HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Jun 23, 2014, 1:58 AM

State Street

I'm still new to Chicago but was walking down State Street last night and couldn't help how wish that Chicago did more to try and make it into a more lively street. The Chicago theater is really the only neon light that really stands out. I remember the 300N Michigan development wanting to make a times square esque area in Chicago (which I think would be a great idea considering times square is the most popular visitor sight). It seems like they did have state street development in the past (or even more recently with block 37) . Plus State street development could spur more retail, office, residential development in near south loop and the south loop.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2014, 1:13 PM

I've always felt State street is more of a service to residents than visitors. It's vibrant daytime but tends to be quiet later evenings and Sundays. I think there needs to be more entertainment venues and good restaurants (maybe on wabash) to create a stable after work and weekend crowd.

With new hotels and growing numbers of students it has most definitely gotten busier. But more apartments and condos, restaurants and entertainment venues would help even more.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest