HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 20, 2015, 11:52 PM

What a disaster of an effort by the Bombers today... I'm not sure who was worse, offence or special teams. I wonder if Nichols is wondering what he got himself into?

Gotta give him credit, Touchdown Jesus did a decent job today

Gannett

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 4:11 PM

Damn, Collaros done for the season with a torn ACL.

Assuming that Mitchell stays healthy in Calgary, Hamilton's Grey Cup parade plans might just be derailed... I'd say that Toronto and Ottawa are solid contenders in the east again.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:13 PM
DRINK

been away for a while. How are the Riders doing?

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:18 PM

2016 can't come soon enough for the CFL: http://www.sportsnet.ca/960/the-big-...-embarrassing/

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:34 PM

Madani gets on my nerves sometimes but he brought up some good points. Orridge should get off his ass and find them a place to play closer to T.O. Get some temp bleachers at Varsity and there's your home. Get some cranes and scissor lifts and boom you are "broadcast ready". Even Lamport Stadium would be a better option

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Damn, Collaros done for the season with a torn ACL.
That's tough. And as is often the case, it happened on a very innocent-looking play.

Hamilton still has an awesome defense and special teams. Even without Collaros I wouldn't count them out.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 5:42 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
Awesome. They're playing 500 ball again if you only look at the last two weeks.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
Good question!

1 and 11

...ICYMI, that's 1-11

aka .083 winning percentage

Been noticing a lot less green around here lately...

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmobile View Post
Madani gets on my nerves sometimes but he brought up some good points. Orridge should get off his ass and find them a place to play closer to T.O. Get some temp bleachers at Varsity and there's your home. Get some cranes and scissor lifts and boom you are "broadcast ready". Even Lamport Stadium would be a better option
It's pathetic how Rogers created this mess and now they're suddenly all over this "story".

Good riddance Skydome and Rogers is all that I can say about that.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2015, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Good question!

1 and 11

...ICYMI, that's 1-11

aka .083 winning percentage

Been noticing a lot less green around here lately...
I'm still here, but yea this season has sucked. But now I just cheer for anyone who are playing the Stamps or Eskimos to beat them.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 12:18 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
It's pathetic how Rogers created this mess and now they're suddenly all over this "story".

Good riddance Skydome and Rogers is all that I can say about that.
It's totally ridiculous. There are lots of Argos fans in Toronto that only need something close to a normal ownership and stadium situation before they'll come out to games. I can hardly wait for the new stadium ... it's going to be great.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
It's totally ridiculous. There are lots of Argos fans in Toronto that only need something close to a normal ownership and stadium situation before they'll come out to games. I can hardly wait for the new stadium ... it's going to be great.
I guess the off-field debacle of the 2015 Argos season is a good reminder that the current owner is essentially a band-aid whose main legacy will be remembered as keeping the team alive until an owner for the long haul could be found. (And don't get me wrong, Braley deserves respect for that because the Argos could have easily died without him... he just wasn't the man to turn the team around.)

That said, the team has played remarkably well in spite of all the turmoil. I enjoy watching them in action.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 1:23 AM

Only 293,000 watched Bombers-Als on Sunday on TSN, not sure about the RDS numbers. Blue Jays and NFL beat the game handily. This game was almost beat by some random golf tourney.

740,000 watched RBs/Riders on Saturday night which was the most exciting game of the year so far. Great throw by Burris to win it.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 3:44 AM

Argos have announced to SSH that we will be receiving a refund for the REDBLACKS game that has been moved to Ottawa and if the next two games are moved there will be refunds as well.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 4:24 PM
BANNED

To me the CFL kinda sucks this year, really crappy team here in Winnipeg with an abysmal coaching staff, poorly over-officiated games to the point where any flow to a game is negated early on, lack of quality Canadian players water's down the game big time, stale broadcasts offered by TSN.......

Personally I feel the CFL rosters should be open to the best players available, having a certain quota of Canadians makes little sense when the best Canadian players are in the NFL!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 4:39 PM

^ I honestly don't get why everyone is ragging on this season so much. You would think that the teams had switched from football to badminton the way everyone is going on about it.

There have been plenty of good games this season and although I'm not sure what the exact figures are, the games don't seem to be dragging on like they did last season.

Obviously the Bombers sucking has been a huge buzzkill in Winnipeg (extra unfortunate considering it's a Grey Cup year...) but the games themselves are still entertaining if you watch ones that involve other teams.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 5:07 PM

Quote:
^ I honestly don't get why everyone is ragging on this season so much. You would think that the teams had switched from football to badminton the way everyone is going on about it.

There have been plenty of good games this season and although I'm not sure what the exact figures are, the games don't seem to be dragging on like they did last season.

Obviously the Bombers sucking has been a huge buzzkill in Winnipeg (extra unfortunate considering it's a Grey Cup year...) but the games themselves are still entertaining if you watch ones that involve other teams.
Eventhough we lost, the Ottawa at Regina game was actually quite entertaining and the flow was quite good.
My one complaint is the amount of TV Timeouts TSN puts on us. That is the real flow killer (but then I have the same complaints about NHL TV timeouts)

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 5:39 PM

Quote:

Badminton has way more hitting, lol.

Seriously though, you must have more patience than most of us. I am really frustrated with the crappy officiating this year and all the QB injuries (7 out of 9 teams!) means we have to watch lousy backups. Yeah there have been a few close games but I don't think we've had a single OT game this year have we?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 5:54 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthumb2 View Post
Badminton has way more hitting, lol.

Seriously though, you must have more patience than most of us. I am really frustrated with the crappy officiating this year and all the QB injuries (7 out of 9 teams!) means we have to watch lousy backups. Yeah there have been a few close games but I don't think we've had a single OT game this year have we?
Saskatchewan/Toronto in week one went to overtime.

QB injuries have really decimated play for sure. Hoping the story lines pick up for the playoffs because right now its pretty uninspiring.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Sep 23, 2015, 6:26 PM

^ Injuries are the only bona fide gripe about this season, IMO. But what can you? The injuries to Durant and Collaros, for example, were just plain bad luck. The penalty situation seems to have settled down a bit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada