HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

River Point in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownWonder View Post
seeing some type of metal going into the ground on the construction cam. the core maybe? looks too big to be that though.
Not sure, but picture from 8/29 in the afternoon:

Also some additional:

Nearly ready

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 2:26 AM

Aug 28

Looks like there will be no basement -

Last edited by harryc; Sep 7, 2014 at 2:46 AM.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2014, 2:11 AM
dream fast

9/6

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 4:26 AM

9/12/14

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 6:05 PM
dream fast

Good to see this happening^ and that's almost as much muck as Riot Fest.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2014, 7:45 PM
you know where I'll be

One of my favorite stages of a massive skyscraper's construction should be coming up fairly shortly for River Point.....I find it hard to articulate why precisely, but I've seldom turned down the chance to watch a huge mat pour......

Old Posted Sep 16, 2014, 1:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
One of my favorite stages of a massive skyscraper's construction should be coming up fairly shortly for River Point.....I find it hard to articulate why precisely, but I've seldom turned down the chance to watch a huge mat pour......
Mats and transfer floors are the two most exciting parts of skyscraper construction these days. They don't repeat and contain awesome structural acrobatics. What's not to love?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 10:17 PM

The mat will be 10' for this tower.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 10:50 PM
Vote for me for Mayor!

Progress on this tower has gone so slowly...

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 2:11 PM
you know where I'll be

^ Not since actual construction started, though - that's only been like what, maybe 2.5-3 months or so (just a guess, didn't look back in thread)?

This whole thing about this being a purely speculative tower and the whole construction starting with the deck/riverwalk really just came down to sillyness. Not 100% spec at all - 2 leases signed well before actual construction on the tower started as well as before financing was actually arranged - having an equity partner lined up and (I think) claming that it was to be built with all equity (which of course turned out not to be true) doesn't magically actually make the project truly spec nor going under construction 1-2 years before it actually did (a huge amount, if not virtually all - someone here may have the detailed actual financials), of the decking/riverwalk work was paid for by public funds, so not only is the tower in a sense physically/construction staging/actual work quite separate, but so are the finances - to an extent, perhaps large (of course in the end, it will be hopefully, with the park atop the deck, all be integrated very cohesively)........

^^ I'm disappointed. I expected deeper.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 6:09 AM

Quote:
^ Not since actual construction started, though - that's only been like what, maybe 2.5-3 months or so (just a guess, didn't look back in thread)?

This whole thing about this being a purely speculative tower and the whole construction starting with the deck/riverwalk really just came down to sillyness. Not 100% spec at all - 2 leases signed well before actual construction on the tower started as well as before financing was actually arranged - having an equity partner lined up and (I think) claming that it was to be built with all equity (which of course turned out not to be true) doesn't magically actually make the project truly spec nor going under construction 1-2 years before it actually did (a huge amount, if not virtually all - someone here may have the detailed actual financials), of the decking/riverwalk work was paid for by public funds, so not only is the tower in a sense physically/construction staging/actual work quite separate, but so are the finances - to an extent, perhaps large (of course in the end, it will be hopefully, with the park atop the deck, all be integrated very cohesively)........

^^ I'm disappointed. I expected deeper.
I thought it was that the developer had to agree to City demands build the park/platform covering the rail tracks before the highrise construction began that resulted in the park first building second order.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 3:19 PM

Looks like they are laying down some ready to get the core started. They are laying down rebar in the pit for the core today.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 3:29 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
I thought it was that the developer had to agree to City demands build the park/platform covering the rail tracks before the highrise construction began that resulted in the park first building second order.

Regardless of what is actually in the documentation, trust me - if Hines had said their schedule was to begin the tower in 2013 - the city would have undoubtedly allowed concurrent construction (they might have certainly insisted decking/park occur at front end, but simultaneous work would have been fine). If this city believes in a TIF project (they did believe in this - however they shouldn't have), they are not going to say - you can't begin building your revenue/return producing (and construction jobs and big tax generating and so forth) building for another 12 or 18 months or whatever........

Old Posted Sep 26, 2014, 4:32 AM

09/25/14

The pour should be next week so stay tuned...

Old Posted Sep 26, 2014, 1:43 PM
dream fast

9/25

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 11:17 PM
BANNED

Nice pics George and B Vic

Don't miss the pour if you can.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Regardless of what is actually in the documentation, trust me - if Hines had said their schedule was to begin the tower in 2013 - the city would have undoubtedly allowed concurrent construction (they might have certainly insisted decking/park occur at front end, but simultaneous work would have been fine). If this city believes in a TIF project (they did believe in this - however they shouldn't have), they are not going to say - you can't begin building your revenue/return producing (and construction jobs and big tax generating and so forth) building for another 12 or 18 months or whatever........
The rumor has been that the City would not let River Point open its Riverwalk until the first tenants moved into the Tower. That Riverwalk is obviously completed. Not using it had always bothered me.

Today, after looking to see if the pad pour had started, I noticed a uniformed workman sweeping up the area around the elevator to the Riverwalk near the Lake St. bridge. I asked him when access could occur. He was happy to lead me to the unlocked gate by the stairs leading down to the Riverwalk. About 20 people in suits were down there this morning.

I sure hope the unlocked gate is a sign the River Point Riverwalk will be open soon for everyone.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilton View Post
The rumor has been that the City would not let River Point open its Riverwalk until the first tenants moved into the Tower. That Riverwalk is obviously completed. Not using it had always bothered me.

Today, after looking to see if the pad pour had started, I noticed a uniformed workman sweeping up the area around the elevator to the Riverwalk near the Lake St. bridge. I asked him when access could occur. He was happy to lead me to the unlocked gate by the stairs leading down to the Riverwalk. About 20 people in suits were down there this morning.

I sure hope the unlocked gate is a sign the River Point Riverwalk will be open soon for everyone.
Pics or it didn't happen.

(Just Kidding, but next time snap some pics!)

Old Posted Oct 1, 2014, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swicago Swi Sox View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

(Just Kidding, but next time snap some pics!)
COLBA sign on the Riverwalk for a soiree tonight. Why not? There is still space to lease out at River Point. lol!

http://colbachicago.org/event/oktoberfest-2014/

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 10:32 PM
The Moon Rulez! #1

Mmmmmm... Progress..

Quote:
Originally Posted by george View Post
9/25

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive