HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 11:59 AM

Thumbs up PARIS | CB32 | 160 M / 525 FT | 38 floors

Office proposal nearby the CB21 and First towers. It looks roughly 45 floors/600 feet tall.

It would replace a mid-rise, the Saisons building. They've been working on it since 2010.
Design: HTA-Hervé Tordjman Architecte
Developer: Nexity

Last edited by Minato Ku; Feb 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2012, 12:54 PM
BANNED

Very, very beautiful!!!

Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 4:37 AM

Oh my, what a beauty!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2013, 7:33 PM

There should be something like this instead of the design above on this lot.

Hosted on http://imageshack.us/

The project name is Alto and disappointing so far compared to Tordjman's design.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2013, 6:37 PM

defense-92.fr got more news and a couple of additional, more accurate renderings that are welcome.

The full office tower (38 floors, roughly 150 m / 450 ft tall) should sit in the place of a 14-storey building built only 20 years ago and already to be demolished, as I mentioned in post #1, and reinforce the monumental canyon effect rising along the northern section of the ring boulevard. It's all (existing building + project) owned by Swiss bank UBS that claims they don't want to get in any height competition, thus the rather humble height of their project.

My main concern is not height anyway. It certainly will be tall enough nearby slightly taller First and CB21 to induce a satisfying canyon section. It's all about the facade. We've got these too large, HD renderings:

http://www.defense-92.fr/photos/alto-1.jpg

http://www.defense-92.fr/photos/alto-3.jpg

It's double-skinned. As far as the visible materials go, the 1st layer seems glass and aluminium, the 2nd full glass arranged in a fish scale fashion. It eventually looks more interesting on these better renderings.

There's also that 20-floor hotel currently under construction that you can see across the boulevard on those renders.

Something is yet missing, while so badly needed by the district. Housing within the tower and retail at its foot. It's a nonsense in that area when the Hermitage twins are likelier and likelier in the very close surroundings.

Completion is expected by the end of 2017. It doesn't seem to cause any particular problem so far.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2013, 11:31 AM

We've got a building permit to this one, Chrispic, a moderator of the French speaking forum found out. So these are the official figures.

51,181m² (551,000 sq ft) of office space.
38 floors + 4 underground floors.
160m (525 ft) tall.

I don't know whether this one's speculative. Bank UBS that owns the project might actually want it for their own employees. Other than that, it's yet another very standard local tower, that fits the current local habits (all offices, between 500 and 700 ft tall), so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I mean it will be kind of unseen to the regular grumpy locals. Lol

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 11:06 AM

Hermitage's supertall twins are still bogged down in opposed legal appeals, so I'd rather forget about them for yet a couple of years.
What's interesting for now is to focus on the north ring boulevard. See it snake in the increasing high-rise density.

In addition to this tower is coming up another one along the boulevard over the same area to replace Generali's former and cancelled project, as I said in post #65 of that thread. We should get some renderings of the new design sometime soon.

An additional high-res rendering of Alto still from illuminens: http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/499...urALTOvue6.jpg

It's actually rather significant even to the skyline for plugging a hole.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 9:18 PM

The midrise with a glass façade below is about to make way for the tower, according to Alpin, a forumer of the SSC French-speaking subforum.

http://www.illuminens.com/wp-content...ie-800x448.jpg

I still can't tell whether this would be speculative or not, but it seems it will be able to rise sooner than a bunch of speculative towers that were yet planned some 5 years earlier.

By the way, the bunker on the left of the picture above was recladded lately.

By Sesto Elemento

It's no beauty contest winner anyway, but at least that façade features a warmer color now. Windows to it look like loopholes, like to a medieval fortress. That's the current trend locally (which just seems mean to me, also showing a lack of bioclimatic mastery), on behalf of the energy efficiency regulations.

Here's a video showing the project scheduling.

https://vimeo.com/117780604

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive