HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 22, 2012, 7:20 PM

Shade is #1. Some mature trees like the ones that line Mill Ave. would be a great addition. Phoenix needs more trees in general, the dirt median's with no landscaping all over the city are atrocious. The landscaping project on Scottsdale Rd. in South Scottsdale looks fantastic, Phoenix should just copy that... everywhere!

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 AM

^ All that costs money to build and maintain, and the majority of people that live in Phoenix don't want to pay for it.

--don

Old Posted Jul 24, 2012, 12:57 AM

I live in Phoenix and have family all over, and I don't recall seeing any dirt medians even in Maryvale. Maryvale, not surprisingly because of its age, has old growth trees in the medians in most of its neighborhoods. The newer hoods (around 91st) don't because they don't have medians. What I find more atrocious than dirt medians are medians filled with rocks!

As for shade, yes, the city needs to keep planting leafy trees throughout downtown as areas develop. They did a good job planting Civic Space Park and down 1st Street. I hope they keep that up. They could use some trees along Roosevelt for sure.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 3:59 AM
skyscrapers!

Just cover DT Phoenix in ficus trees. That's the only tree that provides decent shade up there.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 5:28 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by poconoboy61 View Post
Just cover DT Phoenix in ficus trees. That's the only tree that provides decent shade up there.
Ficus trees are water hogs. They're not allowed to be planted in streets in Phoenix as they use too much water.

Plus personally I associate them so much with LA, I'd rather go with something else. There are plenty of native and non native trees that aren't water hogs that also provide good shade (Texas Fan ash being a personal favorite).

Old Posted Jul 28, 2012, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam View Post
Ficus trees are water hogs. They're not allowed to be planted in streets in Phoenix as they use too much water.

Plus personally I associate them so much with LA, I'd rather go with something else. There are plenty of native and non native trees that aren't water hogs that also provide good shade (Texas Fan ash being a personal favorite).
Yep, I'd be fine with Texas ash tree's being planted all over downtown.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2012, 11:23 PM
BANNED

I wasn't going to post in this thread because I think the whole premise on which it is based upon is stupid. Some dumb fuck wrote a triangle argument about what he thinks Phoenix needs and we didn't ignore it, why?

Anyway, all I have to say is mark is right and Hoover is wrong. You can always put more clothes on, but once you get to a certain point you can't remove any more.

Fwiw I'm far far far from a fat slob and I still say there are days when wearing a tank top isn't an option to stay cool. Besides. Who would wear a tank top in public, what are we 13 year old skateboarding kids?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest