HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 1:42 PM

It seems that they are begining to do the transitional element in the 57th st. side. The resolution of the camera is not good enough to be sure, but I think it looks like a different arrangement of rebar, like the two central columns are being expanded to both sides. Or maybe being divided into three smaller columns.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 5:11 PM

Growing fast.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 5:55 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Question whats with the picture quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCs77 View Post
It seems that they are begining to do the transitional element in the 57th st. side. The resolution of the camera is not good enough to be sure, but I think it looks like a different arrangement of rebar, like the two central columns are being expanded to both sides. Or maybe being divided into three smaller columns.

If thats from 432 park cam, who could you notify? somebody needs to be notified,(that is if they even give a damn), that is just blurry as hell, and does us very little good, is it dirty or just not focused correctly, need that guy to get back out there and clean it, not the guy who just kissed it. What sucks is I work 7 days a week get home just be4 dark here, well it's already pitch black in NYC even though we're in the same time zone, I'm yet to be able to check it out during the daytime. I have it downloaded, it even looks blurry at night all 3 cams.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 8:19 AM
Walk taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreach View Post
If thats from 432 park cam, who could you notify? somebody needs to be notified,(that is if they even give a damn), that is just blurry as hell, and does us very little good, is it dirty or just not focused correctly, need that guy to get back out there and clean it, not the guy who just kissed it. What sucks is I work 7 days a week get home just be4 dark here, well it's already pitch black in NYC even though we're in the same time zone, I'm yet to be able to check it out during the daytime. I have it downloaded, it even looks blurry at night all 3 cams.
It's a webcam, so it's not going to be hi-res.

It's CERTAINLY not going to be hi-res when people blow it up and post it on these forums.

The webcam is a good one, but don't expect it to have the same resolution as the genuine photos people take of the site. It's not dirty, it's not unfocused; it's a webcam.

Give a pig a pancake, amiright?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 12:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Work continues as light snow begins to fall...

(March 7, 2013)

www.432park.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/gr...anted=all&_r=0

Bigger Means Better in New Apartment Projects

By LAURA LATHAM
March 7, 2013

Quote:

Developers wanting to win the highest-net worth buyers have learned that they must “super-size” their apartment properties. Over the past two to three years a global demand for apartments of more than 6,000 square feet, or 557 square meters, has emerged. This trend is changing the way property developers are designing their projects: just one property per floor or a single apartment on two or more floors.

Demand is affecting development criteria in almost every major international city, though the market is being led by London and cities in North America, agents say. And properties larger than 10,000 square feet are selling fast, often at higher-than-expected prices.

The top units at 432 Park Avenue, set to be New York’s tallest building when it is finished in 2015, are expected to have 8,255 square feet and sell for $82.55 million.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 1:57 PM

Working and pouring even there is a heavy snowfall right now.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 2:10 PM

Does anyone have information on the material they are going to use on the facade of the building?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 3:26 PM

A little bit of snow doesn't stop work completely, as workers at 432 Park Avenue pour concrete for the core today. Even through the swirling snow, work continues. Yesterday, preparations were made in advance of the expected snow, by covering the exterior column and spandrel forms, and the floor deck with sheeting. Also the climbing forms for the core were retracted in preparation for today's pour.

The weather outlook for New York City is snow, changing to rain later, with expected high temperature around 40F. Tomorrows forecast calls for sunny, with expected high temps around 50F. It is possible that overtime work may be scheduled for tomorrow.

It is possible that the new floor deck will be poured early next week.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 4:36 PM

Update from this week with a bunch of photos!

432 Park Avenue March 2013 Construction Photos

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 4:57 PM

ahhhh...... Now I see the concrete. Very nice!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 401PAS View Post
Does anyone have information on the material they are going to use on the facade of the building?
Nothing. It's ultra-bright-white cast in place (CIP) concrete and glass.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 6:32 PM

then will have to wait to see this with the glass. I guess depending on that it could make or break this thing. I would say this is a very daring design choice seeing the high profile (height and unit price) project that this is.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 6:50 PM

Itd be nice to see another core jump within the next few days. This things initial pace has me a little spoiled.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 7:20 PM
Mr. Technology

At this pace, it should top out by mid-may!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 7:33 PM
New Yorker for life

Buildings like this may become more common as long as the market for it continues to grow...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/10/re...ces.html?_r=1&

Billionaires’ Club Is Set to Grow

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO
March 7, 2013

Quote:
Watching a ballet, you cannot help but marvel at the power of the movement, and the ability of the dancers to soar through the air, time and again, as if there were no limits to their stamina. And so it is —well, almost — with the market for high-end properties, where the intensity of sales, at heights never seen before, defied gravity in 2012, whether it was in New York, London, Miami, Los Angeles or Hong Kong.

Is there a day of reckoning on the horizon? Just how many more buyers will be willing to pay $88 million for an apartment in Manhattan, or $121 million for a 10,000-square-foot Chelsea house like the one the developers Nick and Christian Candy bought in London in September? Or $117.5 million for a nearly nine-acre estate in Woodside, Calif., in Silicon Valley, the highest price ever paid for a residence in the United States?

The short answer is a lot. New reports out this week suggest that the residential luxury-buying ballet is very likely poised for a sustained performance.

Over the next 10 years, some 95,000 more people around the world are expected to see their wealth grow to at least $30 million, according to a forecast by Knight Frank, a London-based real estate company, which puts the current number of such people at 189,835.

Then there are the global billionaires, a crowd with an almost insatiable appetite for trophy properties, like the penthouse at 15 Central Park West that the daughter of Dmitry Rybolovlev, a Russian potash fertilizer billionaire, bought last year for $88 million, or $13,000 per square foot.

The number of billionaires will grow by 85 percent over the next decade, to 4,076, Knight Frank forecasts.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 3:27 AM
SWFC and ICC R Best

Good thing snow doesn't stop them, and they have enough work inside be4 the finish.... 'I expect it to be 100%, the Penthouse anyway, in time for kim kardashian to have her baby,, you know she gets what she want, and damn i she wants this,F the other floors,, penthouse complete,and she wants it done be4 she brings her kid home from the hospital", that would be baby kanye, or chris humphries." Just trying to compete a little humor in that, and I'm not sure their even worth the 80 million, Kim might have to find a job,and do some real work to help out, for the 1st time in her life"

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 7:00 PM

The core is being lifted at this very moment!

some minutes later

about 10 minutes later

About 15 minutes later, it seems that it grow just a little bit more, but I think it ¡s done. I couldn't see it from the very begining, but I think that the whole jump took about half an hour.

Last edited by CCs77; Mar 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2013, 9:38 PM

I don't know if we've reached that point yet, but it'l be interesting to discover how that first open air spacing is done. I'm thinking that it won't be visible as they proceed with the exterior concrete "grid".

The seemingly ridiculous speed at which this is rising is raisingall sorts of interesting questions. The glass treamtent and how this interacts with the rest of the exterior is what I'm also waiting for.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2013, 11:21 AM

Looking to the diagrams, the first open air part starts at about 60 or 70 metres (sorry, I'm European, so a metric guy ).
So this will still take some time; I guess the core is at about 60 m now?

I wonder what heavy winds will do around the open areas.
It may cause some unexpected howling sounds, that make it uncomfortable to live under or above it?
We will see... Or hear...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive