HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 9:42 PM
Meh

Anyway, I like the vertical lines near the top. I don't know if the height has changed at all. The document notes it's 570 feet with 49 floors, but that's no doubt only to the main roof since the City of Austin exempts mechanical penthouses from height bonuses.

I did notice there does seem to be some design tweaks on the roof. There was a large box located west of the east mechanical screen (shown in the elevations) that is absent from the new rendering. So, there may be some changes up there heightwise.

On the issue of less sunlight around towers. Believe it or not, that's actually a good thing when you think of the way thermodynamics works. The clash of air masses of different temperatures makes those two move past each other as cool air is heavier than warm air. This is the reason you have wind during cold fronts. Buildings have been designed for a long time with breezeways built in to shade an area and to encourage wind to be channeled through that space to cool the building. It's actually more energy efficient than relying purely on HVAC systems.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin