HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 5:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A large lot has been cleared on the southern portion of DesBrisay Avenue in the Moncton Industrial Park West. I have no idea what is planned for here, but it definitely looks like initial site preparation is underway…….

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 1:47 PM
I have no Title

I have heard from a reliable source that there is indeed plans for at least one of the Magnetic Hill Wharf Village Shoppes to be reconstructed into a relatively large budget Haunted House with an estimated opening date of summer 2015.

On a personal note:I think with the closing of Crystal Palace this would be of a benefit to the Greater Moncton Area. Also unclear if this will be geared to an 18 and older crowd or not.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 3:08 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post
I have heard from a reliable source that there is indeed plans for at least one of the Magnetic Hill Wharf Village Shoppes to be reconstructed into a relatively large budget Haunted House with an estimated opening date of summer 2015.

On a personal note:I think with the closing of Crystal Palace this would be of a benefit to the Greater Moncton Area. Also unclear if this will be geared to an 18 and older crowd or not.
Interesting rumour.

I presume it would go where the existing buildings are roped off because of the unsafe condition of the wharf. That portion of the development needs to be rebuilt in any event.

As for Crystal Palace closing, this is both an opportunity and a threat to Magic Mountain. At present, there is a certain synergy between these two tourism related businesses. With Crystal Palace gone, this might make Moncton a less attractive destination for family vacationers which might in turn decrease attendance at the Magic Mountain Water Park. If however the Jelly family sees fit to relocate the CP rides to Magic Mountain rather than distributing them to their properties on PEI, then this could end up being very good for their business here, and for the entire tourism cluster at Magnetic Hill.

Time will tell. I'm hopeful that the rides end up on the hill.........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Aug 31, 2014 at 4:32 PM.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 4:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Pano from today showing the new phase of Hastings Ridge next to the original phase.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 1:06 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Picture from last weekend showing the new Kingswood Academy private school on Ryan Street, all set to open.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 11:53 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
A large lot has been cleared on the southern portion of DesBrisay Avenue in the Moncton Industrial Park West. I have no idea what is planned for here, but it definitely looks like initial site preparation is underway…….
There is now a sign on this large cleared lot announcing it will be the new home for Architectural Coatings.

I was unfamiliar with this company, so I delved more deeply on the interweb. I believe this must be the company:
http://www.ppgac.com

I would say that the new building will therefore be a large warehouse and regional distribution centre for paints and painting supplies.

They are also looking for a regional manager for PPG Architectural Coatings, based out of Moncton. Here is the job advert from the web:
https://ppg.taleo.net/careersection/...005371&lang=en

As such, I presume this building will also house the regional head office for this company in the Maritimes. It will be a large building, and I'm pretty sure this company will be new to the city.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 7:39 AM

Quote:
There is now a sign on this large cleared lot announcing it will be the new home for Architectural Coatings.

I was unfamiliar with this company, so I delved more deeply on the interweb. I believe this must be the company:
http://www.ppgac.com

I would say that the new building will therefore be a large warehouse and regional distribution centre for paints and painting supplies.

They are also looking for a regional manager for PPG Architectural Coatings, based out of Moncton. Here is the job advert from the web:
https://ppg.taleo.net/careersection/...005371&lang=en

As such, I presume this building will also house the regional head office for this company in the Maritimes. It will be a large building, and I'm pretty sure this company will be new to the city.
The job listing states working from a home office - "Ability to work remotely, from home office as well as in the field supporting customers "

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 11:50 AM

Kingswood Academy looks like a small hotel (Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn) or a small office building that one would find in a business park setting.
They could've tried harder...

Last edited by OUIR@random; Sep 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 2:29 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post
The job listing states working from a home office - "Ability to work remotely, from home office as well as in the field supporting customers "
Yes, I didn't see that. You're right.

This still doesn't take away from the fact that the new Architectural Coatings distribution centre in the Moncton Industrial Park West will be quite large. They actually had a rendering on the sign in front of the lot. Perhaps the next time I take a swing through there I'll take a picture.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie75 View Post

The more I think about this project, the more I like it. If they go ahead with a full blown large budget on a Haunted House, something that Magnetic Hill can be proud of, then, this could be a huge tourist draw. It may even beat Crystal Palace's yearly revenues.

I'm talking about a Haunted House similar to Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion.

Heck, why not convert Castle Manor into a full scale Haunted Castle amusement ride just like WDW Haunted Mansion!

Old Posted Sep 9, 2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Heck, why not convert Castle Manor into a full scale Haunted Castle amusement ride just like WDW Haunted Mansion!
I've often thought Castle Manor would make a great Haunted House or a themed Bed and Breakfast - perhaps a murder mystery type hotel where a cast acts out a mystery and involves the audience. So much potential in that building. I really hope it doesn't go to waste.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 7:18 AM

Future home of Architectural Coating distribution centre in the Moncton Industrial Park West sign.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 7:21 AM

Current status of the new inColor Building on DesBrisay Street in the Moncton Industrial Park (West).

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Future home of Architectural Coating distribution centre in the Moncton Industrial Park West sign.

If that's the entrance on the lower right, that's a huge building.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 3:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
If that's the entrance on the lower right, that's a huge building.
Yep.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2014, 2:34 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

from today's T&T

Proposed north end recreation centre estimated at $15M
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Times and transcript
By: Brent Maxerolle
http://22864.vws.magma.ca/index.php?&article_id=13792 (full article)

A new recreation centre for Moncton’s largest residential area could be built for a little less than $15 million, says a team of consultants with expertise in recreation venues across Canada.

At that price, the north end community could have essentially the sort of facility it has been seeking for years, and one similar to earlier concepts prepared by Trace Planning and Design in 2011. Typical of any such project, there would nevertheless be some deviations from the first vision, though.

The most significant change might be a rethink of the indoor skateboard/bike park as it was originally envisioned, because the consultants believe the large amount of space those two activities would occupy might not be justified.

The nearly 7,000 square feet would represent the second biggest consumer of space in the centre, but might still be judged too small by the skate and bike community, when nearby Riverview has a facility twice that size.

That said, a team from Vancouver’s CEI Architecture told Moncton city council this week the recreation centre should be built regardless of what happens to the Moncton Coliseum, offering everything from an anti-gravity and climbing wall to an elevated walking track, interior and exterior play areas, a fitness facility, community shared library services, a café and nutrition centre, exterior covered multi-use courts which could be used as an exterior ice surface, and an exterior splash park.

The consultants also warned such a facility would not generate enough revenue to attract private business partners, so the construction and operation of the facility would require significant financial commitment from the community. (There may however be interest from a private partner in running the facility on behalf of the city, similar to how the Red Ball Internet Centre and Crossman Kay Community Centre are managed).

Old Posted Sep 26, 2014, 11:39 AM
Random Contributor

More apartments going up behind the Cat dealer at Home Depot site.

View from Costco

Old Posted Sep 30, 2014, 7:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:

PPG Architectural Coatings is now under construction in the Moncton Industrial Park West. Forms are being installed this week.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2014, 3:04 PM

Does anyone know when Goodlife on Trinity is supposed to open? It's looking like it's getting close when you drive by...

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 12:51 AM

Quote:
PPG Architectural Coatings is now under construction in the Moncton Industrial Park West. Forms are being installed this week.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces