HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
Isn't that the old Fairmont rendering in there? Or is that what it would look like from that angle?

Either way, that's pretty cool - very odd with the different angles, but at least the colors show roughly what it could look like. Thanks!
That's the current rendering but in reality you'd see less of the portion to the left.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Props to you AustinGoesVertical. I've been dying for someone to create a visual picture of what the Austin skyline will look like in a few years. Last one created was back in 2008.
Thanks, I've been dying for someone to make one too so I finally just decided to make it. It's not perfect, but it serves as a rough rendering or it can be an intriguing abstract image of Austin's skyline because of the weird angles. However people want to view it is fine.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
I'm not sure what to say. Maybe "nice try"?
I made it quick for Syndic because he was curious. I know it's not great, but it's really the best I could do given the images available to me. I also used PowerPoint to make it. I don't have photoshop lol

Old Posted Nov 25, 2015, 11:51 PM
World Traveler

I hear PowerPoint is the new Photoshop anyway, no worries!

I don't have Photoshop either, haha.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 7:25 AM

Spring groundbreaking?

The BISNOW article said this was starting in the Spring, but I thought it was supposed to break ground in November, or in other words any day now.

Also, the 5 bedroom, 2-story, 6,000 plus square foot penthouse starts at... $8,000,000

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 5:55 PM
Member since 2001

They may have meant going vertical. Adam Nims, head of Trammell Crow's Austin office was sited as saying they are already working on infrastructure for the rest of Green Water. I assume that after that is complete, they will begin site prep on Austin Proper.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 7:59 PM

I wonder if the plans for 3rd and Shoal will hurt pre sales. Who would buy a unit looking into another building when so many other condos are around?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
I wonder if the plans for 3rd and Shoal will hurt pre sales. Who would buy a unit looking into another building when so many other condos are around?
Plus the Google tower will block some of the views to the east. The condo portion of Austin Proper should have been ~150'+ taller to see above the neighbors.
I would think the view would be a main reason for spending so much on a condo. This is one of my favorite buildings, but I would be looking elsewhere if I were in the market for a Downtown condo.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 9:20 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

What are the chances that this building could be redesigned to account for 3rd and Shoal? Could we see a totally new tower rendering released before groundbreaking??

Also another thought. These projects are typically years in the making even before any announcement. You would think both developers would know about what the other was planning.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
What are the chances that this building could be redesigned to account for 3rd and Shoal? Could we see a totally new tower rendering released before groundbreaking??
I would guess zero.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 9:33 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
I would guess zero.
Well then hopefully they have taken the north facing units being completely blocked into consideration and have lowered prices accordingly. Who knows, they could end up being the cheapest condos in DT. I'm sure there are people who would gladly forego any sort of view for an affordable condo. After all the main appeal is location and convenience especially if they work in DT.

Then again there may be some people who might enjoy peering into the neighboring office tower watching the drama of office life unfold lol.

Better yet someone could get lucky and work at 3rd and Shoal with their desk facing out the window where they could look into their own condo LMAO!! That's taking the term work from home to a whole other level..

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 9:54 PM

I've been trying to figure out how the condo/hotel parts are arraigned. There are two amenity areas facing the creek but would it be as simple as all below the higher amenity is the hotel west/east sides of building. Or could there be another strange arrangement like all west facing is condo and all east is hotel except the hotel amenity? This is just not clearly defined such as the W was. Anyone have a clearer understanding of the distinction of the condo/hotel?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 10:03 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanwolf View Post
I've been trying to figure out how the condo/hotel parts are arraigned. There are two amenity areas facing the creek but would it be as simple as all below the higher amenity is the hotel west/east sides of building. Or could there be another strange arrangement like all west facing is condo and all east is hotel except the hotel amenity? This is just not clearly defined such as the W was. Anyone have a clearer understanding of the distinction of the condo/hotel?
Yea I'm curious about that as well.

Another thought I'm having is do we even know if the entire north side of the building will have windows? Except for one of the earliest renderings, none have given a clear view of the north side. Most of the angles look at the building from the southwest with a few looking east or west. I went back to the first page at the rendering where the side if the building had those interesting lines which made me wonder if there were going to be windows going the whole way across. It could he that there are windows which wrap around alittle on the northside but then it's just a blank wall. The design has been tweaked since but it may be something similar to that first rendering on page one.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 11:05 PM
Meh

Quote:

Another thought I'm having is do we even know if the entire north side of the building will have windows? Except for one of the earliest renderings, none have given a clear view of the north side. Most of the angles look at the building from the southwest with a few looking east or west. I went back to the first page at the rendering where the side if the building had those interesting lines which made me wonder if there were going to be windows going the whole way across. It could he that there are windows which wrap around alittle on the northside but then it's just a blank wall. The design has been tweaked since but it may be something similar to that first rendering on page one.
It's not very clear, but there are what appears to be window bays on the north side of the building. if you view the site plan on the city's website, it shows the elevation from north. The file with the north elevation is 009.

Quote:
The link to the elevations has been fixed. This will be 381' and 32-stories. Floor 33 is mechanical.

https://www.austintexas.gov/devrevie...erRSN=11306629

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 11:21 PM

I think we need to wait for the second site plan to be approved and released to know the exact height.
I don't know why this project has two site plans on file, but the one that is not yet approved seems to be more for the building itself. The released one is for the land use.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 11:40 PM

Quote:

It's a tiered system, hotel on bottom and condos on top. Units wrap all the way around N/E/S/W. As best I can figure average $/ft is in the $800's

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonytoony View Post
It's a tiered system, hotel on bottom and condos on top. Units wrap all the way around N/E/S/W. As best I can figure average $/ft is in the $800's
Here is a link to condo floorplans. The alley facing units are slated to have windows. http://www.liveaustinproper.com/cont...x17-100515.pdf

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austlar1 View Post
Here is a link to condo floorplans. The alley facing units are slated to have windows. http://www.liveaustinproper.com/cont...x17-100515.pdf
I can only imagine what that FIVE BEDROOM 6,000 SQFT unit is going to go for.....

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGoesVertical View Post

Also, the 5 bedroom, 2-story, 6,000 plus square foot penthouse starts at... $8,000,000

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 2:53 AM
World Traveler

I'll take two. One for me, one for my guests.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin