HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 2:56 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael_d40 View Post
Also - Regarding the highest apartment vacancy rates - Not a fair statement. Yes, I'm aware of what reports say. However, if one eliminates all of the shacks from the North, and South End from that data, what would our true vacancy rate be? A lot of the apartments in those areas are sitting vacant because they are complete dumps that are not fit to live in. In my office, there's always many people moving to the city for work, and not a soul has moved to the North End. Can't say I blame them.
I can't blame them either and i'm not arguing your sentiment but at the end of it the North and South Ends are still within the municipality. In a perfect world perhaps we could absolve those areas from statistics but that's not how these things work. Numbers need to be taken as a whole and can't be cherry-picked to suit whatever we'd like/need.

As much as i'm sure most of us would like to we cannot just pretend that these two neighbourhoods no longer exist for the purposes of looking good in statistics.

Otherwise, great points re: Class A vacancy. It's something that not a lot of people are aware of when office vacancy numbers are announced/referenced in the media.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces