HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Baccarat Hotel & Residences in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
New York has about 110 towers exceeding 600 feet. So yeah, it's kind of lost in Manhattan's concrete jungle.
That can't be right.

New york has a lot of tall towers, but it seems hard to fathom that it has over 100 that exceed 600ft!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:07 AM

OK, had to look up Wikipedia. It shows 94 towers that are 600+, which probably does not include recently completed towers or one's that have exceeded that height but are still U/C.

That is just insane when you think about it.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:50 AM
BANNED

^ Have you ever been to NYC?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTEPman View Post
That can't be right.

New york has a lot of tall towers, but it seems hard to fathom that it has over 100 that exceed 600ft!
There are about 220 buildings built or u/c that exceed 500 ft., so I would guess there are at least 110 that exceed 600 ft. (counting u/c and probably JC).

NYC has more highrises than any city on the planet, at both 500 ft. and 600 ft.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 6:11 AM

Actually, no, scratch that. There are more than 220 above 500 ft., counting u/c and JC.

Emporis alone has nearly that number for completed bldgs for NYC alone, and they're missing at least 3 existing buildings, and maybe 15-20 u/c?

They also weirdly seem to completely miss a few very tall buildings that are u/c, but seemingly don't exist in their database.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 10:19 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
^ Lovely shot with the crane.
The tower may not be tall but boy that location ... in the middle of the concrete jungle. It doesn't get more "Midtown" than this.
No, it doesn't. Can't wait until the Tower Verre jumps into the mix. The people in this building will have great views of it, among the best.

Quote:
That can't be right.
The city could easily add 20 more this decade alone.

http://stupiddope.com/2013/03/08/dre...el-residences/

Dream Big | New York City’s Baccarat Hotel & Residences

March 8th, 2013
by Tamika Frye

Quote:
The heart of New York City is gaining yet another piece of expensive property. The Baccarat Hotel & Residences is setting up shop in one of the priciest areas in the city. The Baccarat is an expensive union between gorgeous design and expensive amenities and service. Starwood Capital Group partnered up with Tribeca Associates to announce that the Hotel & Residences structure will start selling units for the 50 story glass tower. Located off Fifth Avenue and 53rd Street across from Museum of Modern Art, the level of perfection in style and service is going to be off the hook. The prices will range from $3.5 to $60 million for a unit. Buyers will have the option to combine the units which are between 1,000-7,400 square feet.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 8, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
There are about 220 buildings built or u/c that exceed 500 ft., so I would guess there are at least 110 that exceed 600 ft. (counting u/c and probably JC).

NYC has more highrises than any city on the planet, at both 500 ft. and 600 ft.
huh, I thought Hong Kong and Shanghai took over NY recently in that category but could be thinking of "total # of highrises".

Haven't been in the heart of Manhattan but saw it from a distance. I plan on making a trip just to walk around. I just don't know whether I want to do it this year, or wait till this construction boom is further along.

Still, that many 600+ footers is pretty crazy considering what a typical city has. Amazing

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 4:14 PM
BANNED

Quote:
huh, I thought Hong Kong and Shanghai took over NY recently in that category but could be thinking of "total # of highrises".

Haven't been in the heart of Manhattan but saw it from a distance. I plan on making a trip just to walk around. I just don't know whether I want to do it this year, or wait till this construction boom is further along.

Still, that many 600+ footers is pretty crazy considering what a typical city has. Amazing
Over 200m Dubai I think has the lead.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 5:26 PM
Build Baby Build

NYC is the best city in the world not only for the 500 or 600+ towers, but also for the thousands of 150-300 footers. I am thinking of streets like UWS broadway at 72nd (or essentially most of broadway for that matter is pretty dense), UES lexington and east (especially with recent growth), and countless streets downtown.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 7:38 PM
don't *meddle*...

Not to spoil this thread any further, but NYC has about 250 buildings exceeding 500 feet (see my thread "New York supertalls").

500' - 600': #130
600' - 700': #60
700' - 800': #29
800' - 900': #11
900' - 1000': #8
>1000': #23
-----------------
Total: 261

(including completed, U/C, approved, in prep).

Now take all the approved / proposed ones out of the list, you still get at least 230 towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Over 200m Dubai I think has the lead.
Yep, that's right.
Towers over 200m (counting only completed and topped out):
1. Dubai: ~70
2. Hong Kong: 63
3. New York: 58

Hong Kong will be overtaken soon, while there's a good chance to take the lead by 2020.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 10:51 PM
New Yorker for life

( March 14, 2013 )

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 3:18 AM
Come As You Are

Looking massive already! It's really going to fill a big gap.

Can't wait to see the black cladding.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 8:22 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Looking massive already! It's really going to fill a big gap.

Can't wait to see the black cladding.
Neither can I. I walked over from Park Avenue, which in my mind is a world away from this block in style, but it really isn't. I think this tower would fit in there.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 2:40 PM

Update from this week! Coming along quickly now.

20 West 53rd Street March 2013 Update

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 3:06 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.rew-online.com/2013/03/20...truction-loan/

Bank closes on $250M Baccarat construction loan

By REW Staff
March 20, 2013

Quote:
Bank of America has closed a $235 million construction loan for the Baccarat Hotel & Residences, the 50-story luxury building being constructed on West 53rd Street in Manhattan by Starwood Capital.

Bank of America is acting as administrative agent and lead lender of a syndicate of banks providing the loan, which closed today (Wednesday).

The glass tower – which opened for sales earlier this month – will feature 114 guest rooms including 26 suites, as well as 61 private residences ranging from one- to four-bedrooms, including four full-floor units and a five-bedroom penthouse duplex with an outdoor terrace.

The hotel will feature a stand alone “crystal bar” atop the base podium surrounded by an outdoor terrace, a spa, indoor pool and fitness facility, and a bar and restaurant entered at street level. The Baccarat Hotel & Residences will open in 2014, coinciding with the brand’s 250th anniversary.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 11:33 AM

Very curious about the glass on this one. I have high hopes for it based on some of the more recent, detailed renderings.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 2:07 PM

This is going to have to rise quickly if they want the opening to coinide with their anniversay!
http://www.rew-online.com/2013/03/20...truction-loan/
Quote:
The Baccarat Hotel & Residences will open in 2014, coinciding with the brand’s 250th anniversary.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 1:58 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 2:08 AM

That E/W lighting scheme is *cool*.

I like how much detail they put into this without it getting to be too much detail.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2013, 4:08 AM
Come As You Are

Those interiors are amazing. Minimalist and classy, like the tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive