HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Ville de Québec

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 7:10 PM

Levis Transit. Can someone tell me what this says

I can understand some of it, but my french is not the best.

Can someone tell me what the basic overview of this short video is at the following link
http://www.stlevis.ca/

Old Posted Apr 20, 2011, 9:55 PM

It basically says that Lévis is a nice place to live in but the transit system sucks. 90,000 people work within the city limits of Lévis and 88% of them use their car to commute. 2% of them use the bus system which is the worst rate in Quebec for big cities. This situation is the main cause to traffic problems, and there is only one boulevard running through the entire city, and this boulevard must undergo improvements in order to improve the traffic in the city: faster, higher frequency and more direct service for buses on this axis. The other bus lines in the city will run in loops and ensure a connexion with the buses on this boulevard and Route 116. In what seems to be the second phase of the project, they plan to build 2 reserved lanes for high level service buses in the middle of this boulevard and Route 116, with 12 stations. They seem to brag about the fact that this boulevard represents for only 1% of the total number of km of streets in Lévis (the rest will be left untouched and it should be good news to nimbys) and that's all what is needed to improve the transit system without spending too much money.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2011, 6:29 PM

Thanks. I was not sure what the 1% thing was, as that was the part I had trouble understanding in french.

Thanks again.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Ville de Québec