HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 10:59 PM
Walk taker

Taken yesterday :

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 2:52 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:39 PM
New Yorker for life

September 15, 2014

We're getting there...

4. The (northern) entrance that dare not speak its name, or the tower jumps 6 ft.

5. The west entrance, from which we will enter to get to the observation deck...

7. The southern entrance, from which the height is based...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Just wanted to post this rendering with views of the Freedom Tower from a proposed new gondola system...

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...n-to-manhattan

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 7:42 PM

Great idea!!! I am pretty sure that they will consider it. It will help to eased the congestion. It is right choice. I bet they will take on Skyway instead of going on subway.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 7:59 PM
Sukaitsuri

Just a stupid question, but...

Now that 1WTC will be soon complete and has a lot of space on its rooftop to install antennas and communication gears,... is it possible that they remove the antenna on the top of the Empire State Building?

The antenna on the ESB is really ugly... and it was not supposed to be there, according to the initial plans. And it feels like half of the ESB is a big antenna (because of the upper part that is thinner than the lower part).

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 8:12 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorque View Post

Now that 1WTC will be soon complete and has a lot of space on its rooftop to install antennas and communication gears,... is it possible that they remove the antenna on the top of the Empire State Building?

The antenna on the ESB is really ugly... and it was not supposed to be there, according to the initial plans. And it feels like half of the ESB is a big antenna (because of the upper part that is thinner than the lower part).
The ESB makes from that antenna. It wouldn't make sense from a business perspective.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 10:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

Now that 1WTC will be soon complete and has a lot of space on its rooftop to install antennas and communication gears,...
is it possible that they remove the antenna on the top of the Empire State Building?
NO. Some stations will use it as a backup, and some stations may not move at all. It hasn't been decided yet who, if any, will move back to the WTC site.

Medic28497

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 5:27 AM

So is this tower going to get a sign already? I'm eager to see what it's going to look like...

Old Posted Sep 17, 2014, 8:24 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIsland View Post
So is this tower going to get a sign already? I'm eager to see what it's going to look like...
Haven't seen one yet. Hopefully it will be traditional, and not something like the logo. Safw bet is on traditional.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:

I don't know, but I'll tell you what. That antenna was a life-saver in the months after 9/11, when the WTC's original communication mast was taken out.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtDecoRevival View Post
I don't know, but I'll tell you what. That antenna was a life-saver in the months after 9/11, when the WTC's original communication mast was taken out.
Since they added LED lights to the ESB's mast, the nightly lighting scheme looks even better.

Definitely gives 1 WTC's spire lighting a run for its money...

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 12:37 AM

Yeah, the ESB antenna doesn't really bother me. The LED lights are really a saving grace for the ESB's, One WTC's, and other antennas around the city.

No doubt One WTC's original spire would have looked better during the day, but could they have installed LEDs into the randome for the nightly light shows like they have without it?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:57 AM

Why is there a light blue band in the middle of the tower in post no. 35703?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic'EmBears View Post
Why is there a light blue band in the middle of the tower in post no. 35703?
There used to be a big stairwell/construction rig going all the way to the top until (someone more knowledgeable answer here). I think once the dirt & grime gets washed away, it should all look uniform.

jordancamina

Edit: But then again, I see discoloration on the west side (where there was no gear), so I'm not sure:

http://s740.photobucket.com/user/Roa...81508.jpg.html

Last edited by mrjoanofarc; Sep 18, 2014 at 4:24 AM.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 5:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGuy87 View Post
Since they added LED lights to the ESB's mast, the nightly lighting scheme looks even better.

Definitely gives 1 WTC's spire lighting a run for its money...
Is 1 WTC's beacon working?

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoanofarc View Post
Edit: But then again, I see discoloration on the west side (where there was no gear), so I'm not sure:

They left a strip of 2 windows open for a few month during construction. When they filled it in, the existing windows had already been pretty dirty. You won't see it once they wash it.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:21 PM

Quote:

They left a strip of 2 windows open for a few month during construction. When they filled it in, the existing windows had already been pretty dirty. You won't see it once they wash it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upward 2000 View Post
Is 1 WTC's beacon working?
Every time I look over at it the beacon is off. It wasn't on for 9/11 as far as I could tell.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 3:59 PM

Quote:
There used to be a big stairwell/construction rig going all the way to the top until (someone more knowledgeable answer here). I think once the dirt & grime gets washed away, it should all look uniform.

jordancamina

Actually, believe it or not, there was a service elevator on each side at one point. They have barely done any cleaning of the windows which is why you see different varieties of dirtiness.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumz0rz View Post

Every time I look over at it the beacon is off. It wasn't on for 9/11 as far as I could tell.
I wonder what is up with that. Problems?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive