HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 7:11 PM

Bummer news for Wrigleyville - https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...eater-operator that really depressed me. Was looking forward to that theater. Assumed they were in trouble. Hope they can work it out.

Also, the newish Starbucks in the office building on Gallagher Way is closing permanently on Friday. That is a biggie.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
Also, the newish Starbucks in the office building on Gallagher Way is closing permanently on Friday. That is a biggie.
That's pretty surprising--it will leave a gaping Starbucks-starved area in a neighborhood that I would think loves Starbucks.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post
Bummer news for Wrigleyville - https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...eater-operator that really depressed me. Was looking forward to that theater. Assumed they were in trouble. Hope they can work it out.

Eventually there will be a cinema here but I really doubt it would be CMX. They weren't doing well pre-pandemic. It is going to be a bit to see who since no operator is jumping on new leases until the business is firmly in recovery.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1052 View Post
Eventually there will be a cinema here but I really doubt it would be CMX. They weren't doing well pre-pandemic. It is going to be a bit to see who since no operator is jumping on new leases until the business is firmly in recovery.
Maybe an ICON theater? The one on roosevelt road is really nice. So it would be cool to have a second chicago location.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2020, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeshoredrive View Post
Maybe an ICON theater? The one on roosevelt road is really nice. So it would be cool to have a second chicago location.
I suppose it is possible. The entire entertainment industry is in such a state I hesitate to speculate too much. I always thought CMX was kind of a weird choice for this location but I assume they would pay the most rent. I’d personally rather have Alamo there if I was doing the leasing.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2020, 2:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
That's pretty surprising--it will leave a gaping Starbucks-starved area in a neighborhood that I would think loves Starbucks.
They weren't profitable because the rent was way too high.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development