HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Well the land sold to the developer, doesn't necessarily mean its a go. Need to secure funding and zoning first. This is one of the projects I'm most excited about right now to be honest. Congress expressway needs to be lined with towers just like the Kennedy. Then we can start working on lining the Dan Ryan with them.
The zoning is already there. This has already gone before the plan commission for approval. More than likely it's already received zoning and the full council approval as well.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 12:13 PM
The City

^ Good to know this. I imagine the developer is moving forward on the land because they have good indicators to believe that this project is a go

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 5:18 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Also, I'm taking about the section of the Dan Ryan immediately South of Congress by university village and the big DS zoned district. Just as I am not suggesting high rises along 290 in Garfield park or along the Kennedy in Avondale.
I knew whatcha meant

Something about remembering the RTH and SG highrise wall as a kid gives me a real warm and fuzzy. It probably shouldn't but it does.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 7:56 PM

Crane for 1000 S. Clark is on its way down.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 8:28 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Also, I'm taking about the section of the Dan Ryan immediately South of Congress by university village and the big DS zoned district. Just as I am not suggesting high rises along 290 in Garfield park or along the Kennedy in Avondale.
I, for one, think there should be some at least midrises near the Belmont stop of the Blue Line, and even the other highway stops north from there, as well as near 35th Street on the Red.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2015, 9:43 PM
tilted & shifted

465 N. Park Drive

Per SOAR, the height of 465 N. Park has been raised to 535 feet (it was 513 feet).

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 12:07 AM

Saw some new construction fencing around the building portion of atrium village on Wells. Any updates out there?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 7:09 AM

Recently Completed

Hey guys! I finally taught myself how to post photos. I was in town a few weeks back so my u/c photos are already out of date. But I thought I would share a few photos of recently completed projects. Enjoy!

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 7:15 AM

Dont know what happened to these two

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 11:53 AM

About time!!!

Landlord plans to wedge 41-story high-rise next to Millennium Park

A 41-story residential/hotel tower could soon rise on one of the most prominent sites in the city, just across the street from Millennium Park.
BJB Partners, the Park Ridge-based owner of the Millennium Park Plaza apartment building at Michigan Avenue and Randolph Street, plans to build skinny high-rise on a small parcel just south of the building, according to an easement filed last month with the Cook County Recorder. The BJB venture that owns the lot at 151 N. Michigan Ave. “is desirous of constructing an approximately 41-story hotel and 74 dwelling unit building” on the...

Last edited by Chicago_Forever; Sep 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 12:32 PM

^^ Skinnyscrapers, here we come

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Forever View Post

A 41-story residential/hotel tower could soon rise on one of the most prominent sites in the city, just across the street from Millennium Park.
BJB Partners, the Park Ridge-based owner of the Millennium Park Plaza apartment building at Michigan Avenue and Randolph Street, plans to build skinny high-rise on a small parcel just south of the building, according to an easement filed last month with the Cook County Recorder. The BJB venture that owns the lot at 151 N. Michigan Ave. “is desirous of constructing an approximately 41-story hotel and 74 dwelling unit building” on the...
If what you post comes from a story and is not your own information, you must post a link...

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/reale...-from-chicagos

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:01 PM

Quote:

Didn't see mention of a train entrance. There should really be a prominent train entrance at that corner with a tower standing over it.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:16 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Sept 1, 2015 - Block 37 resi, River Point and Wolf Point resi all visible

Image courtesy of Scott https://www.flickr.com/photos/31844136@N05/21082104181/

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:34 PM

Quote:
That's this proposal from back in 2007, right? Is it still the same design, or are they starting fresh? I liked the boxy nature of it and the recessed balconies.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:51 PM
tilted & shifted

^^^ I remember wanting this one to get built so badly. Glad to see something may be built on that site.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKChaz View Post
Didn't see mention of a train entrance. There should really be a prominent train entrance at that corner with a tower standing over it.
I used to live in the apartment building currently there. That corner is always overly packed with people because of the long lights. Why would you put a huge train entrance there to only make it worse when there are 2 entrances across the street?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 3:05 PM
Urbane observer

Yeah, there's an entrance 150 feet to the east in the Prudential Building if you're coming from that area. Where we desperately need an entrance to Millennium Station is from Millennium Park itself. The lack of a crosswalk on the south side of Randolph means folks have to cross all three streets when headed to or from a concert. The infrastructure already is in place (exit stairs from the Grant Park Garage), it just requires negotiating with LAZ Parking.

On second thought, it's probably easier to get a $30 million CMAQ grant and install a new stairway in the Randolph Street sidewalk.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 3:07 PM

I'm routinely at that corner (Mich/Randolph) and always grumble to myself about the wasted opportunity with that strange useless dodecahedron structure there. Glad things are possibly on the move ahead. Like ChiHi said, there's usually a massive crush of pedestrians there, all failing to be captured by any kind of active use. The residential potential is interesting because of the possible views, but the ground level is what I'd really like to see upgraded.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron38 View Post
That's this proposal from back in 2007, right? Is it still the same design, or are they starting fresh? I liked the boxy nature of it and the recessed balconies.

That's such a great location they should give it another 20+ floors.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations