HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Hermann Place in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 6:58 PM

Lightbulb HOUSTON | Three Hermann Place | FT | 35 to 50 FLOORS

it looks like Houston is getting another 40+ story building, and a new tallest residential tower. TEMA Development is planning to build a 42 story residential tower in the Museum District, on Hermann Dr. The tower is designed with a "twisting" facade, and a 6 story parking garage (5 above ground, 1 below) connected by skybridge, with an amenity deck on top of the garage.

http://swamplot.com/where-youll-see-...dr/2013-08-09/

here is the site.

and the rendering.. finally leaked!

Last edited by cloud713; Aug 15, 2013 at 3:40 AM.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2013, 9:19 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New tallest residentials. Congrat for Houston .

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 4:37 AM
Chairman

Makes me wonder when will Downtown see more residential proposals of this magnitude...

-sb

Old Posted Aug 10, 2013, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Makes me wonder when will Downtown see more residential proposals of this magnitude...
One Park Place was a good start. Fingers' second residential building will be nowhere as tall but will occupy two blocks.

There's a proposed 38 story building planned for main Street and we have not gotten any further information on Hines' Market Square Residential project.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
One Park Place was a good start. Fingers' second residential building will be nowhere as tall but will occupy two blocks.

There's a proposed 38 story building planned for main Street and we have not gotten any further information on Hines' Market Square Residential project.
the 38 story tower is part of the Texaco Building Redevelopment project, which was recently approved (or something to the effect, there were posts about it on HAIF). its not on Main Street though, but between Capital and Rusk a few blocks down from Main, on the new light rail lines. that help boost downtowns residences, as well as Hines Market Square residential project you pointed out. there are something like 1500 new residential units being constructed in downtown, not counting Hines & Texaco.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2013, 4:20 AM

The 24 story Skyhouse is in downtown along the light rail line. It's currently under construction. Finger's 7 story residential is going up right across the street from Minute Maid Park. Late this year, a 5 story apartment will take up a full city block directly across the street from Skyhouse.

When was the last time three large residential projects were rising in downtown at the same time? Certainly not in my lifetime (was born in the 70s)

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 10:49 PM

Helix Tower

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 11:16 PM
Houston:Considered Good

Wow I hope that happens.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2013, 11:24 PM

Very nice!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 2:55 PM

Another rendering:

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 4:37 AM
Meh

That tower to the right is One Park Lane.

That building is 390 feet tall with 36 floors. So going by that, I would say this one is probably close to 500 feet. Right now Houston's tallest residential building is The Huntington - 503 feet with 34 floors and One Park Place - 501 feet with 37 floors is the 2nd tallest.

I wonder if it'll be taller than those two. It's hard to say, though. Austin has two condo towers under 500 feet that are 42 and 44 floors. They're 427 and 473 feet to the roof. So who knows. The Austonian in Austin hits 500 feet at the 45th floor.

I'd would estimate it'll be around 500 feet from the rendering.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 4:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
That tower to the right is One Park Lane.

That building is 390 feet tall with 36 floors. So going by that, I would say this one is probably close to 500 feet. Right now Houston's tallest residential building is The Huntington - 503 feet with 34 floors and One Park Place - 501 feet with 37 floors is the 2nd tallest.

I wonder if it'll be taller than those two. It's hard to say, though. Austin has two condo towers under 500 feet that are 42 and 44 floors. They're 427 and 473 feet to the roof. So who knows. The Austonian in Austin hits 500 feet at the 45th floor.

I'd would estimate it'll be around 500 feet from the rendering.
i hope your right. between this one and 2929 Weslayan it would be cool for one of them to be the new tallest residential building in the city.
i suppose the Texaco redevelopment tower could compete for that title as well, at 38 stories, though 7 of those stories are parking garage which is probably shorter than normal floors.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 12:15 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Is it just me or are there some extra towers downtown in that second image?

Old Posted Aug 16, 2013, 4:11 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
Is it just me or are there some extra towers downtown in that second image?
...and a few towers missing.

-sb

Old Posted Aug 23, 2013, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Chron
Design plans unveiled for new residential tower near Hermann Park

A Houston developer unveiled details of its new residential tower planned for the corner of Hermann Drive that has views overlooking the city’s skyline and the park.

Houston-based Tema Development, owner of the existing 35-story Parklane tower on the adjacent property, has owned the land for years. The new tower will be able to house 550 residents in 270 units.

The 42-story high-rise apartment complex has a complex and unusual design, some aspects inspired by buildings in San Francisco and New York City, said Michael Gooden, with Dallas-based Corgan, which designed the building.

The tower appears to lean because it “twists” 30 degrees over the 42 stories. This allows for closer views of Hermann Park for those on lower stories and the Houston skyline for those in the upper stories. The parking structure will be five stories and has an amenity deck on top, with pools and cabanas with a view of the city. Most units will have two balconies, one with a screen to block the bright sun and another with an open view.

Houston-based James Burnett, landscape designer for the Asia Society of Texas in the Museum District, designed the landscaping for the new tower.
http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...-hermann-park/

Old Posted Aug 25, 2013, 5:49 AM
FYHA

The Chronicle has an expanded version of the above blog post in an article out yesterday. It's behind a paywall, but google the title and you should be able to read it in full through their "free view".

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/busi...st-4757524.php

Quote:
Tower near park offers twist

Unusual design meant to help with the views

The 42-story Tower at Hermann Place will break ground in fall 2013 and be completed by spring 2015.

By Erin Mulvaney

August 24, 2013

A Houston developer's residential tower planned near Hermann Park Golf Course will be built with an unusual "twist," providing views of the park and city's skyline. Other new features address the city's often relentless heat.

Houston-based Tema Development will build the 42-story structure on an empty plot bordered by Hermann Drive and Jackson and Ewing streets. The company also owns the adjacent 35-story Parklane residential tower, built in the 1980s. The new tower will have 270 units for up to 550 residents.

Some aspects of the Tower at Hermann Place under development were inspired by buildings in San Francisco and New York City, said Michael Gooden, an architect with Dallas-based Corgan Associates, which designed the building.

"We are really excited about it. So far, it's been really well received," Gooden said. "We feel like it fits the area."

Old Posted Aug 27, 2013, 8:11 PM

Word is they will start moving earth in October for this one.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 4:46 AM

Groundbreaking pushed back to early January.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 3:07 PM
Plenary pleasures.

This is a gorgeous tower but why is this so far from DT Houston? Is this an atypically hot or vibrant neighborhood? Apologies in advance for my geographical ignorance of the area.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2013, 7:25 PM
FYHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
This is a gorgeous tower but why is this so far from DT Houston? Is this an atypically hot or vibrant neighborhood? Apologies in advance for my geographical ignorance of the area.
It's just under 3 miles from downtown and just over 1 mile from the Texas Medical Center, another major job center in the loop.

Plus it's on the perimeter of one of the most popular parks in the city, Hermann Park, and it's adjacent to the Museum District. There are a few other residential highrises in the area, with others planned.

There have also been plans of some sort or another to have another highrise on the site since The Parklane was completed next door in the 80s.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals