HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 4:45 AM
Up Up and Away

Thanks for sharing.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 11:28 AM
Back from the dead

Very interesting but ...uh....the "Snob" hotel ? Who is that supposed to be appeal to ? Ha ha

Old Posted Jan 5, 2010, 1:29 PM
FUS RO DAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
Very interesting but ...uh....the "Snob" hotel ? Who is that supposed to be appeal to ? Ha ha
I got curious when you talked about it, and I found the website.
http://www.snobhotel.com.br/index1.htm

there is a video and from it, its NOT an hotel at all, but a MOTEL.

And motels in Brazil are not for sleeping. They are for having sex. (you usually dont even pay for a full 24 hours, but for 2-4 hours.

Now, I have no idea why these idiots from Snob Hotel called their place a HOTEL, because it IS NOT... and with that name, it will surely CONFUSE people looking for an hotel!

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.K. View Post
remember, nobody here is interested in Brazil like i was, only north hemisphery here is important. So why are u still fighting?...
Maybe for the majority of us, but there are still plenty of us North Hemisphere people who enjoy seeing threads of Brasilian cities.

Regarding those who think they can "understand Brasil" by visiting Florianapolis: LMFAO!

Listen, there are a lot of USAers on the board that still cannot fathom that Brasil has nearly 200 million in population, 26 states, 1 Federal Capital, 6th largest population in the world, 10th largest world economy, and over 20 metropolitan areas with over 1,000,000 in population, including a couple of the world's largest cities.

They want to distill the Brasilian experience into one beach city in the south, known for great surfing. Attempting to understand Brasil by visiting multiple urban areas (and countryside) is too daunting of a task to comprehend. It would take too much work and brain power. They'd rather have their Ipod tell them everything they need to know about life.

Furthermore, since most of us only get 2-3 weeks vacation/year, it's difficult for anyone to make the time - or spend the money getting to know a country so vast and complex.

In conclusion, for the few USAers who have casual interest will simply check the minimal statistics of both countires and say: "Yes, Brasil is big, but we are bigger and have a lot more money, so Brasil is no threat to our power". And that, my friends, is the end of their analysis. Unfortunate, but true.

That's the USA for ya!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 9:15 PM

Wonderful.

Rio is a not without its troubles for sure, but in American money you get Manhattan, New Orleans, San Francisco, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica and Malibu all rolled into one, so to speak, and not many cities can say that.

Those who are disappointed should see some of the residential neighborhoods.

palermodude, I'm afraid the attitude you mention is not exclusive to Americans but is common to the tourist mentality. Travelling is becoming ever more affordable but people don't have the time or the inclination to really get to know the places they visit. They have a consumer outlook and a short attention span. They expect to be entertained non-stop by a sensorial overdose. They want the Vegas experience. Eiffel Tower to the left click click, Coliseum to the right click click, back to the hotel.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2010, 12:09 PM
FUS RO DAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palermodude View Post
Maybe for the majority of us, but there are still plenty of us North Hemisphere people who enjoy seeing threads of Brasilian cities.

Regarding those who think they can "understand Brasil" by visiting Florianapolis: LMFAO!

Listen, there are a lot of USAers on the board that still cannot fathom that Brasil has nearly 200 million in population, 26 states, 1 Federal Capital, 6th largest population in the world, 10th largest world economy, and over 20 metropolitan areas with over 1,000,000 in population, including a couple of the world's largest cities.

They want to distill the Brasilian experience into one beach city in the south, known for great surfing. Attempting to understand Brasil by visiting multiple urban areas (and countryside) is too daunting of a task to comprehend. It would take too much work and brain power. They'd rather have their Ipod tell them everything they need to know about life.

Furthermore, since most of us only get 2-3 weeks vacation/year, it's difficult for anyone to make the time - or spend the money getting to know a country so vast and complex.

In conclusion, for the few USAers who have casual interest will simply check the minimal statistics of both countires and say: "Yes, Brasil is big, but we are bigger and have a lot more money, so Brasil is no threat to our power". And that, my friends, is the end of their analysis. Unfortunate, but true.

That's the USA for ya!

my own opinion of Brazil is biased towards the Florianopolis side, because I live in the south of the country, thus, in a sense, this is Brazil to me.

(although the 3 southernmost states are in reality a small part of the country and some people might say they do not really represent Brazil, its still 28 million people in these 3 states)

Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 11:26 PM

Awesome, I really think it's the "best" downtown of Brazil!

Thanks for sharing!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2010, 11:28 AM

What I can say to our northern friends is that if you ever take the time to come to Brazil, and pay Rio a visit, you will not be disappointed.
Sure there are problems, "cariocas" and brazilians in general will never try to make you believe otherwise. Still, Rio is an unbelieveably beautiful and charming city!!!
Plus, Rio is much more than the "cliche": beach, samba, soccer!
Rio has many art galleries, museums, theaters, music halls, very good restaurants, beautiful parks, varied architeture... in short: anything you can find in the best world metropolis, in a stunning natural lanscape.
So, do yourself a favor: add Rio to your bucket list !!!!!
Tom Jobim

Old Posted May 1, 2010, 3:49 PM

A place where you can go to the beach after work, and work looking at the sea next door.

Fantastic!

This pic is nice too

Old Posted May 25, 2010, 7:17 PM

I only saw downtown Rio on the City Tour. Really wish I had explored it more but my few days there were mostly taken with pre-paid excursions. You know - Sugar Loaf, Corcovado, tropical island! etc.

Old Posted May 25, 2010, 7:55 PM

Incredible!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos