HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Oct 11, 2019, 6:17 PM
I am the law!

The term Mammy refers to the caricature featured in films. It's as offensive as black face.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 1:51 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
The Mammy sounds terrifying but I bet she's nice.

I should have also said to post any UFO and cryptozoology stories here.
I have seen a UFO while camping with friends in the foothills. My wife and I also experienced a strange phenomenon that sounded like celestial chimes / twisting metal. It was sort of similar to this video but more tinkly sounding. It was the eeriest thing. I can’t explain how it affected us both. There was a sense of instant existential dread. I’m not sure if it was alien, or some sort of military weapon but it was terrifying.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 3:14 AM

Didn't that turn out to be a big hoax just before Dec 1st 2012? The video I mean not what you heard.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 3:57 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Didn't that turn out to be a big hoax just before Dec 1st 2012? The video I mean not what you heard.
Not that I’m aware of. There are tons of videos of those sounds. It’s a world wide phenomena. If you watch the clip I linked there’s a guy in BC tracking all the instances from around the globe. It was legitimately one of the scariest things I’ve ever experienced, which sounds dumb I realize with no obvious threat. You wouldn’t think a sound could affect you so much. Both my wife and I were dating at the time and in her room at her parents house in NE Calgary on the edge of town. Her brother and his significant other were in the basement and never heard it at all. It sounded like the end of the world somehow. Like if you could weaponize a sound to paralyze people with fear.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 4:46 AM
I am the law!

My biggest dilemma with aliens theories is why races that can travel to other solar systems would express so much interest in us. It must be natural phenomenon, military secrets or, another civilization in our own backyard.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Not that I’m aware of. There are tons of videos of those sounds. It’s a world wide phenomena. If you watch the clip I linked there’s a guy in BC tracking all the instances from around the globe. It was legitimately one of the scariest things I’ve ever experienced, which sounds dumb I realize with no obvious threat. You wouldn’t think a sound could affect you so much. Both my wife and I were dating at the time and in her room at her parents house in NE Calgary on the edge of town. Her brother and his significant other were in the basement and never heard it at all. It sounded like the end of the world somehow. Like if you could weaponize a sound to paralyze people with fear.

I heard something like that here in Toronto a day before Dec 12 2012. I don't know how it was made or where it came from and it was scary as hell. Still I think it was said to be part of a worldwide hoax leading up to the End of the World that year.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
My biggest dilemma with aliens theories is why races that can travel to other solar systems would express so much interest in us. It must be natural phenomenon, military secrets or, another civilization in our own backyard.
Probably why they have never contacted us on a more intimate fashion. Any alien that has the technology to cross vast differences of space is a minimum of centuries ahead where we are both technologically and socially. When looking at the dismal state of our planet, they are well aware that we are a species to be avoided...………..they justifiably mortified at the prospect of human making it into space.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 9:23 PM
Fake News

Quote:
I heard something like that here in Toronto a day before Dec 12 2012. I don't know how it was made or where it came from and it was scary as hell. Still I think it was said to be part of a worldwide hoax leading up to the End of the World that year.
How could someone produce those sounds as part of a hoax on a global scale? Doctored videos are one thing but I heard it in person. Apparently you did too. I know there was some investigation of something similar done in Winnipeg I think where they claimed it was a street grader dragging its blade on a dry road in winter, but what I heard sounded nothing like that and was not off a main road. The other part was the feeling it gave both me and my wife of intense dread. No normal sound has ever affected me that way before.

Edit: I tried at the time to rationalize it or think of a logical explanation. The ring road was under construction at the time but this was later in the evening. I wondered if some piece of heavy machinery could have made the sound. Ultimately it sounded like nothing I've heard before. Like cosmic wind chimes mixed with stretching metal. Sort of similar to the video I posted but with more chimey sounds.

Last edited by O-tacular; Oct 16, 2019 at 10:50 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2019, 10:52 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoshvilli View Post
Not a house, but mount royal holds the largest burial ground in north america so unsurprisingly theres lots of stories.
I got lost driving through the graveyard in Mont Royale a few years back during Halloween. There were people in costumes roaming around. I can imagine the stories from that place.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 5:16 AM
Ham-burgher

What about a freight train? Their brakes screech, and the steel wheels on steel rails can make very odd squealing sounds, especially going through a switch or along a curve.

Quote:
How could someone produce those sounds as part of a hoax on a global scale? Doctored videos are one thing but I heard it in person. Apparently you did too. I know there was some investigation of something similar done in Winnipeg I think where they claimed it was a street grader dragging its blade on a dry road in winter, but what I heard sounded nothing like that and was not off a main road. The other part was the feeling it gave both me and my wife of intense dread. No normal sound has ever affected me that way before.

Edit: I tried at the time to rationalize it or think of a logical explanation. The ring road was under construction at the time but this was later in the evening. I wondered if some piece of heavy machinery could have made the sound. Ultimately it sounded like nothing I've heard before. Like cosmic wind chimes mixed with stretching metal. Sort of similar to the video I posted but with more chimey sounds.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 1:39 PM

Quote:

Maybe coming all the way to see us is more of a vacation for them??? Kind of like a safari.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 4:12 PM

Quote:
I have seen a UFO while camping with friends in the foothills. My wife and I also experienced a strange phenomenon that sounded like celestial chimes / twisting metal. It was sort of similar to this video but more tinkly sounding. It was the eeriest thing. I can’t explain how it affected us both. There was a sense of instant existential dread. I’m not sure if it was alien, or some sort of military weapon but it was terrifying.

Video Link

This is for sure what I heard, I was alone and the streets were empty so it was unnerving. It didn't help it was at around 2-4am Dec 12 2012

It sounded exactly like it does when he goes outside, and it vibrated through me.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 6:20 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Maybe coming all the way to see us is more of a vacation for them??? Kind of like a safari.

Maybe. It still makes more sense to me that aliens flying crafts in our skies and abducting us would be from our solar systems or even Earth.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 8:46 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
What about a freight train? Their brakes screech, and the steel wheels on steel rails can make very odd squealing sounds, especially going through a switch or along a curve.
It was nowhere near any train tracks.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 8:56 PM
Fake News

Quote:
This is for sure what I heard, I was alone and the streets were empty so it was unnerving. It didn't help it was at around 2-4am Dec 12 2012

It sounded exactly like it does when he goes outside, and it vibrated through me.

Video Link
Can you really say it's a hoax then? I mean not only is that video similar to hundreds of others but you actually experienced the same thing in real life. The sound I heard was a variation of that. Like I said, it had a tinkling effect over and above the deeper booms. The same all encompassing, supernatural power though.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 9:11 PM
I am the law!

Y'know it can be both. There can be a global hum possibly connected to something effecting the Earth's magnetic fields and people doctoring the hum to enhance it. I have trouble believing everything in that video. The opening hum is too reminiscent of Spielberg's War of the Worlds.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
I tend to agree with you here.

But theres an interesting counterargument to conside. Why do otherwise intelligent people or wealthy women in the corporate world often indulge in low brow reality TV like Bravo's Real Housewives franchises? It could very well be the case that these highly advanced aliens are indeed visting mankind for precisely that reason; they consider observing us to be an entertaining surrogate activity or comforting form of escapism.

I guess it would all come down to the efficiency of their travel technology.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada