HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Aug 26, 2014, 6:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The entire Champlain Plaza (phase 2) is not being constructed at once. In particular, the 20,000 sq ft anchor on the east side of the development is currently deferred.

What we do know is that the plaza will include:
- Pita Pit (with a drive thru - this is a certainty, metro's 3rd location)
- Mary Brown's Chicken (according to micks5477, this would be metro's 2nd, possibly in the same pad location as Pita Pit)
- Easy Financial (according to micks5477)
- Possibly Sports Fanatic (according to David_99)

Sports Fanatic
website - http://www.ruasportsfanatic.com
Sounds like a clone of D&M Sports at the Hastings Ridge plaza.
I got the scoop from my fiance who works for Easy Financial. They are opening the Easy Financial on Mountain Road by Big League Burger on Tuesday 09-02-14. Then Dieppe location on Champlain Street to follow. So she got the info on who else is moving in. Once she knows more I will post it.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 7:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The foundation is now in for the new Acura of Moncton dealership on Aviation Avenue, just to the east of Malley Industries. Here is the first look at what the new dealership will look like.

Looks pretty snazzy to me!!

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 11:57 PM

As an Acura owner, I can't wait for it to open.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 7:59 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Appears Google has updated their satellite photos of parts of the city. Gauvin Road appears to be current as of about two months ago.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 PM

They captured a cloud directly over Downtown at the far left of the new coverage. They ought to fix that.

Good to see the developments on Dieppe Blvd, as well as the extension of Dieppe Blvd, under construction on sat view though.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 11:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Something else new in the works on Aviation Blvd.

Xtreme Cold advertises itself as a "multi temperature airside facility". The term "airside" is important as I think this implies direct tarmac access (like Fed Ex, Purolator and UPS have). As a cold storage facility, presumably this enterprise will be meant for seafood exports overseas. "3PL" BTW means "third party logistics".

Opening in 2015, this will be an important piece in the GMIA's plan to become a major air cargo hub.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2014, 5:18 AM

I'm no fan of Acuras, as reliable as they may be, I'm just indifferent to them. However, this dealership looks awesome, it looks as sharp as the BMW dealership! Now what I want to see is the new Audi-VW dealership...

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 2:51 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Ground has been broken on a pretty big three story dental clinic at the corner of Acadie and Olivier.

I really like how the density in Dieppe is creeping away from Champlain and up some of the side streets.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Ground has been broken on a pretty big three story dental clinic at the corner of Acadie and Olivier.

I really like how the density in Dieppe is creeping away from Champlain and up some of the side streets.
Looks like residential on 2nd and 3rd floors. Nice mixed-use project, although the street front looks pretty suburban with a small lawn, based on the render at least.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2014, 2:27 PM

Here's the rendering of the Dental Clinic currently under construction.

Untitled by Phil_5, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 27, 2014, 7:51 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

It's a weird shape for a lot. I imagine a certain amount of that lawn is out of necessity. Fair point though.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 4:15 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Updated map for the Village on Dieppe Boulevard development.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 2:12 PM

I found a presentation by Expansion Dieppe :

http://prezi.com/gvgukpbhql-l/14-4/

If you zoom out completely, it list the construction projects for 2014, 2015 and 2016+.

I sure hope all of this do happen

Old Posted Oct 7, 2014, 10:25 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by emad View Post
I found a presentation by Expansion Dieppe :

http://prezi.com/gvgukpbhql-l/14-4/

If you zoom out completely, it list the construction projects for 2014, 2015 and 2016+.

I sure hope all of this do happen
Wow awesome

Something going on it all corners of the city!

I didn't know Irving Tissue was expanding...20M that's a big deal!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 3:02 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Excellent find emad!

So, Expansion Dieppe is expecting $160M of development in the City of Dieppe from 2014-2016(+). That's ambitious.

I agree with mmmatt, the prediction of a $20M expansion to Majesta/Royale (Irving Tissues) in 2016 is intriguing. I was also interested to see that they predict the $6M BMR Building Supplies store on Dieppe Blvd to be built next year. They also list $10M of work to Champlain Place in 2014-15. I'm presuming this is for Bass Pro Shops.........

One thing this document proves is something we already know - that plans for new building and construction projects are developed and scheduled years in advance. There's lots of secret information out there that developers don't want us to know about.........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 8, 2014 at 10:48 PM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Excellent find emad!

So, Expansion Dieppe is expecting $160M of development in the City of Dieppe from 2014-2016(+). That's ambitious.

I agree with mmmatt, the prediction of a $20M expansion to Majesta/Royale (Irving Tissues) in 2016 is intriguing. I was also interested to see that they predict the $6M BMR Building Supplies building on Dieppe Blvd to be built next year. They also list $10M of work to Champlain Place in 2014-15. I'm presuming this is for Bass Pro Shops.........

One thing this document proves is something we already know - that plans for new building and construction projects are developed and scheduled years in advance. There's lots of secret information out there that developers don't want us to know about.........
Did we already know about the 18 million dollar school off of the Dieope Blvd. extension? That's a big investment! 48 million dollars that year between Ditech, school and Irving tissue!

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 7:45 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Did we already know about the 18 million dollar school off of the Dieope Blvd. extension? That's a big investment! 48 million dollars that year between Ditech, school and Irving tissue!
The school is on the francophone district's wish list. It hasn't been approved yet, but with the Premier and two powerful cabinet ministers from the Dieppe/Shediac area, I'm sure approval is a fait accompli......

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 8, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 11:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Actually the biggest investment predicted for 2016 is $24.5M for 350 residential units by Fengate Properties. They're the people developing the Village on Dieppe Blvd.

If you look at the above map of the development (post #352), there is an entire block of land immediately to the west of the Co-op development which will be residential. If you look carefully at the map, there is almost no surface parking on this block, which means to me that we're talking about underground parking, and there do appear to be a couple of driveways in that block on the map which disappear (presumably underground). With underground parking, perhaps we're talking about a couple of substantial towers going in here. Maybe something in the 10 storey range.

Of course this is all purely conjecture, and this property is close to the flightpath of the main 06/24 runway at the GMIA, so height may not be feasible. Still, it's nice to imagine the possibilities. 350 residential units is a lot.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 3:47 AM

Quote:
Actually the biggest investment predicted for 2016 is $24.5M for 350 residential units by Fengate Properties. They're the people developing the Village on Dieppe Blvd.

If you look at the above map of the development (post #352), there is an entire block of land immediately to the west of the Co-op development which will be residential. If you look carefully at the map, there is almost no surface parking on this block, which means to me that we're talking about underground parking, and there do appear to be a couple of driveways in that block on the map which disappear (presumably underground). With underground parking, perhaps we're talking about a couple of substantial towers going in here. Maybe something in the 10 storey range.

Of course this is all purely conjecture, and this property is close to the flightpath of the main 06/24 runway at the GMIA, so height may not be feasible. Still, it's nice to imagine the possibilities. 350 residential units is a lot.
72.5 million dollars between 4 projects is amazing!!!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 3:47 PM

There is lots of activity behind Master Packaging on Babin st. They were working on a large concrete foundation. It seems like an expansion of some sort.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces