HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Boardwalk at Bricktown - Legends Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Oklahoma City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 4, 2024, 5:22 PM
Big City Enthusiast

correct. we probably won't know the actual height for a few years since it's dependent upon how the phase I sells. And consider these are leasible residences you wont have
"pre-sales" like you would condos. I know they plan on having some hotel-condos but that would be in the Dream Hotel tower, the other two (of Phase 1) will be rental/lease.

I think it might be fair to put Legends Tower as Vision for the 1907' height but it is not vision as a project, it is phase 2 of a project very much in development/planning (already approved to 345' like the rest of the site). I do think it is smart for them to clear the variance now, as opposed to building phase 1 and THEN trying to get 1907' from perhaps a different government.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2024, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
correct. we probably won't know the actual height for a few years since it's dependent upon how the phase I sells. And consider these are leasible residences you wont have
"pre-sales" like you would condos. I know they plan on having some hotel-condos but that would be in the Dream Hotel tower, the other two (of Phase 1) will be rental/lease.

I think it might be fair to put Legends Tower as Vision for the 1907' height but it is not vision as a project, it is phase 2 of a project very much in development/planning (already approved to 345' like the rest of the site). I do think it is smart for them to clear the variance now, as opposed to building phase 1 and THEN trying to get 1907' from perhaps a different government.
An observation deck should still be included even if the height is scaled down to about 1,000 feet.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 1:31 AM

I tried registering on OKCTalk about 3 times but the mod team is incompetent and keeps denying me because I'm such a security threat. I was genuinely surprised when I found they required 80 layers to become a new member. Anyway I found FAA filings submitted for this tower at 1,907 FT and construction for the complex being between 09/01/2024 to 09/01/2030.

Cranes were also submitted.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 4:54 PM

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...s/72654875007/

Quote:
Scot Matteson is doubling down on his insistence that not only can he build the country’s tallest skyscraper in Oklahoma City's Lower Bricktown, but that he now has the $1.5 billion development, including three other towers, fully financed to proceed on what is now a surface parking lot...

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
I tried registering on OKCTalk about 3 times but the mod team is incompetent and keeps denying me because I'm such a security threat. I was genuinely surprised when I found they required 80 layers to become a new member.
It seems some city forums don't like members from outside of their city. I once tried multiple times to join a forum for a city where I do not live. Each time I was required to answer multiple questions about that city which could be easily Googled. After answering the questions correctly, the next step was for forum Admin to consider my membership request. Each time I never heard back. Another city forum actually posted in their sign up section that people from outside their area might want to reconsider joining.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
It seems some city forums don't like members from outside of their city. I once tried multiple times to join a forum for a city where I do not live. Each time I was required to answer multiple questions about that city which could be easily Googled. After answering the questions correctly, the next step was for forum Admin to consider my membership request. Each time I never heard back. Another city forum actually posted in their sign up section that people from outside their area might want to reconsider joining.
What an odd rule but that's probably it. I wonder what happens to people who've lived in OKC their whole life but moved away... use a VPN? Anyway hopefully this project moves forward!

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 3:18 AM

Wish me luck. I tried to start a thread but couldn't. I will be going before the Wichita City Council on March 19th and have a petition with 923 signatures. The project will be 500 feet to the observation area. Here is the petition. https://www.change.org/p/the-wichita...rofile_started

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 5:40 PM
Big City Enthusiast

hm, on behalf of OKCTalk community, I am saddened to hear folks are not able to join. I personally am an OKC expat but I've been active with OKC development since long before OKC has become more of a household name. I know the admin and owner of OKCTalk and they are very competent and promote discourse on OKC. I think what might have been happening is controls were put in place at OKC Talk due to bot hacking, so to ensure real people are signing up rather than some nefarious (OKCTalk did get taken down by a hack, for example).

Anyway - feel free to post nationally as we/local OKC posters do look here and try to post/provide info, if you're not able to join OKCTalk directly.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 6:56 PM

All is well! I sort of posted under frustration but I will post any updates I find here.

For some reason the crane filings were shorter than the actual tower? That typically isn't the case but there may be an exception here.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 9:58 PM
Big City Enthusiast

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 11:41 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
I'd love to believe this but have a hard time doing so.

Love to be proved wrong.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2024, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattleigh View Post
There's absolutely zero demand for such a product in Wichita. Fidelity Bank couldn't even get it's 10-story building out of the ground, and that was announced pre-pandemic.

That's not to say there's nothing happening in the city or South Central Kansas as a whole - actually the amount of activity happening downtown is fairly positive.

I probably should start a thread in the Midwest section about it since there's been a decent amount of renovation happening with older/existing building stock. The newer construction is smaller, but complementary to what's already there.
I have a petition with 1,000 signatures. The Epic Center has no observatory area up high or anywhere for that matter so I will fight for something like an icon in Wichita. It is going to be an icon not a building. How much longer does Wichita have to go without building something taller? What I am suggesting will bring tourism to the city. If I can't go to the roof of the Epic Center then I am fighting for something at least of similar height if not taller.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 12:03 AM

Quote:
There's absolutely zero demand for such a product in Wichita. Fidelity Bank couldn't even get it's 10-story building out of the ground, and that was announced pre-pandemic.

That's not to say there's nothing happening in the city or South Central Kansas as a whole - actually the amount of activity happening downtown is fairly positive.

I probably should start a thread in the Midwest section about it since there's been a decent amount of renovation happening with older/existing building stock. The newer construction is smaller, but complementary to what's already there.
I remember that one group Penumbra who flat out lied to the people of Wichita and they were talking about bring the whole circus with them. I am asking for one thing not dozens. People act is if I asking for the original Twin Towers to be rebuilt in downtown Wichita. Also you need to look to cities like Tulsa and Des Moines and ask why don't we have something bigger. 601 Grand was built between 1989 and 1991 which is a 45 story 630 foot tall building in small little city Des Moines, IA.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsdatcharlie View Post
I Have a question, where can i find the permit filed for this building?
Another thing the Epic Center was built between 1985 and 1987. So how is it impossible for something bigger to be built in downtown Wichita in 2024. The Epic Center is 385 feet tall. I wonder how it is possible that the actual height of the building is not the official height. That makes no sense at all. I had a drone company who is at the Garmin Center measure the Epic Center for me and they got a reading of 387 feet AGL on their drone when measuring the building from the bottom to the highest point on the roof.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 5:37 PM
Big City Enthusiast

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 9:03 PM

Quote:
hm, on behalf of OKCTalk community, I am saddened to hear folks are not able to join. I personally am an OKC expat but I've been active with OKC development since long before OKC has become more of a household name. I know the admin and owner of OKCTalk and they are very competent and promote discourse on OKC. I think what might have been happening is controls were put in place at OKC Talk due to bot hacking, so to ensure real people are signing up rather than some nefarious (OKCTalk did get taken down by a hack, for example).

Anyway - feel free to post nationally as we/local OKC posters do look here and try to post/provide info, if you're not able to join OKCTalk directly.
Yep I'm on there contributing. Mostly on the Austin and Dallas subforum.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 10:23 PM

Old Posted Mar 12, 2024, 10:45 PM

Quote:

I am tired of hearing the negative people of Wichita on big ticket items. Yes it can happen. Back in the 1960s people used to say the St Louis Arch would never work Look at it now. Do you honestly believe that no one would visit a large icon in Wichita? You don't think it would bring tourism to downtown Wichita? I think there has been enough of this short crap and nothing big being built. It is getting old and there is no excuse for it anymore.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 1:02 AM
Space Magi

This thread is truly one for the ages. It's like a little microcosm of the entire website lol.

Unrealistic building proposed
Cool rendering.jpg
Polarized takes
Observation deck
Random small city boosterism

I love it.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2024, 2:43 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Dude View Post
That link has been posted several times already... it's a claim made by the developer only which has yet to be independently verified so far as I can tell. Maybe I'm being unfair but to me this Scott Matteson guy gives off major scam artist vibes... so I'll believe this claim when I see proof of it.

-Bob Marley

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects