HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 3:09 PM

Well said.

I'd add that more recent quotes from our current sitting PM include:
""Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work,"

and

Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans,".

and

"Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec."

Though there should be no direct attribution of any french language speaker in Alberta to a Quebec-centric sentiment it's not much different than assuming someone with a 'newfie' accent would have Newfoundland-centric sentiment. Perhaps morally wrong, but also perhaps a reasonable assumption. I say this as someone with enough Quebec rooted relatives to consider myself a tourtiere snob.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 7:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlocked View Post
Well said.

I'd add that more recent quotes from our current sitting PM include:
""Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work,"

and

Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans,".

and

"Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec."

Though there should be no direct attribution of any french language speaker in Alberta to a Quebec-centric sentiment it's not much different than assuming someone with a 'newfie' accent would have Newfoundland-centric sentiment. Perhaps morally wrong, but also perhaps a reasonable assumption. I say this as someone with enough Quebec rooted relatives to consider myself a tourtiere snob.
Provide all of the source web links for the statements please. Its irresponsible to provide quotes without the actual and factual weblink.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 8:17 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
Provide all of the source web links for the statements please. Its irresponsible to provide quotes without the actual and factual weblink.
What is the purpose of this? To question that all of this is true?

I have no link to LandLocked (in fact, I did not know this forumer name until a day or two ago) but I can assure that these quotes are basically true.

I heard the interview with Justin Trudeau myself on Radio-Canada where he said this stuff.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
What is the purpose of this? To question that all of this is true?

I have no link to LandLocked (in fact, I did not know this forumer name until a day or two ago) but I can assure that these quotes are basically true.

I heard the interview with Justin Trudeau myself on Radio-Canada where he said this stuff.
Statements like those need to be supported. Here are some media links:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trud...erta-1.1241750

"When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec. There was Trudeau, there was Mulroney, there was Chrétien, there was Paul Martin. We have a role. This country, Canada, it belongs to us."

""Canada isn't doing well right now because it's Albertans who control our community and socio-democratic agenda. It doesn't work," Trudeau told interviewer Patrick Lagacé."

That was not so hard was it??

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
...That was not so hard was it??
Thanks to Acajack for finding the sources while I wasn't able to read & respond.

Since I think I hit a sore spot with EdmTrekker, here is an image of Trudeau he can admire.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40173553

Old Posted Jun 6, 2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlocked View Post
Thanks to Acajack for finding the sources while I wasn't able to read & respond.

Since I think I hit a sore spot with EdmTrekker, here is an image of Trudeau he can admire.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40173553
You hit no sore spot with me. I have always voted Liberal and proud to say my MP Randy Boissonnault in Edmonton Centre is Liberal as was my MLA until a recent NDP upset. I am proud to have Justin Trudeau as my Prime Minister.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton