HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 8:58 PM

I've got nothing against development either, but if you've never driven on the Niagara Road it's a twisty road with several blind corners and is relatively narrow with no real shoulders and no side walks.

My thought isn't so much the water pollution but the safety of people living on that road with that many trucks driving on it everyday.

There's already a gravel pit there which would have it's share of truck traffic then to put that from an Asphalt plant on top of that.

I think the correct answer on why they don't move into an industrial park is money. I am sure the land there is significantly cheaper than in an industrial park, and it's only 10-15 minutes to the Gunningsville Bridge from there.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2015, 9:37 PM

If they were to use the Pine Glen Road to truck their product, it is worthy of note that when the Kent wind farm expanded a few years ago, PG Rd. was literally, honestly destroyed by a few heavy trucks hauling the blades and towers to Caledonia Mountain. The same will happen in short order with pavement-filled trucks, no doubt.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2015, 5:56 PM

Homestead Restaurant to re-open Nov. 18
Quote:
The Homestead Restaurant in Riverview is closed for renovations, but will soon reopen with a brand new kitchen.
https://www.telegraphjournal.com/tim...ant-to-re-open

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 2:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Dexter Construction has "temporarily" withdrawn their application for that asphalt plant on the Niagara Road. I think they are feeling the heat.

This is not going away however. They still plan on moving their plant from the Gorge Road to the Riverview side of the Petitcodiac because the aggregate they use to make their asphalt apparently comes from Albert County. I think they still want to use this property on Niagara Road. Dexter just wants to try and quell the opposition prior to making a reapplication.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2015, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Anyone know what is to happen with the old operations center?
The T&T has a story about Riverview's budget deliberations today, and it mentioned the old location will be sold.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2015, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
The T&T has a story about Riverview's budget deliberations today, and it mentioned the old location will be sold.
OK Thanks for the info. Hoping it will become a spot for apartments or condos but probably not.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 7:06 AM

I had talked about the potential of a Car wash on Whitepine Rd. It was not the land that was to be constructed on previously but I was right the lot located next to the Tim Horton's. 521 Whitepine Road has been rezoned for a commercial car wash back in 2013. Unfortunately it will not be developed by the current owners The lot, and Building plans are currently available for sale but it could be a go in the near future.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 4:49 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
I'm hearing this is the new home of AC Stevenson & Partners accounting firm. Pinewood Road is nearly completely developed. Hopefully this will spur some action on the other side of the road.
This is starting to look like something...

and on the other side of the road there is a crane setting I-beams.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2016, 3:18 PM
Random Contributor

A new "Board Game Cafe"

A new licenced restaurant idea opening in Riverview’s Chocolate River Station. Unplugged Cafe will make gourmet sandwiches and hot dogs and offer a place to play any board game for $5 for unlimited play.

They are successful in Fredericton and will open in Riverview in 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/Unplugged-5...65377/?fref=nf

Menu http://www.unpluggedgamescafe.com/#!menu/c5hf

Old Posted Jan 4, 2016, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
A new licenced restaurant idea opening in Riverview’s Chocolate River Station. Unplugged Cafe will make gourmet sandwiches and hot dogs and offer a place to play any board game for $5 for unlimited play.

They are successful in Fredericton and will open in Riverview in 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/Unplugged-5...65377/?fref=nf

Menu http://www.unpluggedgamescafe.com/#!menu/c5hf
I have been to the one in Fredericton and had a blast plating games from my childhood. Great place for a fun date or with some friends. Great concept and glad to see it come to Moncton. I don't usually go across the bridge a whole lot but might have to now haha

Old Posted Jan 9, 2016, 4:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a massage clinic and a small three unit apartment building planned for 346 Pine Glen Road.

http://www.townofriverview.ca/en/res...PAC_Agenda.pdf

Old Posted Jan 9, 2016, 5:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There is a massage clinic and a small three unit apartment building planned for 346 Pine Glen Road.

http://www.townofriverview.ca/en/res...PAC_Agenda.pdf
I love the fact that the 3 Residential units are single level 3 bedroom 1 bath with a single car garage, and a Patio at the back side of the unit Also in Unit Laundry room. They open themselves up to a larger renter pool. Now it's just to see if it will be approved.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2016, 4:48 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Here's the link to the pdf of the 2016 Town of Riverview strategic plan:

http://www.townofriverview.ca/en/ins...Priorities.pdf

Old Posted Apr 22, 2016, 3:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Road and infrastructure work for the Dobson Landing project is well underway.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 1:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Road and infrastructure work for the Dobson Landing project is well underway.

Its very good news to see that this project has indeed started! I imagine you'll start to see some of the SFD lots get developed this year. Excellent project for Riverview!

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 9:17 PM

out of boredom!!!

I was looking at a large number of projects both sent to Riverview's town hall, and not sent, and realized if a larger number of projects would have been approve in the last I'd say 20-25 years Riverview would have possibly been given the title of city (with my calculations of course) in 2009-2010, and could have possibly been in the list of top growing cities in Atlantic Canada.

A little sad to think that one of the major reason this has not happen is because of the overwhelming amount of people who are still living in the passed.

Also was want to point out I was looking at the floor plan from Crombie REIT of the Riverview place, and notice 17 units marked as unassigned http://www.crombiereit.ca/PDF/factsheet_52.pdf

Anyone know if Crombie REIT (REC) has any plans with Riverview place other then just having the 2 contact centres in there along with the few tenants still left?

Old Posted Apr 23, 2016, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I was looking at a large number of projects both sent to Riverview's town hall, and not sent, and realized if a larger number of projects would have been approve in the last I'd say 20-25 years Riverview would have possibly been given the title of city (with my calculations of course) in 2009-2010, and could have possibly been in the list of top growing cities in Atlantic Canada.

A little sad to think that one of the major reason this has not happen is because of the overwhelming amount of people who are still living in the passed.

Also was want to point out I was looking at the floor plan from Crombie REIT of the Riverview place, and notice 17 units marked as unassigned http://www.crombiereit.ca/PDF/factsheet_52.pdf

Anyone know if Crombie REIT (REC) has any plans with Riverview place other then just having the 2 contact centres in there along with the few tenants still left?
Do you have a list of the non approved projects. I think if you were to look there is a lot of Crombie properties that look like that. The recession has not been nice to the landlord.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Do you have a list of the non approved projects. I think if you were to look there is a lot of Crombie properties that look like that. The recession has not been nice to the landlord.
I've noticed that afterwards.

For the list I'm not sure if they where non approved or just posted online at some point to gauge the reaction people would have.

A friend of mine had decided to save all the plans we could find just in case they would have been deleted, or in most cases disappeared from view, and I'm currently trying to see how much overlap there might be, and also trying to figure out if any where legitimate plans There might be a lot of these plans that where drawn up based on rumors as well. I was looking into verifying what plans we found where in fact voted on, and what plans where just claimed to have not been approved not the easiest task.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
I've noticed that afterwards.

For the list I'm not sure if they where non approved or just posted online at some point to gauge the reaction people would have.

A friend of mine had decided to save all the plans we could find just in case they would have been deleted, or in most cases disappeared from view, and I'm currently trying to see how much overlap there might be, and also trying to figure out if any where legitimate plans There might be a lot of these plans that where drawn up based on rumors as well. I was looking into verifying what plans we found where in fact voted on, and what plans where just claimed to have not been approved not the easiest task.
Sadly, I don't know if Riverview will ever be able to foster any business growth. All the town council candidates say they support business growth, yet everything is closing in Riverview. Heck even Campbell's auto, which was well integrated into the community closed and moved to Moncton.

Old Posted May 11, 2016, 3:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

A rezoning request before Riverview PAC for Clayton Developments "The Fairways" project off of Gunningsville Blvd:
Quote:
to rezone from R3 (Multiple Unit) to RM (Residential Mixed) (File: 16-40926)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces