HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 5:39 AM
Kodachrome

California Family Fitness will be just fine... I bet this will be their classiest
location and they will go the extra mile to fit in with it's upscale location.

All good news... glad you guys had a good time.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:16 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12
Majin, you owe me $1,000. 621 has now officially broken ground. To me, whenever you post something, it just sounds like a little boy whining in the background. Why don't you grow some balls and pay me the money you owe me. You little bitch.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:18 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninsac
Ch. 3 news just had a story about 301 CM. They said Saca spent $20 million of his own money on demolition and wants the city to cut or eliminate the various fees involved with the project to make it easier for him to start construction. Saca also said that 301 CM is now a $500 million project and that he will shortly announce his equity partner who will be financing the majority of the project. He also mentioned that both towers will be 25 stories tall by this time next year.

Hmmm,

I wonder if the city is going to be willing to do that?

Equity partner will be Cal Pers

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:30 AM
NIMBY Hater

Jim, is that speculation?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 7:03 AM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe
Jim, is that speculation?

Yep

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 2:45 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8

I was leaving work and saw the this... the open house, can't wait to hear the good news.
Wow, red carpet !

Mike, this looks like a fly-by photo

Last edited by sactivity; Mar 24, 2006 at 2:52 PM.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 2:50 PM
4give me for I have Zin'd

Quote:
Majin, you owe me $1,000. 621 has now officially broken ground. To me, whenever you post something, it just sounds like a little boy whining in the background. Why don't you grow some balls and pay me the money you owe me. You little bitch.
FREAKIN' HILARIOUS

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:02 PM

I was there as well --- great event. I also was pleasantly surprised with the mixture in age & ethnicity as well. Ran into a few old friends I had no idea were buying. From what I know the floor plans have been changed around a bit. Some units they added sq ft & some they removed. The model kitchen looked fantastic.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim*high
I also was pleasantly surprised with the mixture in age & ethnicity as well.
Brandon and I made that same comment last night. I was honestly thinking it would be more of a old white crowd. There were white, black, asian and hispanic. Ages were all over the place

Very pleasant surprise.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim*high
I was there as well --- great event. I also was pleasantly surprised with the mixture in age & ethnicity as well. Ran into a few old friends I had no idea were buying. From what I know the floor plans have been changed around a bit. Some units they added sq ft & some they removed. The model kitchen looked fantastic.
You're right. I mentioned the mixture of ages before, but thanks for mentioning the nice mix of race/ethnicity- that really good to see.

I wish we'd known you were going, it would have been nice to meet you.

As for kitchens, I think Aura's is more dramatic from what I've seen of inov8's photos, and possibly nicer, although I don't know my way around name brands in Kitchen appliances.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:17 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

KCRA reported last night at 11:00 p.m. that John Saca's Equity Partner will be a Sacramento based entity with a very large national investment portfolio.

As I (and Brandon) have said repeatedly, Cal Pers.

BTW if Cal Pers is (the equity partner), then there must be a pretty sizeable profit margin for them to do so. They normally don't involve themselves in risky investments.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_encounter
KCRA reported last night at 11:00 p.m. that John Saca's Equity Partner will be a Sacramento based entity with a very large national investment portfolio.

BTW if Cal Pers is (the equity partner), then there must be a pretty sizeable profit margin for them to do so. They normally don't involve themselves in risky investments.
Not surprising. CalPERS has been big on investing in urban developement. They gave CIM Group 100M a couple years ago to invest in urban development

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 6:25 PM

Quote:

Urban,

I think you're generally right about Calpers' historical risk aversion, but I've read in several places lately that they plan to seek greater risk/returns in the near future (they have a new Chief Investment Officer that is starting real soon (if he hasn't started already)

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 7:06 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
Urban,

I think you're generally right about Calpers' historical risk aversion, but I've read in several places lately that they plan to seek greater risk/returns in the near future (they have a new Chief Investment Officer that is starting real soon (if he hasn't started already)

I know that one of their new investment strategies is to involves urban projects.

Does anyone know what Cal Pers investment protfolio looks like? Or rather how much is Cal Pers worth??? I know it's billions, but I'm not sure exactly how much.

I think if I had a choice between Cal Pers and a Fortune 500 Company I would definitely keep Cal Pers HQ locally.

As a Fortune 500 Comapny they would probably be at the very top...

They're flush with $$$$$

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 8:04 PM

CalPERS is the obvious choice, but is there a chance that it might be CalSTRS?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 9:36 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Here's the KCRA 3 report.

http://www.kcra.com/video/8233689/index.html

(In the report they're noting the towers to be 54 stories.)

Can Brandon or Los Lobos confirm this?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 9:43 PM

Quote:
Here's the KCRA 3 report.

http://www.kcra.com/video/8233689/index.html

(In the report they're noting the towers to be 54 stories.)

Can Brandon or Los Lobos confirm this?
I can't confirm it. I don't think anyone can. We might not know until they top out!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 9:59 PM
“The Big EasyChair”

Quote:
I can't confirm it. I don't think anyone can. We might not know until they top out!

What leads me to think that they are is that everywhere it says 53, yet KCRA reported 54. So I'm wondering if they didn't provide that detail to him??

Oh well it's just fun speculating. Construction on CM is really starting to pick up the pace.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 10:22 PM

Calpers has a total portfolio worth $207.2 billion as of January. They have been putting more in urban development and real estate lately; although, I'm not sure how much.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2006, 10:24 PM

CalSTRS weighed in at $127 billion last April. I'd Imagine they're pushing $140 if their investments are doing well.
http://www.standup4cc.com/news/06_02_01_calstrs.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area