HOF came out and explained that most of their Jets stuff had been moved to the gala dinner at the Convention Centre the night before.

I explained what I was trying to do and instead of simply turning us away, the very kind person gave us a personal guided tour of the remaining hockey items. We then toured the HOF in general while he rummaged through packing crates of items that had made it back from the gala and pulled out numerous interesting items ("Here is Hedberg's blood-stained jersey..."). What could have been a major disappointment turned out to be one of the highlights of the weekend.

If you are a sports fan or a Jets fan in particular, stop in. It's an interesting little place.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2016, 9:30 PM

Trouba signed 2 year deal, $3M per. Just an update if you've been under a rock.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 3:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Trouba signed 2 year deal, $3M per. Just an update if you've been under a rock.
smart on both sides. Jets will get better a return and trouba will have no problem with potential landing spots. A one year deal wouldn't have been smart a 3M next season is a bonus for anyteam that picks him up. I can guarantee he will be out of Winnipeg this season

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:00 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
smart on both sides. Jets will get better a return and trouba will have no problem with potential landing spots. A one year deal wouldn't have been smart a 3M next season is a bonus for anyteam that picks him up. I can guarantee he will be out of Winnipeg this season
You clearly don't know how Chevy operates. He's gonna make overhardt pay for this

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 4:06 PM
There is always a way

Let's put it this way, unless the jets are offered a left handed Trouba, trouba isn't going anywhere. He's free to play on the KHL till he turns 27 if he likes.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
You clearly don't know how Chevy operates. He's gonna make overhardt pay for this
No, the jets are in a fantastic position right now. 3.5 Million for a D man of trouba's caliber is a steal. 2 million a season below market value. So what's the worst that can happen? trouba plays 2 more years in Winnipeg before we run into this again? or they get a great trade out of him but still didnt have to pay 5.5M in the meantime. We know chevy is giving him up for nothing. This was a great deal for the jets

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 8:23 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
No, the jets are in a fantastic position right now. 3.5 Million for a D man of trouba's caliber is a steal. 2 million a season below market value. So what's the worst that can happen? trouba plays 2 more years in Winnipeg before we run into this again? or they get a great trade out of him but still didnt have to pay 5.5M in the meantime. We know chevy is giving him up for nothing. This was a great deal for the jets
What I meant is that there's hardly a chance of Trouba being moved. Plus he rescinded his trade request. Chevy has no intention of moving him unless the perfect deal comes along. Especially now that he's got him below market on a bridge deal. Worst case scenario is that now we may have to pay him more next time contact talks come up.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 8:39 PM

on another note....Pavs is 38th in the AHL in GAA

wow

Old Posted Nov 8, 2016, 9:21 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusREIM View Post
Let's put it this way, unless the jets are offered a left handed Trouba, trouba isn't going anywhere. He's free to play on the KHL till he turns 27 if he likes.
IIRC, if he plays a year in the KHL (or any other pro league) he loses a year of UFA eligibility.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 4:07 AM

Laine with second hattie of the year. Also hit double digits in goals as he takes the lead.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 3:12 PM

On Trouba's contract. He's not really being underpaid. If you look at the contarct structure of most comparables, they also make $3M per for a year or two. Lindholm for example has one year at $3M and one at $3.75M.

It's his next contract where he 'needs' to sign for $6M per or he's losing out.

Also, he's rescinded the trade request. So we'll see if Chevy actually moves him. I don't think he's going anywhere by the sounds of it.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 3:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0twired View Post
IIRC, if he plays a year in the KHL (or any other pro league) he loses a year of UFA eligibility.
When I looked into how the NHL UFA eligibility works basically you have seasons played in the NHL and age of the player. Once one of those exceeds the threshold the player is UFA eligible. If Trouba did not sign by the deadline he would not include this season as being played. The trade off here is if he plays every season, including this year, he is eligible for UFA a season earlier than if he waits to age out.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
On Trouba's contract. He's not really being underpaid. If you look at the contarct structure of most comparables, they also make $3M per for a year or two. Lindholm for example has one year at $3M and one at $3.75M.

It's his next contract where he 'needs' to sign for $6M per or he's losing out.

Also, he's rescinded the trade request. So we'll see if Chevy actually moves him. I don't think he's going anywhere by the sounds of it.
Agree here.

Subban's bridge deal was under $3M per year and he had put up better numbers than Trouba in the 2 years leading up to that.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2016, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJYBR View Post
Agree here.

Subban's bridge deal was under $3M per year and he had put up better numbers than Trouba in the 2 years leading up to that.
Ah, but the cap is always rising. Subban signed that bridge in January 2013, after the lockout ended. Relative to the current cap, Trouba's deal is lower. An equivalent deal to Subban's for this season would have a cap hit of $3.5M.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan