HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Apr 1, 2018, 4:49 AM

I've been lurking in the SAC sight for over 15 years, which was long before entertaining the idea of moving here. Coming from Chicago and San Francisco, I am used to exciting and often controversial architectural designs, and thriving, congested downtowns. Not like that here in SAC. That being said, I've lived two years near 6th and I Streets, and witness the explosive activity happening in downtown and the arena, and the increasing bustle of Midtown. I intend to use my new iPhone camera for some posts in the immediate future. Being retired, I will consider your photo requests. I hope this sub thread remains for what is being billed as California's fastest growing city, and next boom town.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 2:07 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Is being a dick just a hobby of yours or is it a full time job? How old do you reckon this section is? Would you say at least 10 years? And FYI that is the number of years in a decade. And when it was started there were skyscrapers uc or proposed. But if your argument is going to be about the number of skyscrapers being built then you’d better shut down the DC section because they legally cannot build skyscrapers in that city.
Wow

Did anyone else catch this?

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 5:09 PM

Hi everyone,

I have also been a lurker for years. Because of hearing of its removal i made an account. Moved from Michigan with family to the Sac metro 15 yrs ago and was elated then later disappointed with all the proposals that fell through during the recession. Have lived in SF for a few yrs as a finished school but now I am back. Have seen a lot of changes there for sure. But I see sooooo much potential here. Know of individuals trying to make bigger things happen.

Sacramento is on the verge of something bigger for sure, provided the economy stays relatively stable. The minute this thread goes down, which i hope it doesn't. Something big will be proposed and others may follow. I support the thread being simplified. But I really hope it stays.

I will do my best to capture photos and post and I do have a fairly good ear on the ground about what is going on or might be in the works.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbr View Post
Hi everyone,

I have also been a lurker for years. Because of hearing of its removal i made an account. Moved from Michigan with family to the Sac metro 15 yrs ago and was elated then later disappointed with all the proposals that fell through during the recession. Have lived in SF for a few yrs as a finished school but now I am back. Have seen a lot of changes there for sure. But I see sooooo much potential here. Know of individuals trying to make bigger things happen.

Sacramento is on the verge of something bigger for sure, provided the economy stays relatively stable. The minute this thread goes down, which i hope it doesn't. Something big will be proposed and others may follow. I support the thread being simplified. But I really hope it stays.

I will do my best to capture photos and post and I do have a fairly good ear on the ground about what is going on or might be in the works.
Welcome! Glad that you've come out of the shadows.

I support simplifying the sub-forum as well, but I'd hate to see it disappear.

I look forward to photos and other posts from you. Remember, we love a good rumor here; so if you got something interesting to say, you're more than welcome to say it!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area