HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 6:51 PM

Scranton pa development

https://www.wnep.com/amp/article/new...e-4d858f9cbdbe

SCRANTON, Pa. — Digging up dirt is a new venture for developer John Basalyga who has made a name for himself rehabbing historic buildings in Lackawanna County.

When he bought the former Red Carpet Inn site on the corner of Mulberry Street and Franklin Avenue in downtown Scranton he thought the city deserved something new.

"The most attractive thing to this site, it's just the logistics of where it's at. I mean, you can't get a better spot, coming in off the Scranton Expressway and off of Mulberry Street, Franklin, very busy. I saw a great chance to make something grand for Scranton," said Basalyga.

Basalyga is sharing the preliminary plans for the yet unnamed building which will stand at 17 stories making it the tallest building in The Electric City.

Last edited by PENNSYLVANIAPROGRESS; Nov 20, 2022 at 7:42 PM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 8:10 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

I hear the office supply industry is a big employer up there ;D

But anyways that's exciting to hear. I remember at various time there have been proposals for new tallest buildings in Allentown, Lancaster, Harrisburg, etc. Hopefully something happens. All those inland northeastern cities have solid urban bones they just need more attention.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 9:14 PM

indeed I think Allentown and lancaster and Scranton will be unrecognizabl in a decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
I hear the office supply industry is a big employer up there ;D

But anyways that's exciting to hear. I remember at various time there have been proposals for new tallest buildings in Allentown, Lancaster, Harrisburg, etc. Hopefully something happens. All those inland northeastern cities have solid urban bones they just need more attention.
yea they'll be many more skyscrapers in Allentown and scranton and maybe even Harrisburg.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations