HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
Just closing for now as far as i know, but i would be surprised if they keep it just as is, so i was just hoping for something bigger. But one never knows.
Ok, thanks.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Via Chicago View Post
sounds like a calatrava all right
Tap it twice to get it right. If they start digging a hole we got issues.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 11:31 PM

Tribune Tower Rehab - 435 N Michigan

Aug 24

The bones from the old annex can be seen here ( riveted column ).

Last edited by harryc; Aug 27, 2020 at 12:05 AM.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 12:08 AM

Bikeway over the river.

Aug 24

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 4:15 PM

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 4:22 PM

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 1:34 AM

176 N Wabash

Aug 27

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 2:32 PM

^ Is that a pedway to connect the buildings?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 5:53 PM
Development Shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
Yessir

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 4:16 PM

318 N Capenter

Aug 28

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 9:47 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
The new build is considered Phase II of the MCA Apartments... I'm guessing Phase II will have a separate entrance, but the skybridge is to allow for direct indoor access to the amenities in Phase I.

They have a beautiful rooftop, I've had the privilege of visiting a few times.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 3:38 AM

318 N Capenter is a fantastic new construction building.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 10:29 PM
The City

Congress Theatre going into foreclosure according to Crains

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 11:03 PM

Spotted soil testing today at that vacant lot at Chicago and Cleveland, the one where developers were eyeing a new hotel tower.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 5:40 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by r18tdi View Post
Spotted soil testing today at that vacant lot at Chicago and Cleveland, the one where developers were eyeing a new hotel tower.
Boring design, but it would be good for the area despite the immediate proximity to the Cabrini Rowhouses. Despite living only a ten minute walk from there, I would not want to stay in a hotel there, but ostensibly out of towners wouldn't know better and it would be good for the companies in the Groupon building and help with pulling more restaurants that direction. And help continue the enclosing of Chicago Avenue as sort of the edge of downtown.

Has anyone heard anything more about the proposal at the SE corner of Chicago and Franklin?

Or about the site of the former Carson's on Wells?

I'm hoping that the methadone clinic on the NW corner of Franklin and Chicago will eventually relocate so that that vintage brick building might be renovated into something that more of the current area residents might use. When it opened, a lot of its patients lived in either the River North SROs or Cabrini Green, but currently I think most of their customers are driving in from further west so being closer to the highway might be better for everyone. The methadone clinic next to the Found Hotel on Wells seems like a candidate for relocation, too, for the same reasons.

I hope the vacant lots on Chicago between Franklin and LaSalle can fill in over the next decade. That would do a lot to help make the whole of Chicago Ave East of the River to Fairbanks one bustling mile-long strip. Making it a strip of restaurants could be cool, a River North answer to Randolph Street - proposed nickname the Manga Mile, lol. Or if it included a lot of specially shops maybe Merchants Mile. With two intersecting 'L' lines, it could really handle a ton of North Siders seeking a night out.

It's pretty amazing how fast One Chicago is going up. I'm glad to see it happening, although it will add 3-4 minutes to my walk to Whole Foods once that relocates. I really wish there was a grocery store in western River North. I am thankful for the Aldi at Division and Wells now, though.
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
It's pretty amazing how fast One Chicago is going up. I'm glad to see it happening, although it will add 3-4 minutes to my walk to Whole Foods once that relocates. I really wish there was a grocery store in western River North. I am thankful for the Aldi at Division and Wells now, though.
Whole Foods is moving one block north... I can't imagine it's that much further out of the way than the current location.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Boring design, but it would be good for the area despite the immediate proximity to the Cabrini Rowhouses. Despite living only a ten minute walk from there, I would not want to stay in a hotel there, but ostensibly out of towners wouldn't know better and it would be good for the companies in the Groupon building and help with pulling more restaurants that direction. And help continue the enclosing of Chicago Avenue as sort of the edge of downtown.

Has anyone heard anything more about the proposal at the SE corner of Chicago and Franklin?

Or about the site of the former Carson's on Wells?

I'm hoping that the methadone clinic on the NW corner of Franklin and Chicago will eventually relocate so that that vintage brick building might be renovated into something that more of the current area residents might use. When it opened, a lot of its patients lived in either the River North SROs or Cabrini Green, but currently I think most of their customers are driving in from further west so being closer to the highway might be better for everyone. The methadone clinic next to the Found Hotel on Wells seems like a candidate for relocation, too, for the same reasons.

I hope the vacant lots on Chicago between Franklin and LaSalle can fill in over the next decade. That would do a lot to help make the whole of Chicago Ave East of the River to Fairbanks one bustling mile-long strip. Making it a strip of restaurants could be cool, a River North answer to Randolph Street - proposed nickname the Manga Mile, lol. Or if it included a lot of specially shops maybe Merchants Mile. With two intersecting 'L' lines, it could really handle a ton of North Siders seeking a night out.

I wonder what the odds are on the Cabrini Rowhouses getting demolished in the relatively near future.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 4:58 PM

Rehab facility planned for River North redevelopment

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...-redevelopment

Quote:
A local nursing home operator wants to redevelop the vacant former headquarters of the American Library Association in River North into a medical rehabilitation and recovery center, according to a proposal announced by 42nd Ward Ald. Brendan Reilly.

Oak Brook-based Restorative Care Institute plans to open a 98-bed skilled nursing facility at 50 E. Huron St., where it is seeking approval to overhaul the five-story former ALA building with three new floors and a glass exterior, project plans show. Reilly said in a newsletter to downtown residents that the company hopes to open the location by August 2022.

Semi current streetview:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/50...!4d-87.6261361

Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 5:21 PM

Something going up next door to that? Looks like that other building is being torn down or gutted.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
318 N Capenter is a fantastic new construction building.
Just weird that they contrived a "vertical expansion" on a brand-new building.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development